X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,
    I am a simple guy, with a simple life. Nothing much to say for now.
    I was searching for information on bios password removal and found this forum that seems to be a great place to learn things.
    Thanks for your expertise!

Comment

My name is Pedro and I'm a forum several user

I have a little repair store right here in brasil and work for at leats 6 years formally in this area.
      im an affictionated about every eletronic devices, smartphones, game consoles!

my focus on the forum is share my knowledge and get more from other people

Think thats it, ill be very happy to get more knowledge and share whit other people here.

Sorry for my bad english, im not fluent and have no time to use translator

Comment

Hi everyone.

I’ve used the knowledge from this forum to save a few TVs already, though have finally run into one that requires electronics knowledge I do not possess, so here I am!

Comment

Olá! Me chamo William. Sou de Contagem/MG Brasil.
          Estou aqui procurando apoio para, inicilamente, aprender a consertar placas de notebooks. O meu queimou e preciso de ajuda.

Comment

Hello everyone,

My name is Robert, I have been doing IT work for over 12 years. I have been getting more interested in doing more hardware level repair of broken electronics, fixed my own 4k TV a few years ago when the screen started blanking out more and more often and in that case I had not known about this forum and worked on it just using what looked to be bad which turned out to be a handful of electrolytic capacitors. Since doing that I have been trying to do more of these repairs and am looking to start looking for more faulty items to fix and may start selling the repaired items. Once I get more confident in my ability to troubleshoot the hardware and repair the items and get parts I want to start doing it as a business to prolong the usability of devices.

Comment

Hi all, I'm new here, I hope to learn many tips of the experts.

Comment

Comment

Just another random mobo junkie doing the rounds haha

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hello Badcaps User, i am from germany and got some broken down laptops with locked bios so i started looking around and finally landed here I also buyed me a programmer and learned how to use it here. Hope to learn here more like i did here in first place. I also wanna share my knowledge to be a part of a nice forum. Cheers

Comment

Hi All!
                        Looking for repair info for my graphics card, and in the hunt for Schematics came here - Loads of interesting stuff that'l I'll need to trawl through...

Thanks for all you do!

Comment

Cześć

Z zawodu, jestem mechanikiem samochodowym. Kłopoty ze zdrowiem, nie pozwalają mi już pracować w tym zawodzie. Chcę nauczyć się czegoś nowego. Bardzo podoba mi się elektronika, jako mechanik miałem z nią już styczność. Może wiedza jaką posiadacie, pomoże mi w osiągnięciu tego celu.

Comment

Hello everyone excellent forum. great work here.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                              As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :hello to myself my name is John.

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                              So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                              where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :John

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                              hello

Comment

Hello,
                                I'm Jeof, I have been in the electronics repair business for about 13 years now fixing phones, tablets, computers, consoles as well as motherboards. Currently I work at a local shop but I am planning to open up my own store within the next year. Thanks for having me and I look forward to sharing knowledge as well as learning from others.

Comment

Hello from the P.R. 4 BadCaps.net & everyone.
                                  I am here in search of the source of knowledge of my precious and sometimes hated electronics ...

Trace TMS Cádiz ...

Comment

Hello everyone
                                    now it's time for me to introduce myself
                                    My name is Stephan, 31 yrs old, from Germany - near Duesseldorf

Comment

Just found this forum, thanks.

Comment

Hi, I'm Italian and my name is "Al". I'm happy to be part of this forum!

Comment

Hola colegas muy buenas noche . les saludo desde San francisco de Campeche (MEXICO)
                                          me da gusto formar parte de esta comunidad , soy una persona a la cual le gusta mucho aprender mas cada día , me dedico a reparar celulares y computadoras , y espero algún día poder aportar algo que les pueda ayudar. un saludo y éxito a todos.

Comment

Working...
                                          X