Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I been here a while but didn't realize I needed to throw a post up in here. But thanks to all the people who are hosting this domain your doing gods work lol

Comment

I had some computer experience back in '86. It was all DOS. Not to long ago, I thought it was something just to do minor things like reformat and replacing drives. I'm learning hardware mainly. Though I am dabbling in site building.
      Personal about me, I'm a security . I love to read, ride normal and want to learn to . I;m, 52 glad to add.

Comment

I'm samoon

Comment

We are a computer shop in Northern Alberta Canada and this forum has been a God send for us. So many defective boards come through the door every week and now we can help people fix them rather than the ridiculous cost of replacing the MB. Thank you all so much.

Comment

Hi, I am hoping to learn how to repair electronics here. I am just starting out. Thanks

Comment

Hello everyone, My name is Daniel and i'm new here.

Comment

Hello, my name is Dmitry

Comment

Hello! I am a new member.
                  I help friends to repair their electronic devices/computers in my spare time.

Comment

Hi All, happy to be here

Comment

I wish you all a wonderful day. Please let me introduce myself. I am LEECH666 from Germany.

Although I have been a member of this forum since January 2021, I have mainly lurked in the shadows and only participated in the forum by reading when I saw a benefit. For the most part, I've used badcaps.net as a resource for repair knowledge and well, bad capacitors, and to broaden my horizons in that regard. What prompted me to post my first introduction here is that I could use some help with a Grundig TV repair for a friend. I will also create a separate post for this. I have a degree in electrical engineering but have never really been in the repair business and have only ever repaired what I and my friends needed.

My tool list includes the following items:
                      - 3 channel Pace MBT 250 (de-)soldering station with different soldering handles and tips
                      - Weller WSD-81 soldering station
                      - A cheapo ATTEN 858D+ hot air soldering station
                      - A couple of Digital Multimeters, Fluke 87 IV, UNI-T UT-61E plus some other ones.
                      - (brand new) Rigol DHO804 scope
                      - Some not so great Lab PSUs, the best one is probably a small form factor Manson 30V/3.2A one, all the other ones are shovelware
                      - an old an crappy tone generator (waveform generator)
                      - self built dim bulb tester
                      - a cheap Chinese Atorch digital electronic load, up to 150W but I don't trust it further than 100W
                      - a couple of these Chinese component testers which most likely were all based on the transistor tester project which was developed by the people on the German microcontroller.net forums.
                      - a resin and two FDM 3d printers

I currently lack an isolation transformer but I am looking into building or buying one for future repair jobs.

In general I would also describe me as a jack of all trades though I am lacking in some departments. I am an okay electronical alrounder but not great.

I am looking forward for more direct communication with the nice members of this forum.

Cheers,
                      LEECH666

Comment

Hi all,
                        I have read over the past several days many discussions of this enriching forum. I decided to participate. I have several laptops with blocked bios. I could already, thanks to the information of the forum unlock several simple situations. I would like to go one step further. Thank you while waiting for everyone's efforts.😁

Comment

Hey people im newbie in electronics, My name is Edvinas. Sometimes i trying to fix broken computers

Comment

Hello everyone, My name is David and i'm new here.

Comment

Hi, Thank you for accepting my request to be a member. I am Thalib Thahil, from the Philippines. Im into computer servicing and have recently upgrade my skill to include board level repair. I am here to learn and also to share any knowledge I have in this regards, and in the process find colleagues and friends.😊

Comment

Thank you that you add for this community

Comment

Hi, I already made an introduction but just incase it wasn't posted; Im Thalib Thahil, you can call me Lhybz. Im from the Philippines. Im a computer technician and have recently upgraded my skill to include board level repair. Thank you for accepting my request to be part of this group and Im hoping to learn and also share what I have learned.

Comment

Hi, Im from the Brazil. Im hoping to learn and also share what I have learned.

Comment

Hello from Poland. Hope to find and give help

Comment

Hello from England, working in edu, hoping to learn and share.

Comment

Retired IT engineer from the Mainframe age (IBM4341) as a Analyst programmer to IT engineer on Microsoft Server 2012 and network infrastructure
                                          Hobby's Electronic repair, Radio HAM, Metal detecting, Home Severs, NAS, PLEX

Comment

Working...
                                          X