This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello. Im Marius from Lithuania, looking for some information, want to be a technician

Comment

Hello. I'm Viktar. I bought second-handed Dell XPS 13 and want to resolder RAM chips.

Comment

Hello Mates

Comment

Hello World

Comment

Oi pessoal, sou novo aqui, espero aprender com todos!

Comment

greetings all

Comment

Hello! New member here. Looks like everyone's got some great knowledge here. EE from Pennsylvania here with some questions about GPU readings I'm getting from a card I own.

Comment

Hello, i was looking for ways to restore the UEFI BIOS of my precious Acer VN7-592G and i found this forum. Awesome.
                  In the past i played a bit too much with UEFI hacking tools, and I think my motherboard now has some EFI settings permanently altered.
                  The main problem with TPM which times to times doesn't get recognized by windows, RealSense camera doesn't work with windows too, and annoying messages relating to thermal control being overridden by BIOS.
                  I was looking for a way to reset UEFI registers to factory settings, if ever possible.

Comment

Hey everyone. I'm a Chilean Tech, and I'm glad to be part of this fantastic comunity. Hope to be helpfull and noce to meet you all

Comment

Hello all. I'm happy to be a part of this community.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                        i need to repair my Graphic Card. And hope to finde some friendly People to help me to identify a smd component that needs to be changed.
                        Thank you

Comment

Hi everyone
                          I am 26 y.o. beginner Linux administrator. Have Thinkpad x230 and like to experiment with them. Tomorrow buy used Thinkpad t470s and now try to unlock bios password on it. Hope I can do this)))

Comment

hi, I'm Valentin from the city of Veracruz, Mexico.
                            Trying to learn how to repair motherboards at a component level.
                            before I only dedicated myself to maintenance but now I want to learn more.
                            Not speak good english sorry.

Comment

saludos desde Veracruz hermano, es bueno leer que alguien mas es paisano, espero poder leernos un poco mas, mucha de esa informacion que tienes me seria de mucha ayuda, un gran saludo

Comment

Hi, I'm a software developer and micro controller device builder from New Zealand.

Comment

Hello everyone!
                                  I own a computer/electronics repair shop in Kansas. I honestly can't believe I've never found this forum before now. I'm looking forward to being part of the community. Have a great weekend!

Comment

Hello all. I am a tech at a post secondary who works on PCs, equipment setups, various instrument repairs, software installations and problem resolutions. I have met (and replaced) many a badcap over the years and finally decided to join this forum.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello! My name is Andy, I am drawn to learning component level logic board repair.

I have a knack for tinkering and shorting things out with clumsy fingers (a macbook pro in 2009 since repaired with a replacement logic board and a 2015 13" macbook air a week ago).

I am hoping to solve and repair the problems with my a1466 2015 logic board that stopped charging the battery a couple of years ago (no green light) but would run in smc bypass mode and the battery disconnected (when dead). Until, that is, that while using my multimeter and checking voltages around pp3v42_g3h, I clumsily bridged the R7610 to the D7012 diode with the red lead on my multimeter (since modified for the tiny testing surfaces on a logic board).

"Everything" seems to be operating normally until it gets to the mosfet Q7010, where I have 14.19v on pin#5 and 13.05v on pin#4 but no voltage at pin#1. I know there's other issues with the board, but I have to get the 3v42_g3h powerrail back on line first.

Comment

Hi All.
                                          Have a nice Day all.

Comment

Working...
                                          X