X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey everyone!

My name is Tobias. I live in the Netherlands and I guess I can call myself a jack of all trades too. I work in software, but I also have a passion for old cars (I have a 51 year old Peugeot 504, and a 37 year old BMW 735i E32). As a hobby I sometimes do projects with embedded software as well. I hope to one day learn how to design my own PCBs and get more involved with electronics repair.

Right now I'm trying to repair a TV that was given to me in unknown condition (Sony Bravia 49X8308C) with a mainboard extracted from a Sony X8005. It's the same mainboard but it has a different connector for the speakers but it can be easily worked around. The power board and backlight seem to work, Android boots up properly, but I can't seem get a picture even after reflashing the mainboard / pairing the TCOM a few times.

Comment

Hello, I am new here, I would like to share and also be helped. thank you!

Comment

Hello, I'm abdou. I am an electronics amateurة I am very interested in bios and schematic of pcs

Comment

Welcome I am glad to be on this forum

Comment

Hi!
            I'm from Brazil.
            I'm hoping I can learn and contribute to this forum. I've been a mobile repair technician for a few years and now I am attempting to repair all kinds of electronics as well.

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Todd and I work for a small custom contractor assembler located in rural Saskatchewan, Canada that primarily builds Electronic Circuit boards with some electronic assemblies, my primary role is programming and function testing but also am the I.T. department for our small (around 12 employees) company.

As for caps I been replacing them since the mid 1990's...

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Dieter.
                I work as an electronic engineer in a medium size company located in the north of Germany. I started playing around with microcontrollers since I was 16. I learned programming assembler on a TMS9980 CPU, and the moved to 8085, Z80 and 8086/88. Since that time, I prefer programming in C, C++ and C#. As electronics is also my hobby I replaced electrolytic capacitors in the power supplies of many devices already, including scopes, printers, and monitors.
                Now I stared playing around with some notebook mainboards I received for training purposed. Most of them have a BIOS locked by a master password which is unknown. I came here with the hope that a wizard may help me to clean the BIOS and remove the password.
                Best regards, Dieter
                Last edited by FjordFisch; 08-21-2023, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Hi, I'm Max from Berlin. I'm in my sixties and I've been repairing radio and HiFi equipment as a hobby since nearly fifty years. This has developed into a collection of classic HiFi devices, especially Braun and Revox. Recently, my interest focused on vintage Apple computers, since I've been using MacIntosh computers since the early 90s and I found some of my old computers in the attic and I want to revive them. So, I'm glad having found this site. Hopefully, an old pony learns some new tricks.
                  Regards, Max

Comment

Hello, I'm JT. I have been doing repairs on anything and everything for almost a dozen years now. Hoping to gain and share knowledge with others on how to fix things rather than replacing!

Comment

Hi hope you are all well. Just a quick introduction as I have been lurking around and reading posts on here for a while now. My name is Chris from the U.K. Father of 4 and and computer geek. I love all things tech. Looking forward to learning and helping out where I can ������

Comment

After being off here due to cancer' proud to be back and cancer free...
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-22-2023, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone! I have been repairing equipment for several years.
                          Thank you for your badcaps and help!

Comment

Hi you people arround the world,
                            my name is Thomas from southern Germany, and i like repairing electronics i hope finding some advice here, and perhaps giving some of my experience to you.

Comment

Registration required to view attachments ((((((((

Comment

Someone told me that there were doughnuts in here.

Comment

Hello friends, my name is Jesús Reyes Piedra, I'm a electronic engineer for 29 year, graduate in Las Villas University in 1994. I live in Cárdenas, Matanzas, Cuba.

I like repair computers or any electronics stuff, programing on python, ASM, Arduino. I like linux.

Comment

Hello to everyone

Comment

Hello everyone ' glad to be back

Comment

Hi my name is Mark and I am from Phoenix Arizona. I would consider myself to be a novice TV repairman on the side. Working with LED's for the most part. Until, what I buy forces me to venture further! LOL I guess I'm learning fairly quick when I look back at everything I've accomplished! I hope to continue learning with all of you & share my knowledge as well!! Thx guys, Mark Garrison

Comment

Hi, I'm Erik and I like to repair broken electronics to give them a second chance at life. I live in San Jose, California but I'm originally from Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                          X