• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone, I'm from England!

Comment

Hello.
      It's your first time signing up. I have been repairing computers for more than 20 years. But with the advancement of technology, we are continuing to learn new things. I joined here because I wanted to interact a lot. ^^;

Comment

Hello, I am sambal. My interest is general electronics. I was watching a repair video on YouTube where Badcaps Forum was referred to as "probably the largest repair forum on the internet". I tried to look at the threads for interesting repairs and found out that to be able to look at attachments I need to make an account. So here I am 😆

Comment

Guys I need Help Please! I am looking at a Lenovo 80T7 I have no idea how this happed. I think I used bitlocker and activated a password. Now I am unable to even select a boot device or enter bios. it starts up and goes direct to "System Password" after three attempts it just shows to shut down and try again. It does not give any other error code to check up on. I have a bin file but need guides how to boot and have it run from start up from sub. I tried holding Fn+R can anyone please help?

I am Mckenzie South Africa
          Thank you in advance

Comment

After fixing a receiver that seemed completely dead I've now gotten into electronic repair and am tackling a JBL PB12 subwoofer. : - )

Comment

Hi everyone
              I discovered this forum "ages" ago, when motherboards had bad caps
              I would consider myself with decent soldering skills, intermediate electronic knowledge.
              Alredy repaired some harddisks with overvoltage damage, one Synology NAS, swapped 3 damaged USB-C Sockets from Lenovo Laptops.
              Next in line is a DELL XPS 13 9360 with a real USB-C error not caused by the Socket itself.

Comment

Hi, getting back into electronics after 30+ years of IT profession, I was introduced to this forum by @LearnElectronicsRepair. Hopefully I can post some questions and get some answers. Read some questions and give some answers too.

Comment

Hi, I'm Peter from Reutlingen, Germany. I've got a little experience in IT administration and really like to get defective hardware back up running .

Comment

Hi, this is Alex from Monterrey, Mexico.

I'm an electronics engineer. PCB design bakground. Cadence suite is my favorite. My proffesional path has slightly gotten apart the PCB design topics but still on touch with electronics taks. I'm currently a Light Engines designer with versatile ineterests including economics and social matters.

I stumbled into this forum as per recommandation of Paul Daniel's web page (https://pldaniels.com/flexbv5/), which in turn, was recommanded by Louis Rossmann in youtube (https://www.youtube.com/@rossmanngroup).

I'm very into recycle culture and I strongly disagree with the dispossable culture. Though, I have this illness called "I like apple's products", which I suffer and hate myself for having it. Pray for me to stop liking apple's products.

Main reason for me to join this forum is that I'm trying to fix my girlfriend's computer, so, wish me luck.

Sincerly yours.
                    alex_stp

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                      As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                      So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                      where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                      Hello

Comment

Hi All

Im Christo from South Africa and new here.

May all have a blessed day.

Regards

Christo

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi thanks for leting me in ,im edgar from portugal,.
                            Im just an enthusiast who likes to repair stuff.
                            I have some basic knowledge on electronics and fixed some tvs myself.
                            Im want to know more and get the hands on more challenging repair.
                            And sorry if i have some mistakes on english...😁

Comment

Hi everyone, let me introduce myself my name is Luigi, I am passionate about software and hardware, I joined your forum to help other members who have problems and also receive help if I i need it
                              Thanks, have a good day

Comment

Hi, my name is Imran Hameed and I am trying to save the environment by fixing my own computers at home. I am an electrical engineer by education but have been in finance all my adult life and slowly transitioning back to my first love of all things electrical and mechanical. But my knowledge is very 1980s which is when I was last in learning so my knowledge of embedded controllers, and flash programmers like Vertyanovs or RT809Fs are very limited. So my questions generally will be very basic till I pick up the skills. But, I am a fast learner if the lingo is kept basic (ie I don't YET know what JTAGs are). I have come to this forum as arecommendation from a UK based YouTuber whose name I currently forget but am nevertheless grateful to for mentioning you guys. The only other hardware related forums I have been in before is Toms Hardware. Looking forward to help from this family.

Imran

Comment

Hi! My name is Codrut and I am a Romanian now living in Switzerland. I am an enthusiast trying to learn how to fix laptops

Comment

Hi everyone
                                    i'm sahraoui1 electronicien Thanks, have a good day

Comment

Hello,

My business here is to gain a greater understanding of component level repair.

Thank you all in advance!

Jack.

Comment

hi new member

Comment

Hi,
                                          My name is Chris. I go by Zippie online. DIY enthusiast. Upgrading computers, repairing TVs and electronics as needed personally or for friends.

Comment

Working...
                                          X