This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone, been reading this forum for a while and finally decided to join! I love tinkering and repairing stuff, so it will be great to learn new things!

Comment

Hi I'm new to here. I think I will love stay here all days.

Comment

Hello everyone

Comment

Love Badcaps!

Comment

Greetings from Germany

Comment

Hello everyone !
              I'm here to gain some knowledge.

Comment

Hello to everybody !!! I come from Czech Republic and I m servicing everything from apple , I like cars girls and BADCAPS sure
                I m 40 yo and I have daughter

Comment

Hello everyone. I am Kjells from Norway.
                  I like working with electronics, repairing motherboards and other stuff.
                  Really love badcaps.

Comment

Salutations, fellow tech aficionados,

I'm here to crash the digital party and bring a sprinkle of hardware wizardry to this delightful tech forum. You can call me "Khan", and yes, I'm that IT guy who spends days battling digital dragons and nights... well, battling with wires, resistors, and that stubborn Raspberry Pi.

By day, I'm the IT Jedi, wrangling with code and coaxing computers to cooperate. But let's face it, after hours, the inner hardware tinkerer awakens. I've been known to dismantle devices just to see what makes them tick – and sometimes, I even manage to put them back together.

I'll be the first to admit, my soldering skills are just a step above "electrical duct tape," but I'm on a quest to transform old gizmos into things that might resemble functional contraptions. If you've ever seen a toaster that can send a tweet or a coffee maker with a penchant for poetry, you might be in for a treat.

So, if you're ready to embark on a journey of misadventures with me – from programming mishaps to "almost-there" contraptions – buckle up. Let's swap tales of triumphs and tribulations, all while trying to remember that there's a real world out there beyond microcontrollers and debuggers. And hey, if your Arduino starts serenading you at 2 a.m., just know you're not alone.

Here's to unraveling the mysteries of the tech universe, one circuit at a time! Remember, if all else fails, just give it a good whack – it's the hardware tinkerer's secret weapon.

Circuitously yours,
                    [Your Name]

Comment

hey all! im nick, just now breaking into the micro electronics repair industry
                      i received a hp spectre 13 v111-dx with motherboard la d402p- wont charge, wont turn on with a cracked screen for free, to play with and attempt to repair

Comment

hello,

I'm Cailan, and I wish to share some of my limited knowledge and findings on this forum. Although, by the looks of it, I'm going to have to read up some more and gain some know-how from the stuff posted here.

I like planes, headphones, PEVs, and laptops. I am handy with a soldering iron, and I can get around a schematic if you give me a few hours.

nice to meet you.

Comment

I am Deksor. I am a 25 years old French guy and I love vintage computers.
                          I participate actively at the development of a site named "theretroweb" which is documenting thousands old PC motherboards dating from 1981 up until the mid 2000s.
                          I have known badcaps.net for some time, but didn't make an account here until now.

I've had my fair share of bad caps despite my young age, from an old Acer computer (my childhood's computer, which died to the 2000's capacitor plague), a SNES, a Sega Game Gear, Amiga 600 and 1200, Compaq Deskpro, some speaker set that's owned by my father ... and this forum helps finding good replacements

Comment

Howdy folks happy to be part of the awesome forum

Comment

Hi guys, nice to be here. Knucklegrumble's BIOS patch script is great

Comment

Hello, Adamant IT brought me here. Hope I have a good time

Comment

Greetings from Lithuania! Looking forward to gain more knowledge in electronics, this forum looks sweet

Comment

Hola a todos, me llamo maxto316 y soy un fanático de los videojuegos. Me gusta probar todo tipo de juegos, desde los clásicos hasta los más actuales. También me gusta crear mis propios juegos con diferentes plataformas y motores.

Tengo una formación en informática y trabajo como desarrollador de software para una empresa. Me gusta estar al tanto de las últimas novedades y tecnologías del sector. A veces participo en concursos y hackathons de programación.

Mi primera computadora fue una Atari 2600 que me compré con mis ahorros cuando era niño. Me divertía mucho jugando con ella y aprendiendo a hacer trucos y trampas. Desde entonces he tenido varias computadoras, pero mi favorita es la que tengo ahora, una PC gamer con un disco duro de 2 TB y una tarjeta gráfica de última generación.

Espero poder compartir y aprender con vosotros en este foro. Un saludo. :wave:

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is maxto316 and I am a fan of video games. I like to try all kinds of games, from classics to the most current ones. I also like to create my own games with different platforms and engines.

I have a background in computer science and I work as a software developer for a company. I like to keep up with the latest news and technologies in the sector. Sometimes I participate in contests and hackathons of programming.

My first computer was an Atari 2600 that I bought with my savings when I was a kid. I had a lot of fun playing with it and learning how to do tricks and cheats. Since then I have had several computers, but my favorite is the one I have now, a PC gamer with a 2 TB hard drive and a state-of-the-art graphics card.

I hope to be able to share and learn with you in this forum. Greetings. :wave:

Comment

Hello All!

I'm RabidNative. I am located in the desert of Arizona, USA. As with most other users here, I am a long time gamer and tinkerer. I got access to my first computer (90mhz pentium) in second grade which sparked an interest in all things electric and electronic. I have spent the last 20 years moving through the different areas of consumer electronics starting with home theater, then to automotive and diesel, then over to material handling. I have a "basic" understanding of electronic diagnosis, however, that only scrapes the surface mounted component world.

Recently I have moved into more Li-ion and Lifepo control systems for industrial equipment and started working on a homebrew outdoor lighting system to meet the needs of my house.

I look forward to learning as much as I can from the members of this community

Comment

Hi, as you can see from my username, it's dead. My Asus RX 5700, that is.

So here I am, hoping to find information that helps me with diagnosing what is wrong with it and to hopefully fix it afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                                          X