This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Greetings from Tattooine. I come as a Jedi of board repair and diagnostics. Repairing just about anything with solder on the board, I've stumbled across a pet project laptop. Over half the links I find relevant my project or containing stuff I want in my upstairs encyclopedia, tend to lead here. As Saul says in Ocean's 13, "All roads lead to the Midas!".

Comment

Im New and need knowledge,
      Im hoping for help

I will bless all who help me with my Bios issues

Comment

Googling a fix for a brokend old LG TV backlight showed me this forum and I was immediately hooked.
        Electronics and repairs is just a hobby for me, I don't have any formal edication in the field. This means I may be having some quite surprising "eureka moments" during my conversations - and also repairs. Been more in guitar stuff - tube amps and effects - mostly, but often I'm required to repair other stuff, so this forum is golden for me. Also, I've been always very fond of caps, seeing those bulky reservoirs of power under the hood or through the vents of the device. Sometimes overdoing it in pairing ElAls with film caps ... My linear regulator of choice is MIC29502; combining low dropout, high current capability and stability is my go-to IC for most power demands in linear realm. Quite long ago I bought a batch of them, made a proprietary mini PCB and it really serves me great.

Comment

David is my name, from New Zealand, collect and repair old 8 bit pc's.. SVI (spectravideo), MSX, Colecovision, bondwell, kaypro etc... and just started an Adam (coleco) i did have my own PC shop for over 18 years that i shut down about 4 1/2-5 years ago..

Comment

Hi, im a dutch electrical engineering student.
            I found this site on youtube, and im searching for schematics

Comment

Hi!

Comment

ciao

sono marco e vengo dall' italia

spero di poter contribuire alla crescita di questo forum

sono un tecnico smartphone e sto cercando di apprendere nuove skills riparando notebook.

Spero di riuscirci

Grazie a tutti

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                  Trying to repair my wife’s 2017 iMac that at first I thought had a bad power supply. Found this site while searching for a schematic for the logic board as I get further into the troubleshooting. This is definitely a stretch of my skills, but let’s see where it goes!

Comment

That a shame, i really forget to post here..

Hello i love computer and bios files ! Love to work on bios even all the night ^^

thanks for all on this forum

Comment

Hello everyone, I am very interested in repairing computers. Let's share our knowledge together.

Comment

Hello guys, I'm kind of new guy into tech and everything, and this forum has been of so much help so far, glad I'm a part of this!

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hey guys! Nice to meet ya all. I've been fixing electronics for a couple of years mostly like a hobby not professionally but still I've made quite some progress. Glad I've found this amazing website!

Comment

Hi all, just now getting into board work after doing lots of assembly swaps (e.g. screens, batteries, keyboards, etc.)

I'm looking forward to doing more involved repair work!

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm an electronics graduate, after I graduate I work as sales staff in a computer company, since working I never had time to practice how to repair electronics devices, years passed I decided to resign & enroll in actual repairing, I started repairing laptops 3 months ago, im still in process of learning until now, through searching I read about Badcaps & that is why I subscribe, I want to be like you guys, to be a good, a better technician, Please I need you help guys & thank you in advance , & thank you to you admin for letting me in, god bless all.

Comment

Hello everyone from philippines here

Comment

Hello from the land of Dracula (Romania)!

Comment

Hello. Doing this for statistics, I guess.

Comment

Hello form Poland!!!

Comment

Hey all, found this place starting my first recap on an old Abit slot 1 MB

Comment

Working...
                                          X