This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I am a frimware engineer from Denver, Colorado. I have experience with Hardware design and Software. I came to fix a fauly power supply board from a samsung TV.

Comment

Hello! Looking forward to some great repairs.

Comment

Hey everyone! I'm just a gal that loves Dell computers and more! I run across Dell computers all of the time that have BIOS issues, so I decided it was finally time to join this group. Thank you for having me!

Comment

Hi, I'm and electrical engineering student and am here to find resources for my projects.

Comment

Hi,
            I'm an engineer who loves to work on cars and computers. I like to fix things, and I'll be happy to help others as well.
            Great to be here!

Comment

Hello, I'm Lentz.
              I am a new member of the Badcaps forum. I have a passion for electronics and computer hardware, and am particularly interested in finding solutions to capacitor problems.
              I frequently work on DIY repair projects and would like to share my knowledge with others with the same interests in this forum.

We look forward to learning and growing with you.
              I hope we can share good information and experiences...

Thanks.

Comment

Gerald Puerto
                31 September 21 1992

For the past ten years, I have been working as a computer technician in the bustling city of Manila, Philippines. As someone who has always been fascinated by technology, it was a dream come true to land a job in a field that allows me to work with computers on a daily basis.

My journey as a computer technician began right after I graduated from college with a degree in Computer Engineering. Armed with a strong foundation in computer hardware, software, and networking, I was eager to put my skills to the test in a real-world setting. I started out at a small computer repair shop, where I honed my troubleshooting skills and familiarized myself with a wide range of computer systems and peripherals.

Over the years, I have worked my way up the ladder, moving on to larger companies and taking on more complex projects. I have had the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to large corporations, helping them set up and maintain their computer systems. Whether it's installing new hardware, troubleshooting software issues, or setting up a secure network, I have always approached each task with a sense of professionalism and dedication.

One of the aspects of my job that I find most rewarding is the opportunity to interact with clients and help them solve their computer-related problems. I take pride in my ability to communicate complex technical information in a way that is easy for non-technical users to understand. Whether I'm explaining the intricacies of a new software upgrade or walking a client through the steps to recover lost data, I always strive to provide clear and concise solutions that meet their needs.

In addition to my work with clients, I also enjoy the challenge of staying up-to-date with the latest technological advancements in the field. The world of technology is constantly evolving, and as a computer technician, it is important for me to continuously expand my knowledge and skills. Whether it's attending industry conferences, participating in online courses, or experimenting with new hardware and software, I am always looking for ways to stay ahead of the curve.

One of the most innovative aspects of my work as a computer technician is my approach to problem-solving. While some issues may require a straightforward solution, others demand a more creative and out-of-the-box approach. I pride myself on my ability to think on my feet and come up with unique solutions to even the most challenging technical problems.

For example, I once had a client who was experiencing frequent crashes on their computer, despite my best efforts to diagnose the issue. After exhausting all traditional troubleshooting methods, I decided to take a different approach. I conducted a thorough analysis of the computer's hardware and software, looking for any potential conflicts or anomalies. To my surprise, I discovered that a rarely-used peripheral device was causing the crashes by sending conflicting signals to the main system. By removing the device and updating the computer's drivers, I was able to resolve the issue and restore the system to full functionality.

In addition to my technical skills, I also take pride in my ability to work effectively as part of a team. As a computer technician, I often collaborate with other IT professionals, such as network administrators and software developers, to ensure that our clients' systems are running smoothly. By fostering open communication and cooperation among team members, we are able to tackle complex technical challenges and deliver top-notch solutions to our clients.

Looking back on my journey as a computer technician, I am grateful for the opportunities I have had to grow and learn in this dynamic field. From working with clients to staying abreast of new technological developments, every day brings new challenges and rewards. As I look ahead to the next ten years of my career, I am excited to continue pushing the boundaries of innovation and making a positive impact in the world of technology.

Comment

Hello just a newbie here hope im welcome ... Im from Philippines

Comment

Hello. My name is Patryk. I am learning schematics. Cheers!

Comment

Hello I'm new to forums, took me 2 hours to access the email to verify myself lmao.

Looking to learn more about hardware as I'm currently learning to repair Apple products

Comment

hi guys from Melbourne Australia
                        i am 48 and been working for Acer computer as repair engineer since early 1995
                        now i am off work due to terminal illness. i just do some board repair for friends and family members .
                        i am very happy to join this teem and i will contribute what i know and learn from all off you . thank you and cheers JOHN

Comment

hello im jomar im newbie here i hope i can share my little knowledge and i want to learn more 😊

Comment

Offensive security gal here, happy to be here and learn. Love to see such striving communities!

Comment

Hello. I'm a pro HVAC guy wanting to learn how to do more than just replace these expensive circuit boards. The higher efficiency heat pumps have 3 phase A/C or DC motors, pressure transducers, thermistor temperature sensors, secret communication between units and very little training is being provided. Mini split hp's are finally gaining traction in the USA, but few of us can do more than install or perform minor troubleshooting/repairs at this time.

I have been totally off grid for two years generating 1000-2000kWh/per month. So, I would like to learn how to repair high/low frequency inverters, solar charge controllers and BMS's (Battery Management System).

Looking forward to working out of an EV van one day down the road after they've been out on the market a few years and I get a few more miles on my ICE equipped van.

Looking forward to learning about electronics and setting up my little lab at home from all of you.

Comment

hi iam computer engineer
                                and i fix and repair mainboard of pc and laptop 😊

Comment

Hi the community!
                                  I am a computer hobbyist. Recently bought flash programmer for repair needs.
                                  I am looking for bios dumps and help form better experienced users.
                                  Best regards form Poland.

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is juan antonio, I am a computer scientist by profession, but I have always been fascinated by the world of electronics.
                                    In my spare time I build circuits for my projects, and I also like to repair broken equipment and devices.
                                    My knowledge is quite limited, but I do not lose the illusion to continue learning to better understand this exciting world of electronics.
                                    greetings from palma de mallorca.

Comment

Hi peoples,

I'm from Barcelona, Spain and have been in the software development side of computers for 4 years now. I have build a few computers, for work and home.

I have recently bought a second hand Dell laptop and would like to unlock my BIOS.

Any help is welcomed

Comment

I mod and restore consoles and electric scooters.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I'm hopping on here because I have a 2015 Macbook Air that took some liquid damage, so I'm trying to figure out how to revive it.
                                          Other than computers, I'm an electronics enthusiast and work as a robotics software engineer.

Comment

Working...
                                          X