Samsung UE49KS7000SXXH - No standby light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE49KS7000SXXH - No standby light

Thanks for replying B0r1s! I'll try this as well and see if it is a common thing for this TV.
    As nomoresonys said it would've been better if you posted your solution immediately, but nevertheless thanks for replying so quickly.

I'll report back if the same fix works for me

Comment

Re: Samsung UE49KS7000SXXH - No standby light

Yes, you are right, sorry about that.. Thing is that after first failed attempt, i got discouraged, and leaved the tv unfixed. And after half a year i got interested to try again, and after some more research on youtube i fixed it. After half a year i forgot about this forum. Only after i got email that OTwisk was asking me something here few days ago i remembered.
      Sorry again.

Comment

Hello!

I'm new on the forum but wanted to say thanks to the ones involved in this thread and also share my experience and references for this repair.

I encountered the exact same problem as B0r1s with the Samsung UE49KS7500U, the power board reference was BN44-00878A.

After testing with a mutlimeter, there was a side of the rectifier that was shorted. There was only one diode faulty, but I replaced the two that were in parallel by SB550 diodes that I found online.
        I also added solder to the pads that connect the transformer to the power board, as advised previously.

The TV works for now, I'll update if it ever stops working.

Thanks a lot! This repair costed 7€, thanks to you, our TV works again.

Comment

Always good to hear from people fixing their stuff! Myy repair is scheduled now for later this month (repaircafe) but in the meantime I have encountered a different samsung TV from about the same time (2017) also with a broken solder joint on the transformer. Seems like it's a more common design defect.

Comment

Working...
          X