Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I all, glad to be here, I'm just browsing the forum I'm mainly repairing computer and electronic as a side hustle. Thanks all for your post already.

Comment

Hi, my name is Tom and Im 57 years old, semi-retired. I've been taking electronics apart since I was around 8 years old. It all started with an electric razor my dad threw in the trash. I figured if it was trash at least I couldn't hurt it so I took it apart with the goal of just trying to find out how it works, (seems to be a continuing theme in my life).

Anyway, I ended up finding probably more than I wanted to know and actually ended up fixing it, although by then my dad had already replaced it. Then it was radio's, vcr's, and anything else? I could get my hands on. The guy behind the counter at Radio Shack ended up becoming very familiar with me as my visits to find diodes, transistors, etc. became an almost daily routine.

In any event, Ac I graduated high school I became interested in ham radio and since it includes quite a bit of electronic theroy fit my interests well. I'm licensed now as an Amateur Extra class, the highest license class.

Today I've progressed to board level repairs, being totally self taught, and have a decent set-up with a bi-nocular stereoscope, oscilloscope, and just about anything you need for that line of repairs.

I have many hobbies, including horologist, (watch and pocket watch repair and rebuild), photography, ham radio, Biblical Study, and electronics. I've never used any advanced software or board diagrams before and have replied on basic wiring diagrams for most repairs. My professional life was as an automotive technician for a long time and that's where I used my electronics skills professionally.

I came to this forum as a resource to hopefully find some board level schematics or diagrams to help me progress to the next level of electronics repair.

I'm easy to get alone with, hold many interests and hobbies, love knowing how things work (or finding out how they do when I don't), and love life, my family, and my Savior.

Any questions, just ask, I'll try to contribute as much as possible to the site.
      Thanks

Comment

Hi, my name is Bruno, I'm from Portugal, and my hobby is try to fix computers...
        Thank you all for your help.

Comment

Hello, Sultan from Dubai, I have interest in electronics, and I like to fix stuff. hoping to learn from here.

Comment

Hello everyone!

I'm Vinicius, I'm here trying to find some bin files to write to the bios chips

Comment

Hey! I'm Stephen and I work at a repair shop in California. Looking to expand my abilities and learn more to advance my career and hopefully open a shop of my own one day.

Comment

Hola, soy Manuel, Tecnico electronico e informatico, actualmente trabajo como encargado de sistemas en un hospital y aparte tengo mi taller de reparación de laptops, impresoras y pantallas, me gusta este sitio por que me ayuda con diagramas, consejos, archivos bin, etc...

Saludos a todos !!!!

Comment

hello my name is martin i run a small business in the uk selling pc hardwear online to the uk

Comment

👋 just getting back into tech repair and stuff. Gave up software programming in highschool thinking it wasn't going to go anywhere worth while. 😅 hindsight.

Comment

good evening people
                      old boy enjoying getting into electronics as a hobby nothing more
                      passes the time away something new to learn before retirement

Comment

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself.

Well, I am Long and I am from Viet Nam. I have recently done my post-graduation in Computer Science from FPT University.

I am quite good at .NET and PHP. My hobbies are traveling, coding and listening to music.

My short term goal is that I want to be a part of a Backend team, to build a platform that can show my skills and grow my career. I am always enthusiastic to grow myself along with the organization.

Comment

Hey, I'm an old boy who likes to tinker for fun, NZ based.

Comment

hi everybody im jheunne
                            from philippines working as mobile gadgets and computer technician. also skilled welder i have a daughter and a beautiful wife. thank you all

Comment

Hello. My name is Sasho. My hobby is repairing electronic devices.

Comment

Hello, I'm Serg and glad to be here

Comment

Greetings!
                                  I'm Karl, and laptops I touch always get hit by a broken BIOS, so here I am looking for BIOS dump files to try. Looking for the right one is quite tiring but it's always interesting for me whenever I see the combination of symbols that are in the .bin files, and the text strings that are printed in it, as well.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I'm live in Australia. My background is as an electrical fitter mechanic with a power supply authority (Sparky). As an apprentice we studied electronics and digital electronics in the third year of our trade course. I then went on to the industrial electronics Post trade course in my 4th year as they gave us a day off work if we did further study. Did some travel after my apprenticeship with my best mate (he is a Fridgy). - 12 months travelling in an RV circumnavigating the US in 86 towing a katana 1000 on a trailer with a bit of Canada and Mexico thrown in. Loved The US and Canada. Had a bit of trouble in Mexico but probably his fault. :-). Worked for myself as an electrical contractor when I returned home. Studied then worked in I.T. then started as a teacher at TAFE in I.T. Did a degree in adult education. Taught I.T. computer hardware, networks and operating systems. Switched to teaching electrical trades teaching to get a permanent position. The electrical trades course was dumbed down and most of the electronics were removed :-( I Love a challenge and look for projects to keep me entertained. I'm currently working on an A1990. I spilled a cup of coffee into it (no magsafe which caused the laptop to hit the double walled roundish glass coffee cup when I tripped on the charge cable) I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone. Regards John

Comment

Hello, I'm Kumar and glad to be here

Comment

Hi..Everyone I'm new member. I'm retirement but interest to fixing problem on pc .

Comment

Bilgi işlem teknik destek üzerine çalışıyorum elektronik bölümü mezunuyum

Comment

Working...
                                          X