• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I'm not a robot

nice to meet you human

Comment

Hello all, I joined this forum because my good old T470 suddenly stopped working. Have a nice day.

Comment

hello!

Comment

Hi Folks, just joined but have years of experience fixing all types of electrical / electronics and software problems.. but you can never know it all and there's a lot of knowledgeable folk on here.. hope to be able to provide some help too if I can..

Comment

Hi There. Great Forum.
            Thanks

Comment

Greetings all!

Comment

Hi I'm Stevie
                I am an Auto Electrician and most of my time now is spent repairing PCB's because cars are just giant computers with wheels, the difference is cars can kill you, they can run you over or put 675volts through you if you cut the wrong wire. I can see that the automobile computers are different to a laptop or pc as every system has a backup which kicks in to keep everything working and some systems have multiple backups and failsafe shut downs so there are more mosfets capacitors diodes and ic's to check but they are all the same as in my laptop just a lot more of them. Stupid Teslas

Comment

Hello All:

My name is Phil, and I'm a retired software/hardware engineer. I started in the Altair 8800 days. Since I couldn't afford one, I collected bits and pieces and eventually designed and built my own system. Ah, the good old days of wirewrap!

Anyway, I'm glad to find this forum. I occasionally need to track some information on some obscure issue.

Comment

Hi badcappers.

Im here to learn about computers and electronics and maybe can help another one

Comment

New member here,
                      My frist attempted to fix MBP 14 M1 Pro brought me to this forum.
                      Wish me a luck and thanks in advanced for all the resources this forum has.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

whats on my bench for repair today - a Commodore 64 breadbin 250407 pcb - what is this 1984 !

Comment

Hi, I am Morten from Norway and I have built and repaired computers as long as I can remember. I also repair a lot of household items and electric tools. Nothing advanced.
                          I found this forum as my APC back-ups 1500 LCD stopped seeing that it has a battery inside despite that there is a battery there, connected and fully charged. It stopped working after a very short power outage of one second or so. I found an excellent post about that ups that I hope will fix it. Thank You all!.

Comment

Originally posted by MortenM View Post
                            Hi, I am Morten from Norway and I have built and repaired computers as long as I can remember. I also repair a lot of household items and electric tools. Nothing advanced.
                            I found this forum as my APC back-ups 1500 LCD stopped seeing that it has a battery inside despite that there is a battery there, connected and fully charged. It stopped working after a very short power outage of one second or so. I found an excellent post about that ups that I hope will fix it. Thank You all!.
                            I might add that the ups is marked APCRS1500LCD on the label underside..

Comment

hi all I'm Sam 37 from south east uk I have been interested in all forms of repair from an early age and enjoyed nothing more as a child who born less abled would sit at my desk with the soldering iron my grandfather got me and build or repair what i could I'm entirely self taught but have loved every second of it especially when fixing something others thought was only fit for the bin ( my step dad hated it because the washing machine lived longer than he wanted lol) so welcome all and hope to chat to a few of u and maybe help where I can

Comment

Hello to all commuters.
                                I'm just looking around the forum.

Regards.

Comment

Nice to see how that thread went up to 1700+ pages! That shows how people are actually interested in the topic.

I'm hardware guy myself, love computers starting journey @10yo with Sinclair ZX80 and never stop learning since that. Hope to be usefull for that friendly place's growth

Comment

Hello. My name is Anderson im from Salvador - Bahia - Brazil.

Comment

Hello all!

Comment

Hi, I am a new member here.

Comment

Hello everyone

My name is Jonathan and I'm an evolving-self taught pcb repair guy. I mainly focus on gaming consoles but want to learn about every type of pcb and how to fix them. I'm relatively new to this space but have found it to be my passion. I hope to one day make a career out of it - even if I'm currently in my early 40s.

Comment

Working...
                                          X