X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the world

Comment

Hey guys from Hamilton Ontario Canada.
      Actively teaching myself macbook repairs in my shop.
      Thanks for having me.

Comment

Hello everyone,

thanks a lot for helping me repair laptops!

Cheers!

Comment

Hi everybody!i am here just for hi 😀.54 old, some electronic hobby...what else ,i am not good speaker.thank to let me in!

Comment

Hello world, I am learning a lot from you people, thanks!

Comment

Hi I'm new to all this and here to learn as much as I can tha ks.

Comment

My name is Daniel, I am the coordinator of a team of engineers. I am 25 years old and currently giving capacitation to 5 persons. I am hoping to find interesting topics and threads that can complement my teachings.

Comment

Thanks for the help with bios and schematics, cheer from peru!!

Comment

Hello, good morning. Thank you for the input. I am a technician specialized in laptop training at the microcomponent level.

Comment

Hi everyone.

I don't think i need top share too much other than I'm a hobbyist that does all kinds of repairs and projects in my free time that i have.

I have done all kinds of stuf from smartphones, PCs all the way to electrical work and ebikes that i enjoy the most modding and tuning past few years.
                      I do work i IT rn, maintenance and servicing servers and PC's.
                      Im only 27 and i love to read and lern new tips and tricks in my field of interest.
                      I'm a huge audiofool and movie geek.

I've been reading many threads on this forum in the past but never registered to be able to ask question or give answers till now.
                      I will do my best with time i have to spare on this site to try and be a part of community.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                        hi guys , my name is bibo f 42 years >...... thanks for adding me

Comment

Hello,
                          I'm interesting in studying and repairing electronics.
                          Hope to find knowledge about what am interested in and help to whom looking for.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,my name is Oleksandr,graduated as an electrician.I am engoged in repairing computers.I like listen to heavy Metal and play Soccer.

Comment

Thanks I'm computer fixer

Comment

Well, I guess being social is the way to go here so I'll keep it brief.

Hobby projects is and has been fun for me since I can remember. I first took curiosity seriously when I opened my dad's radio to see how the people managed to get in there talking in turns without coming out. The beatings I received from my dad after that, my mouth cannot say. But that never killed my interest. I love electronics because it makes me happy

I know I'll learn a lot here

Comment

hello - i want to learn more about BIOS programming

Comment

Hello world, hobbies who always like tinkering

Comment

Greetings and Salutations fellow Badcaps members,

My name is John. I have a deep interest and like in computers/electronic repair. I hope to learn and develop further my knowledge with the help of this great community.

Peace and blessing to all.

John.

Comment

Hi i'm Ricky

Comment

I have an inability to leave broke stuff alone, wired this way at birth. I took apart my tricycle with a popsicle stick according to family lore. I got a wood burning kit for Christmas when I was 11 I returned it to Radio Shack for a soldering kit. A couple of years later an Apple 2e, my first computer. Books of line by line programming language was how you got more games outside of “it's fun to learn” games available on 5.25” floppy disk. You had to program it to play with it. And I loved every tedious moment of it. I learned valuable skills like anger management. I learned how to manage money by not buying tools I tested momentum and gravity with. College and beer then divorce and whiskey distracted me while life just sort of became really good at getting in the way. About 6 years ago I bought a locked iPhone 4 to see if I could bypass it just as a project and I bricked it. Found a video of replacing the chip that held security info and now the guest room is a soldering station/parts bin. My cat has become a skilled finder if dropped screws. I make some money at it but still a hobby for now. Right to repair will generate a need for more skilled labor, there are very few repair shops in my area and anything more involved than replacing charging ports and reflowing a loose usb/hdmi ports doesn't exist. I buy dead gaming motherboards online and sell the ones that I fix. Can't get better without broke stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                          X