X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello Everyone
    I'm new to the forum....obviously - I came across this site in looking for assistance with my laptop. After reading through a number of the forums I knew this was the place for me. So, once again Hello

Comment

Hello!

I'm Pau from the UK. I'm an ex Systems Engineer with 20+ years at a UK Mobile Telecoms company who now does something very different for a living.

I'm a fan of 80s and 90s tech including home computers from the era. I write this surrounded by my Atari 8 bits and Amigas. I've been fiddling with electronics and repairing stuff for as long as I can remember and in the past couple of years expanded into micro soldering, laptop and console repair as a hobby. I love to rescue and fix stuff that was otherwise headed for landfill.

I'm strictly an interested amateur and here to learn (and contribute where I can).

Comment

Hi! My name is Fredrik, born in the 90's and I am from Sweden.
        I'm not gonna go deep here. I have always been a little drawn to soldering, among a lot of other interests. This last year it has become an addiction. I started watching Northbridge fix on YouTube and been learning a great deal from him! Big shout-out to Alex! I fixed my first tv with the knowledge he provides.
        Anyway, i like to fix all kind of things myself and I'm pretty good at it. I wanna learn more about electronics repairs and i hope i can get a lot of help from the people here.

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm here to adquire more knowledge about Thinkpad bios and other bios in general. I've flashed only router firmwares so far.

Comment

Hello everyone, thanks for a great forum. Looking forward to helping out.

Comment

Hi to all just searching some odd Philips tv errors to solve
              Nice to be here 😄

Comment

Hi Everyone, I'm Josh mac from Africa and I live in Zambia. I'm new to repairing electronics with some basic skill or rather say amateur.

I have been following YouTube for a while and today when I was searching about schematics diagram I was lead here!

And I feel like I'm where am supposed to be! I want to advance in repairing and with your help I will reach my aim in this world.

I can't wait to hear from you guys, and be part of your friends list.

Thanks for your time and God bless!

Comment

Hello everybody!

Comment

HI All I am trying to get back into electronics repair. Used to do it in the 80's but with Surface mount and vlsi coming along gave it up

Comment

Hello everyone,
                      my name is Przemek from Polend and I am a hobbyst on electronics repair.

Comment

hello there,

newbie here in the forum but not woth electronics I am a strange electrician with retro-things loving.

happy to join to this forum.
                        thank you!

Comment

Hello

My name is Mikko. I found this forum from youtube and want to asks some technical guestions.

Comment

Hello, Female Computer tech from the Bahamas

Comment

Hello all.

My name is Grae and I am an IT guy by trade. Separately I do some electronics and arduino stuff as a hobby. Generally working more at digital level rather than analog, but continuing to learn.

What brings me here is I found my old Compaq Proliant 1500 P166 in the attic where it has languished for 20 years. I want to get it set up again but it won't post.

After a couple of weeks trying high level stuff I finally decided to get medieval on it and have been going to town with an oscilloscope. Have found a couple of curious waveforms that I need an experienced eye to help explain. I'll post a new thread with details once my posting restrictions are lifted.

Right now my biggest challenges are finding accurate documentation for the board, finding bios images, and having no schematics.

Comment

Hello, my name is Jose Coixao and i work at a repair shop in Viana do Castelo, Portugal. pleased to meet you all

Comment

I do stuff, usually not well, or fixable when I'm done.
                                  So it goes.
                                  :-D

Comment

Hello, new member from Chicago, looking for help with BIOS flashes for macbooks.
                                    Also have some information for motherboards if anyone needs.

Comment

Hello! my name is Alex, I'm from Ukraine, Odessa. Doing Macs and iPhone board level repairs.

Comment

Hi, my name is Pietro and i’m 24yr old and i’m from Italy
                                        I’m a beginner in electronics, and i learn a bunch of new things every day.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm Florent french guy, I repair PC for Hobby. nice to be here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X