Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another member looking for answers...based in Australia, I have my hands in all mechanical and electronic things, fixing what needs fixing while trying to reduce waste a bit.

Comment

Hello,

I am an IT service desk technician in Texas. I have played around with computers my whole life, but my experience is at most "novice". There is so much to learn about computers that I haven't even scratched the surface on.

I would like to learn more about electronics modding, troubleshooting, design, and all the adjacent skills such as soldering, electrical testing, etc.

Comment

HI
        I'm Daniele, I'm a new member of the crew.
        I'm new to electronic repair and thank you in advance for your help.
        have a good day everyone!
        Daniele

Comment

Today introduct by myself in forum

My name is Quyen2 and I'm a forum Becro. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 25 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
          So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
          where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

Comment

Hello , everyone!
            My first computer was ZX Spectrum 48k. First step in programming, first code in Assembler… Now I'm interested in modifying bios. Find here useful information and registered)))

Comment

Greetings! You can call me Frank, I'm from Indonesia.

Actually, I'm not an expert here, the reason why I'm joining this forum because I need some help for my "new" second hand laptop that I bought quite recently and sadly it has supervisor bios locked, so I have very limited access to the bios. I kinda like this laptop because it's quite uncommon here and I got it in fairly cheap price compared to other laptop that has same exact spec on local market. I wish someone from this forum can help me to figuring out my bios password when I'm ready to post my bios.bin file here. And I really want to learn all about bios, but I don't know where to start. Please, guide me.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Regular guy here, trying to learn new things in every direction possible from woodworking to micro soldering. I've been tinkering with computers since the early 90s. Atari, Commodore, IBM, Apple, though the last 25 years mainly machines out of Cupertino.

I've been browsing this forum for a few weeks now and it's already proven a highly valuable source of information. I'm interested in people's processes for troubleshooting mainly. If there's one thing I've already learned over the last couple weeks is that there's no shortcuts to fixing stuff. Especially when you're dealing with liquid damaged MacBooks. So I've been pouring over schematics, OBV, a cheap&ss microscope and a large bottle of IPA like there's no tomorrow ;-)

Comment

Just your average Joe here, keen on expanding my skills in various fields, ranging from woodworking to micro soldering. I've dabbled with computers since the early 90s, starting with Atari, Commodore, IBM, and Apple, although my focus has primarily been on Apple machines for the past 25 years.

I've been actively exploring this forum for a few weeks now, and it has already proven to be an invaluable resource. I'm particularly interested in learning about troubleshooting methods from others. One crucial lesson I've gathered in these past weeks is that there are no quick fixes, especially when it comes to repairing liquid-damaged MacBooks. Thus, I've been diligently studying schematics, employing an inexpensive microscope, and generously using isopropyl alcohol to tackle these challenges head-on.

Comment

Hello,
                    My names matt and I'm 40. I have a problem with broken things. Specifically when I can't fix them. You name it I probably have dabbled in it. Unfortunately some things are an art and I'm no artist. Suffice to say my solder skills are atrocious. I'm working on getting better at it. Just learned that more flux and less solder makes it much easier to accomplish. Hope to gain some knowledge here and with hopes to pass it on to someone else as well down the line

Comment

Hello there,

My notebook (Alienware 15 R2) got a short some days ago, now I'm here to check out some schematics and maybe I can fix it myself.
                      Most likely the motherboard is a goner and I will have to trash the laptop, but I wanna try at least and maybe I can learn a bit on the way.
                      I have a degree in an electrical engineering related area, but I'm not too tech savvy, especially when it comes to microeletronics.
                      Anyways, might browse a bit more on here as well.

Cheers

Comment

Hello,

I work at a charity that get a lot of laptops donated and many times the BIOS are locked. This forum always comes up when looking up information to unlock them so I thought it was worth registering.

Comment

Hi, im juan, in join on this because i start to work with bios pc and i can aport someting to you and learn someting from you

Comment

Hi guys!
                            I'm an IT pro looking for more knowledge and skills. Thanks for the Welcome!

Comment

Ciao a tutti!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello guys👋

Comment

Hi, I've joined so we can share technical information on component level repairs. I'm retired now - I used to work in IT and was originally an electronics engineer; I worked on computers back in the early 80's, to component level. Right now I fancy repairing my MacBook Pro 2020 intel based model myself - for fun. It died suddenly while I was using it. Completely dead. No usual warnings of low battery. I've charged the battery for 18 hours. It's still dead. So I'm getting my workbench up to date with the right tools. I need circuit diagrams, block diagrams, schematics etc and reading software for my new MacBook Air please. If anyone can give me information on where and what to source?

Comment

Hey, I am here because I like designing and fixing things for me and friends and people around me. It gives me great pleasure to create stuff or make things working again and avoiding to have to add to the trash pile.
                                    So if there is something that involves electronics, mechanics or computers, cnc machines, 3D printers, PV or has wheels or floats then it is for me
                                    And I am from Germany.

Comment

Psidonym is tec9uila, stumbled across this forum while trying to reset a lost uefi password for one of my thinkpad laptops.

new to hardware hacking or any thing to do with interfacing with eeprom or jtag but seems like I've found the right place! I'm a software developer (front end stuff mostly), but self taught and currently unemployed but working on a few projects.

hopefully someone here can assist me in my effort to reset my lost uefi password. Cheers!

Comment

Hi i'm new here and i've allways wondered of working of electronics. Now I am trying to get knowledge and looking for places like that where i could learn some things by analyzing posts. Maybe noob like me wil find something usefull.

Comment

Thanks for the sign up. Just trying to learn about LCD TV faults and repair.

Comment

Working...
                                          X