Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm Rob from the UK. Worked as an IT Tech in Further Education for 25 years now since 1999.

Comment

Howdy!
      I'm Eiber from Venezuela, I currently work on IT and sales for an IT Services company. Reentering because got locked out of previous account.

Comment

Hello, I have had and worked temporarily with computers for my own use and also for employers since 1995-2010 but ended up in the entrepreneurial branch as my own for 12 years. Went to Cancer and stayed in hospital for over a year wondering what to do if you survived so ordered soldering equipment online and was wheelchair bound for a couple of years. Now out of the wheelchair and intending to stay a while longer as I am 58 years old today. I've played with all sorts of soldering kits and looked at div. electronics videos, got from a friend in the computer industry a pile of broken graphics cards that I looked at but without boardview and option to buy the components, it was difficult to fix them. Hope to be able to fix the ones that are worth the trouble with your help and make a small contribution to the environment with electronics repairs and reduce the mountain of garbage. Anderzzz

Comment

hi there, just trying fix a gpu for fun

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm from Brazil! I'm here as a hobby, I have some machines that I'm always tinkering with hahaha! I hope to contribute to the forum in the best way possible!

Comment

Hi Everyone, from Utah, USA. Have couple of broken speakers and a laptop. Trying to experiment and learn a bit of electronics and board repair.

Comment

Hello,thanks for the opportunity to join this community.

Comment

Hi, thanks for letting me in. Looking forward to whatever I can share that would be of help.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm a computer repairer and I'm glad to join this forum, this forum allows me to learn more and I hope I can share some of my experiences with you. Thank you guys.

Comment

Hi, all! I'm a web developer from Florida. Been building my own computers for a few years, heavily novice (I'm no electrical engineer in any capacity), and I also do retro gaming mods and repair.

Comment

Hello,thanks for the opportunity to join this community. I'm from France.

Comment

hey my name is ezedin and iam 18 years old and iam freshman just trying to be an it guy

Comment

Hello, I have been repairing phones since 2006 and, by the will of fate, I began to delve into laptop repair.
                            very interesting forum

Comment

hi, I am here to search schematics for my laptop

Comment

I have a Samsung 65 led tv it seems the main professor is shorted but when I rimove ffc cabele of panel it turn on.it means the main board is ok.i have no shortege on panel capacitors.what should I do thx in advance.

Comment

• Vesko356
                                  Vesko356 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Please go to the forum index to find the relevant forum section to post your request in. This thread is just for introductions.

Hello everyone!

My name is Jippy i am new to microsoldering on laptops, I came here to find a schematic off the ASUS Rog G513 i have found it and i am realy happy to be here!

Little about my self,

22 Years old
                                from the netherlands,
                                Having learned a new skill Microsoldering.

Its a therapi!

Greatings
                                Jippy

Comment

Hello!

I'm a professional software developer (Web: Rails, Phoenix, React) and have limited hardware skills but have always found tinkering with it enjoyable. While an undergrad I enjoyed CompE courses at least as much as my CompSci course and probably should have changed majors.

What brings me here is that I bricked my Lenovo T480 running a BIOS update in Ubuntu 22. The update hung and I force restarted after waiting for 22 hours for the update to complete. I have made a backup of the "corrupted" BIOS using a CH341A SPI programmer and SOIC8 test clip but that's about as far as I've gotten.

My hope is that I'll find a BIOS or patch that can restore the laptop. It's nothing urgent. The laptop was a gift which I thought would be fun to upgrade and use as a backup dev box. Everything was sailing along smoothly until the BIOS update. Note: The "upgrades" were increasing RAM from 8GB to 16BG and an SSD replacement. The upgrades were working fine for months with Windows 10 installed and again for several more months after switching to Ubuntu.

Thanks for reading.

Comment

Hello everyone my name is andriw. I discovered the forum after breaking my laptop and it will take two useless maintenance technicians, I'm 19 years old and an unemployed student. I'm a beginner when it comes to electronics but when it comes to maintenance I know a little more, I screwed up the BIOS on my Lenovo ideapad 3 15alc6 - 82mfs00100, I don't know how to rewrite the BIOS yet but as soon as I get the BIOS I'll find my way to rewrite it myself, without depending of third parties. I intend to learn and help whenever possible, I believe that knowledge should be accessible to everyone who is interested, I want to have a good relationship with everyone on the forum and I thank everyone in advance, thank you.

Comment

Hello for all members! SO i Ukranian who emigrate to Canada=) Newcomer. And i'm computer technician. This forum help me with find bios for some laptops. Thank you for this =)

Comment

Hello, Dear Members! I am from Ukraine, from the city of Kyiv, we work on the development and programming of drones. We repair laptops and other equipment. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                        X