X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, just do computer stuf for fun now into clusters and amt

Comment

Hi peoples,

I'm from Sydney Australia and have been in the software development side of computers for 15 years now. Along the way I have build a few machines, for work and home, but don't think I should be given a soldering iron even if my life depended on it .

I am not sure how happy I am to find this forum as I have a VP6 with system freeze issues so I guess I will be replacing my mobo. I had been getting HDD failures as well, so I bought 2 new HDD to replace the RAID array with issues and the problem went away .... until I finished installing all my software, then another freeze.

Are there any thread around with lists of SAFE mobos that do not have cap issues? I am looking but have not found any yet.

Ideally I need a mobo with 4 ATA/100 channels so that I can attach the 5HDD and 2 Optical drives from my VP6 (raid or not I need the space).

Comment

Well, I live in Italy, I'm a student with huge passion of computers, hardware and networking. I began to program some applications with c# at the age of 11 and now I'm learning by myself more of networking world because it's the most interesting for me.

Comment

Hey everyone,

I don't have a lot of experience troubleshooting electronic components like circuit boards, but as an aircraft electrician, I do know how electricity works. Lately, I have been trying to repair different kinds of electronics as a hobby, and I have found myself struggling with the repair of a Samsung TV. That led me to find this website and I've found a lot of useful information and helpful individuals here. I am looking forward to learning from you all, and I will try to help whenever I can.

Comment

Hi everyone, just me from Nottinghamshire in the UK. New to the hobby as such, but tinkered with PC's from the beginning. Got a good collection of working and non working laptops and base units with a collection of CRTs sat in the loft space.
            looking forward to learning from you guys as I enter my mid 50's and try to slow my life down abit..
            Thanks for having me.

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm Zach, a 32-year-old currently calling Seattle, WA home for the past three years. While I may not have formal computer training or education in the tech field, my journey with technology began long before adulthood. It's a passion deeply rooted in my family history, with both my grandfather and father blazing trails as computer programmers.

From the earliest memories of my childhood, I was captivated by the world of computers. I can still feel the excitement coursing through me as my dad's company announced upgrades, signaling a treasure trove of discarded tech waiting for me at home. Those weekends in the basement were pure joy for me. Surrounded by a mountain of PC parts, I meticulously sifted through each component, driven by the challenge of piecing together functional systems.

The process was not just about creating a working computer; it was a journey of discovery and learning. I'd experiment with different configurations, exploring the inner workings of hardware and software alike. Whether I was installing the latest operating system or diving into the world of Linux, each successful build filled me with a profound sense of accomplishment.

But the journey didn't end there. I found purpose in extending the reach of my creations beyond personal gratification. Some of my refurbished systems found new homes in libraries, schools, and churches, enriching the lives of those less fortunate with access to technology they otherwise wouldn't have had.

Looking back, it's clear that my love affair with technology isn't just about the gadgets or the code—it's about the power of innovation to transform lives and communities. And with each build, I'm reminded of the endless possibilities that lie ahead in this ever-evolving digital landscape.

Last edited by Zach Case; 04-20-2024, 05:37 AM. Reason: Formatting was off.

Comment

Hello folks,

I'm a long time computer addict, starting with the Sharp MZ-80K. Dad was an electronic engineer, so I grew up with analogue and digital all around me before leaving home to (badly) pursue an IT degree (when IT was still a new term). I've been employed in IT ever since, but mainly play in the cloud now. Security is where I find the fun, however, and have enjoyed rediscovering my roots by trying to sniff bitlocker keys, experimenting with my Flipper and generally just trying to find out what the bad guys do so that I can more effectively defend against them.

From a bad caps perspective, I've already replaced some incinerated ones on a MZ-731, bringing it back to life, and I've got a dead MZ-80A which I suspect needs similar attention. I do miss having our Maplin down-town UK electronics chain store for want-it-right-now components because as soon as I put a project down to wait for a delivery, Mrs T will find something else for me to do and I won't get to return to it for months.

Anyway, nice to meet you all :-)

Comment

Hi all,

Just trying to fix my laptop, that's all. Warm hello from Hong Kong!

Comment

Hi, my name is Gustavo, I´m a Multi-platform Electronics/Computer Engineer, expert in technology.
                    As an organized and highly motivated person, I am able to adapt to any circumstance and always give my best to any project, while at the same time I strive to work as a team and foster values such as camaraderie.
                    I consider myself responsible, with a proactive spirit, and with a great capacity for learning.
                    I had the opportunity to do my work practices at a national and international level in well-prestigious companies and learn from the best professionals.
                    I´ve learned a lot from this forum, and I wish to help the forum with my experience.
                    Thanks

Comment

I'm here to learn. New to most med/adv software/programming, but very fast learner.

Comment

Hello i am here to search for drivers and bios files that are obscure and hard to finde ,i hope that you can help me out please. I hope you have a great day.

Comment

Hello, will update as soon I'm convinced this is an active and useful forum

Comment

New guy here. I'm a retired EE, with commercial, industrial, and audio interests. I saw someone here had a schematic of a Samson TXM16 powered mixer. I have one that died and I am attempting to fix it, so I signed up.

Comment

Hi, thanks for this forum. I´m am looking for solve some shit with my bios notebook. I´m from Brazil, i hope i can answer my question here and if i can help someone too. Tks again

Comment

Hi, I'm Adam.
                                I'm from Poland, and used to work as service technician (laptop motherboards repair). I'm looking forward to share experience and knowledge and to learn from You !

Comment

Hello. I'm here to learn on how i can fix some of my own electronics.

Comment

Spent a few days looking for a solution for my locked Alienware A51M BIOS and this website is one of the few credible-looking results I could find. I'd planned to just request for the admin password and forget about this account, but reading about all your stories makes me feel like this is exactly where I belong.

Nice to meet you all.

Comment

Hello,
                                      my name is Marc and I am a 22 years old student. I recently came across this forum while trying to fix the motherboard of my laptop. I have some basic knowledge in PC building yet I try expand my knowledge to microelectronics. I hope I will learn more about motherboards in detail around here and how to fix them. This is just a fun project to me since my gaming laptop of 8 years died on me a few days ago .

Comment

Im ariel from ilocos sur sur

Comment

hello, im fairly new in the world of electronics and i hope i can be an aspiring creator here! please feel free to pm me for advice!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X