This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My name is Ken, and I'm a newbie here at badcaps.net. I found the site recently while researching repair options for a Polaroid TLA-04011C. I don't subscribe to forums as a general rule, but found that the posters here seem to be serious, and informed. So, I hooked up. If anybody wishes to offer any insight to my TV endeavor, I would be grateful. i am particularly interested to find out if member "ryr0909" was ever able to fix his, as he and others were working on a project just like mine. I should mention that I don't believe there are any....well; bad caps. They all pass visual exams, and rudimentary ohmeter test. Thanks. kfhaggerty@yahoo.com.
    Last edited by kfhaggerty; 05-09-2013, 06:47 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention...I really need a schematic gratis, if anyone can help...please.

Comment

Hi All, my name is Mat. I stumbled across this forum looking for help diagnosing my Plasma and found heaps of knowledge here and will probably hang around long after my TV is fixed.

Comment

Real name: Riwaj. Network admin but trying to get into electronics as a hobby. I am glad that I found this site. Great members here.

Comment

Hello All,

My name is Matt I run a PC repair shop, looking at learning more about replacing component and how to read schematics properly. Not just popped caps and re flowing chips. Lots of nice information around this site! See ya around the forums!

Comment

Thank you for letting me be a part of your interesting forum.

I would post all my diplomas here as others have but then you'd have to get up and get your magnifying glasses so I'll save you that trouble.

Actually I am an A+ Certified Computer Technician but most of my life experience has been in photography.

My hobbies are target shooting and RC helicopters. I have come here to seek knowlege concerning my 3 year old Samsung LCD TV. I will post that info in the appropriate forum as soon as I find it.

Thank You

Comment

Hi there,

I'm Ralph, living in Germany close to Cologne and found this forum due to problems with my Hanns G HG281D - looks like I'm not alone :-)

Great forum, perfect help

Comment

Hi my name is Carmen I am from Fairfield ca and I am a single mother so I try and fix things on my own as much as I can. For fun I manage and play on two softball teams and tinker with electronics to make end meat. I have a problem with a Vizio JV50PHDTV10A that would not turn on. When researching I came upon this site. If anyone has any advice please tell me,

Thanks

Comment

Hi folks,

I'm Jeroen from Holland. I repair vintage hifi systems and if necessary also non vintage as well as other electronic stuff.

I'm interested in getting more background info on electronics and it's nice to have a source on capacitor related issues.

Will be seeing you around!

Comment

Hi all,

Like some others have said here, I'm not a compulsive forum-joiner but came across this site searching the web for info on a specific monitor problem. Badcaps immediately stood out as a particularly helpful, personable and 'professional' forum.

I'm actually a psychologist who's ended up developing and writing software for computer-based testing applications but I've had a deep interest in electronics since a very early age. As a kid I built many small projects and moved on to bigger projects (still 35 years ago!) such as a colour TV (when they weren't that common) and one of the first home computers (anyone remember the Nascom?)

With me, a continued interest in the subject is combined with a stubborn reluctance to admit defeat when things go wrong

Currently my problem is a 2 seconds to black fault on a LG W2261VP monitor - I soon got to the point of deciding on another project I spotted on an Australian site: to build an inexpensive ESR meter!

Well, that's my intro. I'll post my specific problem as soon as I have the images sorted & would be very grateful for any advice.

Pete

Comment

Hi Folks. I stumbled across this site several years ago trying to figure my computer mobo problems. Computers would not boot or POST, etc. It sure helped when troubleshooting the problems. Open the case and look at the mobo or power supply and there all those straggly bastages....leaking.
                      All were due to 'bad caps." Now I'm back trying to fix an old vizio 26" lcd tv.
                      Wish me luck. Looks like caps on the power supply board. Sure is a lot of good info here. Thanks, Robert

Comment

Hello All'

I'm Larry from the Dallas, Texas area. I'm a master electrician that previously served the Dallas area in control work and AC/DC speed drive repair, for the last 13 years work as tech support for a large mass transit agency. I do not consider myself on par with any of you but I'm not afraid to dig into something to see what I can learn and repair. A wise man that got me into contorl work once told me "Don't worry about it, it was already broken before you got your hands on it".

I do appreciate you adding me and the welcome from Topcat, with just a few clicks of the mouse I feel I have learned a ton already on your site and will try to put it to good use!

Comment

Hi all, just joined. Hope to learn from you guys and giveback what I absorb.
                          Good day

Comment

Hello! I'm Stefan from Romania.
                            Thank You.

Comment

Hi, I'm Daize from Australia. Hello!

A great looking forum, but as usual the annoying vBulletin inability to view attached images without an account. Just to rub salt in the wound the admins ban and insult users of a certain generic account website (you know which one). I'll pretend to just ignore that.

Fortunately I have a couple of questions about things anyways so I made an account!

Comment

Hi, my name is Mike, obviously.
                                I was taking electronics in high school when Nixon was in his first term as President. I went on to a tech school called UEI, that was eventually gobbled up by a school that starts with a D. I tried working in the factory environment, it wasn't for me, so I chose TV repair, not a path for a money lover.
                                As the TV repair industry, declined my boss decided to branch out to full service vending, also. I repair changers, bill acceptors, monitors and still do component level repairs. Now days, I occasionally work on TVs, too.
                                I bought my daughter a Commodore 64, around 1989, but I didn't personally get involved with computers until 1994. It was a 66 MHz, 1 meg ram system with a 420 meg hard drive. Who would ever need anything larger than that? Now it's 5 drives, totaling 4.5 TB and three operating systems.
                                I stumbled on this site searching for info on a plasma TV. It's a great resource, especially if you're working on something that you may never see the same model again.
                                Thanks for a great site, Mike

Comment

Hello all, I am an amateur repair man. I have little knowledge in electronics.
                                  Hope you can all bear with me.

Comment

Hallooo starts with an a LOL

Comment

hi guys i'm ricky. im a computer technician wanting to share and learn more idea knowledge.

god bless.

Comment

Hello all. My name is Wayne and I am a DIY repair nut. I hate sending things to the landfill. As a rule I do not join anything, but after reading many posts on this forum, I decided to join. What a great source of knowledge.

Comment

Hi my name is Tom from Sydney Australia , im a heavy vechicle mechanic with a keen interest in repairing anything that i can. I recently picked up a samgsung plasma ps50a410c1dxxy that was thrown out ,it looks a little beauty and i cant afford one so I picked it up. It has a blown fuse and I pulled it out and was going to buy a replacement but I have put it down somwhere and cant find it so i got on google hoping to find a site that might know what fuse it is and found this amazing place so here I am hopeing that I might find the answers here . also thanks to Tomcat for the wellcome I couldnt see where to reply directly to you Tomcat so hope this is ok,

Comment

Working...
                                          X