This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi guys I'm new to this and I need your help. I'm from Russia and I'm very glad to have found this forum! my name is Vladimir and I live in the city of Krasnodar

Comment

Hello everyone. Not a robot and from the US doing computer repair and recovering borked BIOS every month or two

Comment

I'm glad I was allowed join the forum. I have a BSEE and have been involved in repair of electronic equipment of various types for more than 40 years. My current interests are associated with audio equipment repair and I look forward to learning from and contributing to the forums that deal with this subject.

Comment

hola muchachos saludos para todos espero poder conseguir informacion de esa que siempre es dificil encontrar parace que aqui hau de la buena.

Comment

hello and happy to be accepted to join the forum, looking to find a solution to a problem i have and hope the community here can help me out.

Comment

hello)

Comment

Hello BadCapses! I am using your forum for sooo long and i must admit that it is the greatest job ever done. THANK YOU! In personal, i am repairing PC's for like 25 yrs. There were no "commodores" in my country as they were fodbidden for import those years, but 8bit IBM clones were just fine to repair, unlike those 64bit "calculators" they are selling these days!

Comment

Originally posted by Laptex555 View Post
                  Big Hello from the UK...

I'm Chris interested in electronics repair and computer technology. I've been a technician for the past 15 years now, doesn't time fly when your having FUN!!

Great to be a new member of Badcaps, thanks for accepting me.
                  Welcome to the forum Chris! I really hope you enjoy it and post some insights on different topics. We all want to hear from you!

Comment

Originally posted by Runlinc View Post
                    Hi to everyone, retired mech engineer, body slowing down, mind speeding up.
                    Learn so much looking through posts, but still haven't found what I'm looking for, mmm might make a good song out of that.
                    Good to have you here with us! I can say for a fact that you can you can learn a lot by reading some of the posts on this forum.

Comment

Hi,

I decided to join your forums. To learn more about flashing editingg and rebuilding corrupted BIOSes

Comment

Hi,

just wanted to check in and get some help identifying a replacement cap for a an old DELL motherboard.

Comment

Well Hi!

Comment

Hello.

Comment

Hi Fellas My handle is chromecut because I like shiny, sharp deadly things
                              but I like building, creating, repairing but mostly moddifying just about anything that has practical value to me at the moment
                              I have this unique skill wear I can improve the function of something or combine it with other things into a form not thought of before
                              At the moment my obsession is making an alienware aurora R7 function with 9th gen CPU support and moddifying its proprietary case for an upgraded multi-tiered liquid AND fan cooling idea Im fleshing out
                              This place has been missing from my life for the last 10 years and now I found it-my hacking days started back in the 80s-(Im Gen X) with renting,copying/cracking commodore 64 games on to moped mod (hooking up the tail end of a honda aero 50cc-(freeway rated) to my surface streets only 20cc honda spree-stealth cable modems, satellite freeTV, fake concert tickets and backstage passes I did some wild stuff back then but I always helped people and friends solve problems of all types along my journey
                              as Problem Solving is my main God given gift
                              I am hoping for some help, to learn and to be able to contribute in my own special way

This forum has much information and a lot to offer
                              Ken
                              I better get started

Comment

Hi to everyone!!! Thank you Admin!

Comment

Hello everyone.

Comment

My name is Ted; I used to write sw for a living; i play with hw; I'm semi-retired.

I've got an itch: my 10-year old LC tv crashed and as I'm both cheap and curious
                                    I want to see if I can fix it.

The first problem is that it shows no image at all and blinks it's POWER and OPC
                                    lights with what is clearly a diagnostic code.
                                    The set is a Sharp LC-C5277UN flat panel.
                                    Turn on the set, then nothing but "POWER" green light,
                                    then diagnosic sequence which repeats.
                                    The diagnostic sequence is
                                    "POWER+OPC, POWER+OPC, OPC, OPC, OPC"

Anyone have ideas? thanks!

Comment

P.S.: Live in Houston now; was in Massachusetts before.

Comment

Bad cap vow here I come! I'm just here to find out how to fix my UPS! Not much to tell you guys about!

Comment

Hi!

New member here, just saying hi! Cool site. I am helping someone out with their computer problems and found this site which I can see how useful it will be

Comment

Working...
                                          X