This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Merry X mas n Happy New Year 2023 to ALL!!

Comment

Hi, thanks

Comment

Hi Everyone, I' new here. Been an electronics hobbyist for some time now playing mostly with Arduinos and ESP's, writing some code and building some small electronics projects. So I thought I'd get into some repairs (for myself only) and see what I can learn.

Comment

Hi, glad to be part of this amazing community

Comment

Hello,
            New member Robert here located in CT, USA
            Fiddling around with the BIOS on a HP EliteDesk motherboard has led me to your wonderful forum!

Comment

Hi everyone,

New member here from Europe - Romania, looking forward to learn something new and help myself when needed.
              Glad to be part of this great community.

Happy holidays!

Comment

Hello, I only want to say thank you to all members, this kind of forum is really helpful to all of us, share all kind of information about repairing, thank you.

Comment

Hello

My name is Sasha and i,m from Norway.
                  I wish to all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

b/r Sasha

Comment

Thanks, y'all. You've already helped with my first board issue.

Comment

Hello all! This seems like a great place to jump further into learning electronics troubleshooting. I have been doing it for years but always love learning more from others and helping where I can!

Comment

Olá a todos.

Venho me apresentar. Me chamo Raphael e estou aqui para somar com o time, ajudando a tirar dúvidas e solucionar problemas, compartilhar arquivos, etc.

Espero que seja uma eterna parceria.

Comment

hello all, I guess I failed to follow instructions. TLDR lol. so Hi

Comment

The dreaded previous owner fails to remove Apple device from "Find my" service drew me to this badcaps . net forum. What is strange in my case is that the previous own adamantly insists that the computer has been removed from Apple's system yet it still shows "Activation lock". Unfortunate. Another post on this forum states that Apple has this system in place as much to discourage the selling and buying of their used computers as for "security" if not more. This system does feel very like monopolistic control of ALL devices, right-t0-repair be damned.
                            edit: link to above "used" quote: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...1&postcount=53

-Diable
                            Last edited by Diable; 12-28-2022, 05:26 PM. Reason: add link to quote

Comment

Just a quick post to introduce myself. I came here looking to find a cap list for a Zenith CD15MNTC1 monitor. I'm sure I'll find lots of other great stuff while I'm here.

Heather

Comment

Hello

My name is Naijiw and i,m from Thailand.
                                Happy New Year .

Comment

Whats up everyone!

Joined to learn enough to troubleshoot an HP Omen 15Z-EN100 that completely died out of the blue (just after 1yr warranty coverage). Pretty embarassing for a major company to have awful customer service on a high end gaming system and to let this kind of manufacturing error happen.

Looking forward to reading a lot and buying some new tools to investigate, diagnose, and repair this POS fried board lol.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello!! I'm happy to join the badcaps.net forum. Good luck to all participants of the forum!

Comment

Just a quick post to say, Hi! I came to this forum looking for information to repair a treadmill so haven't hadm uch time for a poke around elsewhere yet

Comment

Hello!! I'm repair amateur

Comment

I got my start back in the late '80s/early '90s when you could take apart dead equipment and pull reusable components to play with. Don't like giving up on stuff, so I will tend to try and repair, though gotta admit it's more annoying now that there are almost no in-person electronic shops to get that one component and instead you have to put it on the list for the next order. Also annoying is the secretive nature of companies now. Grouch mode off - plus side is the proliferation of easy to use programmable logic. Combinatoral circuits were cool, but you can do amazing things with an Arduino or similar that you just couldn't practically do before.

Comment

Working...
                                          X