X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just like to fix things.

Comment

hello. I came here hoping to learn how I can unlock my bios. 📿

I am an old timey nerd from way back. I use linux full time for 6 years.

Comment

Hello, Thanks To ALL Member,

Comment

Hello All, We like to fix laptops

Comment

Hi all! Long-time computer tinkerer here, my first self-assembled system was in or around 2001.
            Nowadays I'm starting to enjoy diving in deeper in electronics repairs as well.

Happy to share any knowledge that I can, and learn from you as well.
            Cheers!

Comment

Hey everyone, I've always loved PCs since i was a kid but only recently did i delve into the world of electronics and motherboards and i would like to be able to fix one in the future

Comment

Hi I'm Ryan

Comment

Hi, I'm Fraug 'Dib.

I've been a systems engineer and web developer since 1996 and used to sell off lease laptops for a living, so I have quite a bit of experience with BIOS password issues. A few years ago I bought this HP Spectre x360 on CL which boots but has a pass on the BIOS which I've tried to unlock several times with no success, which is why I'm here (until now I've never found one I couldn't unlock!). I have searched extensively on several occasions (hundreds of useless results) and since I just put in a new HD (fresh install) I figured I'd give it one more go.

In my experience, forums like these are an invaluable resource for hobbyists, repair staff and those inclined to DIY, and they are becoming rarer by the year. That said, from an old schooler (I started building PC's when the Cyrix 686 was hot...lolz) I sincerely salute your efforts and hard work in keeping this forum active for so long, regardless of the outcome of my personal issue. Communities like these once thrived on the internet, but over time the centralization and consolidation of the web has weeded many (most?) out and eroded the availability of quality, open source information.

Please keep up the good work, and I thank you in advance for your hard work and efforts.

Comment

Long time lurker, first time poster... since 2015?

From QC, Canada- fixing whatever is broken for fun since as long as I can remember. No formal training.

More recently, got into motherboard repair by the magic of youtube videos.

Comment

Howdy,

I'm a tinkerer. For the last twenty years I have been gradually teaching myself to do repairs. One of the most fun things for me is to take a piece of electronic or mechanical equipment that's broken and get it working again. I mostly focus on video game repairs and modifications, but I'm also really into AV gear - anything from vintage turntables to CRT televisions.

I blog about some of my activities here: yesterware.blogspot.com

Joined this forum in hopes of getting help with reading some circuit diagrams to troubleshoot a problem with a super obsolete video player. We'll see how it goes!

-Samson-

Comment

Hi!

I'm new there, I like Linux, and watch Sorin Electronics on YouTube.

Comment

i am just a randon guy on the internet

Comment

Hi, I'm KujosWrath, been lurking here a while and generally use the place as a massively useful resource! I've worked in I.T. for a good many years now but been looking more into PCB component repair. Always learning... usually biting off more than I can chew.

Comment

thank you for this

Comment

what's going on fellas, just a small repair shop owner over in South Texas looking to gain some knowledge and learn some things in some forums.
                                I've been in the repair business going on three years now an have always had a general interest in electronics, I enjoy working on game consoles
                                and getting to use my soldering station.

Comment

Hello everyone, just looking for a little bit of help with a repair.

Comment

Hi All, I am a researcher in PV materials, in Santiago de Chile. A long time ago, I graduate in electronic engineering .
                                    I am looking for expertise and know-how for repairing devices and optimizing electronic circuits.

Cheers!

Comment

Greetings
                                      I want to be able to repair stuff and be independent. I know basic soldering, elementary electronics, and can find most faults through visual inspection and some with multimeter. I am here to learn.
                                      Thankyou

Comment

Hi from NZ, I'm Mainly here because I can find main board schematics easily here

Comment

good day, am jayffer, cp and laptop technician 31 yrs old living here in phillipines
                                          i owned a small shop i like trouble shooting with guide like schmatic and board view

Comment

Working...
                                          X