• Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi, I'm Igor, everyone..thanks for this forum....it's excellent
    I'm from Russia...
    Ask questions if interested!

Comment

Hello, I was looking for some information on BIOS passwords and found this forum. There is a wealth of information here that I'm sure will be very informative and educational for me.
      Thank you!

Comment

Hello, I am having problems with my Philips TV. Found this forum to be professional and useful, so I am registering to further diagnose my TV issues.

Comment

Hello all, My name is Jonathon but I go by JB. I am a automotive and powersports repair technician. Professionally I started on the automotive side but have moved over to the powersports industries (Motorcycles, Quads, ATC's, Sea Doos, and Jet Skis). Personally I have always tinkered with anything broken trying to fix it, which brought me to this awesome forum with untold amounts of knowedge. My current issue is a corrupt bios chip on a HP x360 2-in-1 11 inch model 11-k120nr. I am sure i will be searching here for lots of other things as I repair instrument gauge clusters for lots of vehicles and want to learn how to do ECU tuning as well. Nice to meet everyone

Comment

Hi there, I am Mark, I have only ever used forums about 20 years ago and whilst I am relatively tech savvy, running a busy family household means I never have the chance to do tech things I like to. The main reason I have kind of been forced to joined this forum is I spent a not insignificant sum on a used laptop and rather than accept it is a expensive ineffective doorstop, they maybe a way to make it useful.

If time permits I am exicited to ask for a few more questions mainly about my various audio equipment which still sits unset up as a few things don't work, including a 1990's Nad Amp!

Comment

Hi! Greetings from Germany!

Comment

Hello from the UK! Hobby electronics repair enthusiast here - love bringing broken things back to life :-)

Comment

Hi guys,

Aspiring GPU repairman and modder here - located in Wales, UK.

So far fixed a 3070 and modded a few 2070s and 2080s.

I will be doing the 16GB VRAM mod to a 3070 soon.

Comment

Hi, I'm Jonathan from the Netherlands.
                    I'm working on a MSI MS5169 super socket 7 mainbord with AMD K6-2 500 and PC133 memory. It has some troubles with the cache. The board is stable with the external cache disabled, but unstable with cache enabled @ 100FSB. At 66FSB with cache enabled it is stable. The bord has Chhsi caps. I desolder a few and tested them. The messurement is ok. ESR and value are good. I'm wondering if replacing all the caps will fix it, or are the cache chips on the mainbord defect. I did already change the cpu and memory.

Comment

Hi, a shortnintro for myself.
                      Graduated as an electronics engineer in 1990.
                      Worked for a biomed company for a couple of years before starting my own service business.
                      Still going...
                      Whilst the world moves away from component level repair I still do as much of it as I can.
                      Sure beats board-jockey work.
                      Oh yeah grew up on a farm so if there was mechanical things needing fixed, that was invariably my job.

Comment

Hello! Greetings to everyone! Thank you for sharing very useful information!
                        I hope that i can finally fix my laptop after failed bios update

Comment

thanks

Comment

Hi. Greetings from Pakistan.

Comment

Hello, I’m from Ukraine, and we are at war with the Russian fascist invaders, but we are fighting!

Comment

Hello all,

I'm a 52 years old man passionate about electronics and IOT. I'm french (no body is perfect ...). I like playing with electron and see what we can do with them. I'm not an electronic expert as my primary job is a software engineer.

Comment

Hello!
                                  My nickname is Pumpking18 and i'm new to component repair

Comment

Hi, I'm maks. I just made an account to be able to to flash the bios on my thinkpad, but I thought I could also post in this thread.

Comment

Hola

Comment

HELLO, Im from Oregon and just a dumb timber logger......
                                        I'm new to dealing with electrical components and needing help with electrical projects I got laying around
                                        I've got pretty much no luck or experience with the small green board(ECU, motherboards and that sort of thing), or firmware ya no clue what or how. My lady understands software but I can't understand her hahaha
                                        I'm able to build cars, trucks, bikes. Well untill it gets to those things I mentioned above..
                                        Hope you all on this forum can help
                                        Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I'm Amir Zada from Israel, I own a repair lab in Jerusalem called ZadaTech.
                                          Hope we can all share some info to fix the world's devices and make people happy !

AZ

Comment

Working...
                                          X