This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello, im here to learn how to fix bios locked machines. I've got plenty here at work :^)

Comment

A little background:
      - I live about 40 miles north of San Diego.
      - Retired from energy field.
      - Mechanical engineer but enjoy studying electrical stuff.
      - Currently trying to fix my old Vizio TV by looking at YouTube videos. Learning a lot along the way but have yet to fix the Vizio.

Mike

Comment

Hi everyone. My name is Victor Atanasov and i live in Germany.
        60 years old , long time computer technician, lately trying on component level repairs. I hope to find here useful info and maybe be of some help to the comunity.
        Tanks

Vic

Comment

Hello from Greece guys

Comment

Greetings to all. Been around since the C64 days so Im old. Just here to read and kill time.

Comment

Hello BadCaps community!

I am a 35 yo mechanical engineer that has decided I need to learn component level electronics repair. I have found the YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/@LearnElectronicsRepair extremely helpful and this forum was named on that channel. I like fixing things and making things. I have a 3D printer, a desktop CNC mill, and I will be building an electronics lab over time.

- Jhunga

Comment

Hello from the western part of Norway.
                I run my own electronics service workshop for the music industry.
                Already read a lot of useful information here in the forum. There is a lot of knowledge here! So I think this forum will help a lot and hopefully I can share my knowledge with you.

Comment

Hello everyone
                  I'm Giovanni from Italy
                  nice forum, hope we can help each other

Comment

Hello all, from the UK.
                    Hobbyist computer repairer.
                    Been lurking for along time without posting anything!

Comment

Hi all.
                      I'm in Kent in the UK and found this forum through the Legend that is 'Richard' of You Tube 'Learn Electronic Repair'. His videos have taught me so much that I should have learnt years ago.
                      I am disabled with mental health issues, depression, anxiety and panic attacks, and the world of electronic repair has brought me a whole new world to learn about and hopefully aid my recovery. My back ground is in Mechanical Engineeering and I enjoy the oil free nature of electronic repairs.
                      I look forward to learning more in this forum, but please allow my stupid newbie questions.

Comment

Hi im mikolaj and have problem with laptop so came here to ask for help

Comment

Hi, JimoB! Amongst other things I'm a repair addict. Many things get fixed and others, well NOT! The successes make the failures worth it though. This seems like a really collaborative forum and I'm looking forward to getting into it ASAP. I think this is where I post my introduction. Thanks everyone!

Comment

I'm Glenn, long time lurker, first time poster, these forums have been incredibly useful over the years, now it's my turn to attempt to make a contribution.

Living in Narrabeen Sydney.

Comment

HI I AM RAGAV From Pondicherry Good To See Everyone in in forum

Comment

Hello, I am David.
                                Came across your forum searching for a solution to fixing my TV which shows a blue screen and I don't know weather I need to reflash the firmware or if there's something burnt inside so looking forward to your expertise on the matter after I make my post about it.

Comment

Hi there,

I am new here. I work on machines in Belgium.

I am on here to check if I can learn something on repairing drives and prints.

I am looking forward to learn from your expertise.

Kind Regards,

Vanpoucke

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi Guys
                                      my name is Alex im 23yo and i live in Slovakia (eastern europe).
                                      I studied IT and electronics as my high school and i have some (not much) experience with electronics but i wasnt repairing more complex boards and devices and it was something i always wanted to learn.

I have two laptops at home, one is Lenovo Legion 5 and Acer Nitro 5 and good old rusty desktop with 12years on the clock but it is working still fine - kept usable and snappy by a magic of ssd

Have a nice day and i hope i will learn something by being active in this forum.

Comment

Hello there fellow techs!

Comment

Hello all!

Comment

Working...
                                          X