X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic Technician from 2006

Comment

Hi!
      I am Alex from Singapore, I am hoping to learn more about BIOS security.

Comment

Hello,​​​​I'm Zina from Tunisia, I hope to learn more about BIOS security of old industrial computer.

Comment

hello iam wille from sweden

Comment

hi all! just some guy trying to learn more about computers! hope you're all having a great day!

Comment

Hello folks, my name is Pierre! Im brazilian and i love to buy some brokens eletronics to repair, just to get experience and learn some. As i can say i am a bit eletronic enthusiast.

Comment

Hi there, I'm what you can call a middle aged man that's very interested in a new hobby, so why not start fixing computer motherboards and doing general electronic repairs.
                I work as a railway signalling tester so I'm quite familiar with using test equipment and working with electronic equipment ive had a bit of a dabble with things like Nintendo DS's quite successfully, from simple reshells,replacing screens, soldering on new card readers and even fixing some motherboards. So now it's time to expand my horizons and start fixing some of my other things.
                I've got a fruit machine that runs off of a PC, these PC's are getting hard to find now with the machines getting older, i managed to source a couple of defective ones that I'm looking to repair, so why not get involved and learn as much as i can whilst doing it.
                So far I've managed to fault find one of the two boards to having a high reset meaning the CPU will not post to BIOS. Im currently watching lots of YouTube videos trying to learn all obout the Surface mount components and how to test them. I find it very interesting and cannot wait for the day i finally find the fault and repair the board, then onto the next one!

Anyway enough of my rambling i will have a good browse of the forums and see what i can find.
                Any links to useful information would be great

cheers
                Glenn

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm maniek and I'm from Poland.
                  I am an electronics hobbyist.

Comment

I'm not much of a talkative, much less a fan of sharing something online, or at least not everything, I'm just a technician who likes
                    computing and repairing machines so that they are in our favor, whether it is microwelding repairs, software repairs, etc.
                    I live between the U.S. and Central America, so I encourage everyone

Comment

Hello fellow self taught electronics hobbyists. Im 72. I have a life long interest in electronics. I took 6 courses in Jr college on electronics but didn't do well I have a learning disability where I have to scan a page then read it again backwards from bottom to top. I am a guitarist and fledgling song writer. At 14 I started playing a gifted beater guitar some one gave me, I read Popular Electronics and built a Fuzz tone from a kit. More recently I have modded a Fender Deluxe Reverb tube amp, And Modded a 5 watt tube amp adding a tone stack. I have a few amps and Arduino projects waiting to be debugged. I came here through a brilliant guy on YouTube. From Learn Electronics Repair channel. I built a $3k dollar CNC for sign carving I just bought a Laser head for and eager to install it. I recently bough a 3D printer and designed a Front cover for a ATX bench power supply. I'll probably be asking the consolidated brain trust here more questions than offering assistance. But I'm very glad to have found this forum.

Comment

Hello,

I'm new here, but very interested in what this site has to offer since I am an electronics hobbyist who enjoys learning about the inner workings of computers. I have been repairing my own laptops and desktops for over 20 years, but in the past few years I have become more involved with the more technical aspects.

Comment

I Am boogel12
                          from philippines
                          51 yrs of age
                          hi there. thank you for a warm welcome here at bad caps.. I have been repairing laptop/computer since 2015. I am new here in this forum,

Comment

Hey all
                            new here and kind of new to electronics! im learning something new every day.

Im an auto tech that is trying to get into fixing vehicles modules thats what got me started. I currently repair trolling motors, laptops, 3d printers, have successfully fixed 2 automotive modules.

I have minimal electronics training but a solid knowledge of electrical theory

Comment

Hello, I'm Mile1999 and I love/hate broken computers

Comment

Hi. Looks like a found a great community group here and hopefully I can learn a lot without annoying too many people with ‘stupid questions'

i have recently found myself tinkering with old computers (zx spectrums etc) but have now migrated into pcs and such. I have a bucket full of graphics cards that I want to test and repair if possible and that's my main reason for joining.

im fascinated by this board view thing and hope that files are available for the stuff I plan to work on.

please standby for a barrage of dumba$$ questions.

thanks in advance

Comment

Heya! I'm Inkstray. I'm an 18 year old tech enthusiast that likes to usually mess around with various pieces of tech, whether that be making things run stuff they shouldn't or just installing Linux.
                                  I really don't have much else to tell you other than that in terms of stuff i do with tech. I know how to do basic soldering as well as how to dump some BIOS chips.

I have some struggles with communication sometimes, please be patient with me.

Comment

Hello, I do computer and electronics maintenance.
                                    At 50, I decided to start repairing motherboards in order to extend their life and avoid waste.

Comment

I'm here for the first time, I'm a power management chip engineer, but I'm very interested in computer composition.

Comment

Hi, Looks a great place, seen this website on a Sorin video, here to learn and I hope to contribute soon. Thank you.

Comment

Ciao,
                                          Giorgio from italy,
                                          First vic 20 repaired in 1986 and I'm still here

Comment

Working...
                                          X