• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello i'm new here, nice to meet you all

Comment

Hi I'm ady from London , I found this site from watching the excellent Learn Electronis Repair videos on YouTube

Comment

Hello! I am seeking knowledge in informatics, because I like to do things by myself! I live in Bordeaux but I'm traveling all the year!

Comment

Hello Guys, Its Brecht from Belgium. I am new to this forum and it seems like a very useful forum to be joining. I look forward to provide some technical insights where possible and ask technical questions and a lot of learning. Keep up the good work!!

Comment

Hi there, I joined the forum in my quest to repair older Thinkpads that are cheap to acquire but sometimes have minor faults. I absolutely love Thinkpads.
            That is all.

Comment

hai kawan, saya adalah GCL, seorang teknisi laptop dari Indonesia, mohon bimbingannya dan salam kenal

Comment

Originally posted by gcl View Post
                hai kawan, saya adalah GCL, seorang teknisi laptop dari Indonesia, mohon bimbingannya dan salam kenal
                hi friends, I'm GCL, a laptop technician from Indonesia, please guide me and nice to meet you

Comment

Welcome! I hope I have fun here in this forum.

Comment

Hi craf France herefore different laptops troubles.
                    Thanks all for this forum

Comment

my real Name is Ehsan, i spend my entire childhood with a computer and then i graduated with master degree in computer engineering, hardware architecture, i have background in electronics and power electronic and my Bachelor degree was in electronic engineering, i worked in variety of Industries from ISPs to producers and manufactures both as employee and contractor with titles of IT manager, chief engineer and R&D manager.
                      my hobby was reverse engineering both in hardware and software, i was very happy to be a hacker and cracker in the past my fake name was G0nd4l0f, indeed after years of doing this wrong activity of cracking software and hacking networks, i realized that i can be a good designer instead of a hacker and then i studied more about secure and fault tolerant systems and i changed my career to R&D but i still do reverse engineering to learn, but not to destruct
                      whenever i faced new problem i do search and search and research, most of the time i have answers from other people work and effort and rarely i found myself alone
                      Thank to google and my own search habits, i found you guys, great forum to learn and great people to talk

Comment

Hi, I am pluv.

Comment

Hello guys!
                          I am a 63 year old senior from Romania and I am very happy that I found this forum. I hope to be of help to you and why not get the help I need. Good health to you all!

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                            as this is a brand new forum, i thought i'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. Now hey.. Let's not get too personal.. Ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. Even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So i'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and i'm a forum junkie. :oops: i've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times i've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. Especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But i love to share the info and knowledge i have, so that's why i'm here, to share and learn.

My formal education is that of an electronic engineer and i held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. That job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                            So needless to say (but i will) i've always tinkered with things.. Yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. Hacking fixes in whatever i find that breaks.. (except for cars, i have friends for that) i got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg hd,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. Man was i cool back then.. :roll: Nevermind..

So these days, i'm forced to be a software guy as well.. As i fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling os's.. Yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: So as a result, i keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. And trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

Now i found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                            where i've been hanging out lately.. It's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. Mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and i recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. And i said "w00t.. They have a forum"..

And so now.. You're stuck with me :p

so what's your story ? Come on.. Give it up..
                            hello friends me vikram from global solutions india

Comment

Hello all!

Finally getting into BIOS dumping/editing/unlocks!

Comment

I am learning how to fix electronics...usually monitors and tv's. So far I know how to replace but caps. Beyond that I am rookie.

Comment

Hello All,
                                  I'm a guy who will try to fix almost anything. I was trained as a tech back in the 80's and worked in the private telephone industry for over 20 years. I have built quite a bit of test equipment and a few power supplies. So far I really like this forum and am happy to be a part of it.

Comment

Hi everyone! It’s great to see this forum still being used. I grew up much like a lot of people here, pulling computers a part, seeing what makes them work, what doesn’t, etc. I am not doing that as much as I would like to anymore but I am always interested in scoring something for free/cheap just because something small is wrong with it.

Comment

hello im garry from philippines,i found this site in searching for my acer laptop bios, found it here. thank you very much!

Comment

Hola a todos los integrantes del grupo, soy un miembro nuevo, con conocimientos en PC y reparacion, llegue aqui buscando informacion de fuentes de poder y como encenderlas con el pin out, ya que soy tecnico de diagnostico, y en las diferentes marcas de PC, la configuracion de encendido de PSU es diferente, espero aprender mucho de su experiencia, y asi adentrarme mas al mundo de la electronica y reparacion a nivel componente, muchas gracias, Saludos desde Reynosa, Tams. Mexico

Comment

Hello all,
                                          I am new to this forum

Comment

Working...
                                          X