X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,

I'm glad I found badcaps.net as I'm trying to bring my wife's Dell U2711 back to life. I've been tinkering with electronics since the age of six or seven so this will be a fun challenge.

Thanks for a great forum. May your electrolytics not bulge, and may your solder joints stay bright.

All the best,
    Trystan

Comment

Hello, Trying to find info and help to repair old retro computer.

Best regards // Peter

Comment

Hello Everyone!

I'm an industrial automation engineer, professional problem solver, with electronic knowledge. I have a dead laptop that cannot made any more dead, and I want to fix it.

Regards
        Fried

Comment

Hello all,

Great forum you have here i have been reading plenty of threads regarding ATX PSU's. I find the thread amusing and very informative. I'm a hobby tech who likes repairing and modding electronic items, power supply, motherboards/logic boards and audio gear.

Glad to be here !!

Comment

Hello all,

Great forum you have here i have been reading plenty of threads regarding ATX PSU's. I find the thread amusing and very informative. I'm a hobby tech who likes repairing and modding electronic items, power supply, motherboards/logic boards and audio gear.

Glad to be here !!

Comment

Hey folks,
              I do electronics repair as a hobby, never finished a school for it. I'm mostly interested in older (20+ years) audio & video equipment, but I do other stuff like laptops too.

Comment

Hello all,
                I'm a certified electrical technician, but I work as ME engineer. Keeping the interesting for a hobby ))

Comment

Hi!
                  My first PC was an Atari 400 back in the day when to upgrade the memory we piggybacked a chip on top of the installed memory module.

I am a retired Avionics Electrical Technician and I worked on helicopters and jets for 26 years. I graduated from the US Navy's Advanced Avionics Integrated Weapons System Maintenance school and have an Associate Degree in Electronics Technology.

I found your interesting website while I was looking for schematics for an older Dell Latitude I use for Qubes OS.

I hope to glean some info while I read through the posts.

Comment

Hello all. I've been working with electronics for 28 years professionally and run a business where I repair just about anything that runs on batteries or plugs in. Time and again I find myself here to save myself a little time when troubleshooting something. It's especially nice when it's a common issue - usually points me directly to the problem instead of wasting time hunting it down. I thought it was about time that I contribute as well, as it will hopefully help others as it has helped me in the past. I'm glad to be part of this wonderful collaboration of information!

Comment

Hi everyone. I found this forum searching for a latops bios firmware. I worked in electronics at a prior time im my life - industry components, assembly, flashing, testing, troubleshooting and repairing ... Now I moved on to an other technical field with less soldering, but still enjoy fixing stuff, DIY projects and follow EEV-blog and the likes.

Comment

Great forum, keep it up.

Comment

Hi Guys, I love fixing things. but I need help with some projects, so I figured I'd join here

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm very thankful for forums like this, it's always encouraging to see people helping each other.

My earliest memory of an introduction to electronics was when I was a kid (and I'm in my sixty's now) watching my dad put together a Heath Kit single channel CB radio. I caught the bug and have had interest ever since. I'm on the hobbyist level and really get a kick out of repairing anything electronic that others have thrown out.

Most of my career was spent in the automotive industry as a technician mostly diagnosing and repairing the electronics systems used in about every automotive sub system anymore.

I'm looking forward to gleaning any bits of knowledge I can from this forum.

Thanks to all of you!

Comment

Hello everyone, I am Jeremiah from Newzealand. New to this Forum, I have some knowledge of electronics, I am more interested to learn about Laptops hardware repairs

Comment

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. I just love learning, I have a little background on repairs I'm sure you guys are kind and will be helpful.

Comment

My nome is Francesco, I fund this forum because I was looking for information about repair an LG plasma TV. I hope here someone can help! Thank you to having me here!!

Comment

Hi, I'm here to try and fix Lenovo X260.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm new here and just wanted to say hi. I work in Technology for a decent sized school district. We utilize a range of devices from Macbook Air's to Chromebooks of all different make and models.

Comment

Hello all. I am Alex, been a board tech for the past 15 years working in Europe and now in US. I am not that old but seems a lot because the first electronic board I took contact with was from a Nokia 3310.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                          X