This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone, a new guy here. Zero experience, but i try not to be to much of an issue to anyone

Comment

Hi everyone, new here. Mostly just a lurker

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm Dylan. I'm an electrical engineer who is a noob to electronics repair. I recently bought a broken TV and I'm trying to get it working. Found this website and was hoping that some of the experience here may assist me in my learning and get this bad boy up and running!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm Marcos. I'm starting to study electronics and I've heard great things about this site. I'm here to learn.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm Benjamin, from around Paris in France.
            I discovered the forum while trying to repair a unowhy y13 that has not liked bios parameter modifications and now refuses to post.

I like DIY and the associated learning.

Comment

Hi there,

I'm just another locksmith from @ Brasov, Romania.

To sum it up, I took up electronics repair from my father way back but didn't stick to it for a long time. That was about 20 years ago; back then for me the most common problem in CRT TVs was fixed by replacing a BU808 and a 10uF cap. Now I want to give it a new chance, mostly as a hobby.

Much has changed and I need to learn the new things and relearn the basics. I believe I can do it here.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Salve a tutti
                i'm Viarenati. I started to use computer with a C64.
                Now it is filling up with injured hardware but my experience is limited and so i am here to learn from you
                Thanks

Comment

Hello im new here

Comment

Hello im roy_24 from the phillipines....in the guy to ready learn alot of truoble shoting of gadget and im ready to share my idea to every one....

Comment

Hello to everyone! I'm a cnc enthusiast, looking for information about pc repair.

Comment

Hi. Tomas from Sweden. I like to mod videogames systems mostly.

Comment

Hello, Walrus here from the US, Kansas City area. I work in IT and also like to do hardware tinkering in my free time. Joined here because I needed help with a laptop BIOS I was struggling to find. I was able t find because of this wonderful place!

Comment

hello thanks for the opportunity to help fix my laptop

Comment

Hello,everyone!

Comment

Hello everyone! I am new to the field, but I am eager to learn about repairing motherboards and graphics cards, I am willing to both learn and contribute my knowledge as I learn. Greetings!

Comment

Hi everyone
                                  my name is Samuel (nox73).
                                  I'm Italian and sorry for my English!

I came here because I have a big problem with my LENOVO ThinkPad P1 Gen3.

I am not a professional in the sector, but a mechanical engineer who needs good advice to solve my problem.

Comment

Hello, My name is Johan and I started repair electronics again. I worked for 13 years at the technical service Burroughs / Unisys. And after a long pause I started again to repair electronics. And there is still nothing better than repair stuff. I still love it.

Hope to meet you on this forum

Comment

Hi there, my name is Stephan and i often repair electronic's for my hobby.
                                      so in this case i found this forum because of a faulty APC UPS, the easiest option is to simply buy a new one, but hey.. it is so nice to repair such equipment, so that is way i found Badcaps.net

Comment

Greetings, I'm AM (my usual nickname only though) and it's my pleasure to be here.
                                        I love learning on something I haven't known or familiarised with yet, this time was computer repair. Quite a newbie in this field, but I hope I will get to know something new here.

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm Michelle.
                                          I hope this site can help me fix my Lenovo. I contracted a motherboard virus that survives OS reinstall. When I spoke to Microsoft and Lenovo, in more than a dozen conversations, they said it wasn't possible and acted like I was a paranoid crazy person.

About a year later, Lenovo stated in a security advisory that a mobo virus was discovered that could survive OS reinstall and listed hundreds of computers that were susceptible to it, which included mine.

Of course they thanked someone else for bringing it to their attention.... I guess they had more credibility than I did, despite that it took them a year longer to figure it out.

Anyways, a little about me:
                                          I was the Director of Marketing for several years. Throughout my years in marketing I was constantly pushed into fixing tech related issues and tweaking the website code. My tech responsibilities kept growing until one day I realized, I was a full out web developer for the company I was working for. I haven't had any formal training, so I just learn as I go.

Every "marketing" job after that morphed into web design and/or web development. I decided I really liked it. Now, I am a freelance Marketer and Web Designer. People who know me consider me a web developer too but I disagree. I kinda know HTML and a little CSS and PHP.

So that's me... I like learning and I like coding. I wish I had known that sooner. I could have spent my high school years soaking up knowledge instead of partying.

Comment

Working...
                                          X