Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone I'm Tim a 25 year old CIT student just looking for some help with flashing a bios locked hp probook 450 g7 this forum looks very intriguing and i look forward to communicating to you all in the coming days and future!

Comment

Greetings, Bad Cappers! I work in the avionics industry repairing, modifying, and certifying aircraft power equipment (conveerters, inverters, etc). I live and work in Wichita, KS (USA) and enjoy music and movies and documentaries (on occasion). I am pleased to meet all in the forum and will help when and where I can. In my introduction, I would like to ask if anyone has had direct experience with CyberPower 1350/1500 VA AVR UPS products? I had one that required batteries (about 8 years old, I think). Once I replaced the batteries, the unit would start up but would not charge the batteries. I replaced all the caps on the charger side of the board and the solid state components, as well. The TL431K (U1), the Opto-isolator (U2), the Viper22A (U3), MPSA42 (Q4), and the LM324N (U4) have all been replaced. The unit now charges the batteries, but goes into capacity "overload" (max load capacity is reached in steps and a continous tone is triggered at that point) even though there is nothing plugged into the unit. The unit also does not run when unplugged. There seems to be no schematic out there anywhere and not a lot of useful information shared on YouTube. Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this issue? I am continuing to probe around and replacing more caps, several more transistors, and some voltage regulators (5V and 15V). The mosfets tested good including mosfet P65NF06 (Q8). Please, advise if possible... thank you.

Comment

I am a student keen to learn and explore electronic. I have my experience in software level repairing field with little bit in chip level

Comment

Hi I am a student.. I looking for fix my graphics card maybe this forum have what I needed.. also fixing motherboard desktop for saving money and environment from ewaste

Comment

HI IM SEREK FROM MALAYSIA

Comment

hello all of you the seniors, greeting from me from indonesia.. i crush my 506 asus tuf laptop, i want to learn to solve it šŸ˜

Comment

Hi all,

I m a belgium guy, I m learning electronic, and I m a bieginner

regards all

Comment

Yo, I'm Natalie. British and non-binary, in my early 30s. I'm here to start pokin' around at ThinkPad BIOS files as a hobby project. Looking forward to hanging out and hopefully end up able to help people in the future.

Comment

Hello, I'm Marek.
                    I'm IT guy from Poland with two decades of experience in user support and PC/HPC server designing/building. I'm looking for deeper knowledge in electronics/firmware repairs because there is no joy with components replacement I would like to know how to fix motherboards and its firmware and I hope that somebody will share some knowledge. Of course I'll be happy if I'll be able share my knowledge and help someone else.

Comment

Hi, I'm Harvinkumar and I build pcs for friends and as a small business. I've been doing it since I was 15 and now im turing 20. I'm here as im trying to pick up gpu board repair after working on my soldering techniques for a few months as I have 2 dead RX 6700 XTs that I would really like to repair for my friends. Hopefully I can!

Comment

Hello

My name is Yasin. I run a small computer and cellphone repair business in Toronto Canada

Comment

Hi all

I am just interested in getting things fixed an and done by myself.

Comment

Hey everyone just wanted to say hello and say thanks for letting in here to learn all I can since I have no official training of any sort. I joined here to learn how to go about fixing a Dell W1700 LCD TV/Monitor that the back lights have gone. Any suggestions regarding will be helpful. Thanks again for letting me listen in on all the professional suggestions.

Comment

Hi,

Im Andrei from Spain.

Im interesed to learn to repair motherboard computers and others.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, My name is Dave. I live in the Montreal suburb. I collect and repair retro computers (C64, Amiga, etc). I also repair PC a laptops to rebuild them for friends and family. I have a defective Home Theater PC that will need some love and recapping. I also got from work a relatively new laptop that was going to be sent to recycling because it is locked with an unknown Admin Bios password. Time to tinker ;-)

Comment

Hi everybody,
                                  I'm Roberto from Italy
                                  Since 1997 I'm a lucky owner of a Computer Shop with Service Lab. I like doing repairs and I have fun like a child. But now I want to increase my knowledge level and for that I ask for your help.
                                  Thank you all.

Comment

Hi,

Im Theo from Germany.

Im interesed to learn to repair my motherboard computer.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,Im Davor from Croatia,Im trying to repair monitor aufio rsw12, I dont have service manual. Woofer had loud buzzzzzz and green light, then I changed main filter capacitors,buzzz gone but green light gone too,then I changed almost everything on the amplifier board except relay,now I got green light but no sound,and I cant hear speaker relay clickšŸ„µ

Comment

Ezemsm,

work on electronics found a link to get schematic wound up here

-Regards

Comment

Bula I'm joe from fiji just saying hi to everyone

Comment

Working...
                                          X