• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello , i will welcome myself thanks

Comment

Hey everyone.

Sully here looking to fix a few older motherboards and my search lead me here, initially I signed up to see the photos of the ECS 661FX& 661FX's and I might look up another one or two considering the wealth of info here, my experience goes from putting moms cigarette foil on my vic 20 barrel fuses when I was seven and soldering stuff like ps2 mods and some automotive electrical work but nothing too serious over here.

Comment

Hello everybody,
        I'm retired now and was most recently a project manager/superintendent on new hotel construction in Oregon and Washington state.
        I was interested in joining this forum because I like to build and repair my own computers and this site seems to be a very good place for help and helping others. But I have more questions than answers.
        My 1st computer was the Apple II in 1980 which came with the external Disk II drive (5.25-inch, 140 KB floppy disk) and audio cassettes for storage. I still have several of those early computers sitting around here somewhere. And they still work. Things have certainly changed since then.
        Thanks for the add.

Comment

Hello!
          My name is Algis, I am a 40 years old land surveyor from Riga, Latvia, yes there is such a country in Europe I have been interested in electronics since childhood. I repair computers as a hobby, I would like to read the opinions and advice of professionals here. Thank you for being there!

Comment

My name is Ben. I'm 38. I've been repairing computers as a hobby since 2001. I don't have any educational credentials due to personal matters getting in the way but I'm looking forward to getting those credentials and starting repairs on gaming consoles, laptops, maybe also someday phone repairs.

I can do upgrades just fine. I'm kind of nervous around forensic data recovery but I can back peoples files up just fine. I'm very nervous about doing board level electronics repairs not that my soldering skills aren't up to snuff its just that I'm concerned about liability issues if I cause more damage to a customers computer.

I'm planning on staying in this career for the rest of my life or as humanly possible before my body quits.

Comment

Hi all. new here.

Comment

Hi to all members, I recommend totally this forum for repairing matters. Good day

Comment

Hi I'm ratpog! Just looking for insight on power supply repair. Mech Eng through education and practice.

Comment

Hello guys, awesome work you do here

Comment

Hi guys, what an awesome community <3

Comment

Hi, I'm an idiot from the S/E US who has an Atten ST-862D, radioshack flux, and too much time on their hands.

I'm currently working on a cursed XPS that has had most of its parts replaced, essentially becoming an XPS 9550, from originally being a 7590. I'm a surplus person, so it went on the back burner until a found some broken surplus XPSes recently, but its current iteration has some issues.

You'll probably hear about that anyway.

Comment

Hi everyone

Comment

Hi, I'm just a sysadmin who fixes electronics as a hobby. I'm not an expert and hope to find valuable information in this forum.

Comment

hello guys
                              i'm form Italy
                              I hope to help all forum members

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm from Germany.
                                I hope to have a great time here. :-)

Comment

Hi Everyone, just a guy that loves repairing stuff.
                                  Have a nice day!

Comment

Hi Im steve from the uk and i carry out remapping, diagnostics and general electronic repairs

Comment

Hi, new to bad caps...

Comment

Hola, soy Andres de Colombia y realizo, diagnósticos y reparaciones electrónicas en general, me gusta el proceso de reparar una laptop y ver como enciende soy feliz así.
                                        Last edited by mundoinnova; 01-11-2023, 11:11 AM. Reason: errro

Comment

Hi all,
                                          hello from Geert, my dayjob (SAP Consultancy) pays the bills but the heart beats for my long term passion (and education) : Electronics, which I unfortunately rediscovered only way too late in my life again.

I hope to learn a lot here and maybe be help other (re)beginners like me some day.

Groetjes uit België.

Comment

Working...
                                          X