• Diah
    replied
    Re: LG OLED 65EG9600 no picture

Originally posted by Daveleone View Post
    1)
    - Removed jumpers
    - Plugged P201 back into main board and both LVDS cables back into t-con
    a)
    - Inserted USB mouse in USB1, and USB stick w/mpeg video in USB2.
    - Plugged in TV.
    - Moved mouse, clicked buttons.
    - No change (still got sound and no picture)

- Unplugged TV.
    - Plugged TV in again.
    - Heard relay click twice.
    - TV did not power up.

Now, every time I plug in the TV the relay doesn't even click.
    - I have 3.5v on 3.5V pins, but do not have 12V or 24V anywhere.
    - No red light on optical port
    - No sound
    - If I press power button on the TV, it has no effect.
    - If I press power button on the remote, the LG logo starts flashing on-off over and over.
    which sound you are hearing ????

remove the mouse and usb stick. keep it out from wall socket 10 minutes and more then plug it in wall tell the result.

Leave a comment:

• Daveleone
    replied

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    1- bring all sockets and cable as original in place ( No more jumpers )
    a- insert usb 2 mouse at any usb ports and another usb stick with media content movie with mpeg format ( put all then turn on the set.. remove the mouse left and right or clicking the right ot left bottom of the mouse check the screen. if didn't waked up with this... try again once more if not. then
    1)
    - Removed jumpers
    - Plugged P201 back into main board and both LVDS cables back into t-con
    a)
    - Inserted USB mouse in USB1, and USB stick w/mpeg video in USB2.
    - Plugged in TV.
    - Moved mouse, clicked buttons.
    - No change (still got sound and no picture)

- Unplugged TV.
    - Plugged TV in again.
    - Heard relay click twice.
    - TV did not power up.

Now, every time I plug in the TV the relay doesn't even click.
    - I have 3.5v on 3.5V pins, but do not have 12V or 24V anywhere.
    - No red light on optical port
    - No sound
    - If I press power button on the TV, it has no effect.
    - If I press power button on the remote, the LG logo starts flashing on-off over and over.

Leave a comment:

• Diah
    replied

Originally posted by Daveleone View Post
    2 & 3)
    - I first inspected and cleaned all the ribbon cables (left & right side of t-con, and all 4 ribbons from t-con to panel).
    - I did not notice anything damaged or dirty.
    - I tested the set after cleaning just to be sure. No change (still get sound and no picture).

1 & 4)
    - I disconnected main board from socket 201 on powerboard and both LVDS cables from T-CON.
    - I jumpered P_ON, 12VT_ON, and DRV_ON to 3.5V. Confirmed jumpers good using continuity test from pin to pin on the power board.
    - I plugged the TV in.
    - Heard relay click on.
    - Tested voltage and confirmed that there is 12v & 24v at P201, 12v at P202, and 24v at P203.
    - Still no picture. (and obviously, no sound, since the mainboard is disconnected.
    yours T-CON at sleeping.. its firmware didn't start at all. so you need to wake it up via:

1- we let the mainboards waked up the t-con up by after you bring all sockets and cable as original in place ( No more jumpers )

a- insert air mouse or usb 2 mouse at any usb ports and another usb stick with media content suyh movie with mpeg format ( put all then turn on the set.. remove the mouse left and right or clicking the right ot left bottom of the mouse check the screen. if didn't waked up with this... try again once more if not. then do ( b )

b- while the set on need to send IN_STOP command followed with 4 digital code 0 4 1 3 then set will go to stand by then plug it from wall socket leave it out from wall for more than 10 minutes then plug it in.. it should start with first install screen

In_STOP can be send with LG Service remote control or diy one i did explain it at this threat and this threat too

Leave a comment:

• Daveleone
    replied

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    1- disconnect the mainboards
    2- ribbon cable inspect the pins contact clean them and put it back
    3- inspect & clean the 4 ribbon cable between T-CON and panel module
    4- make 3 jumpers ( testing the T-CON and panel module as stand alone)
    plug the set in wall socket and watch what you will have on the screen
    2 & 3)
    - I first inspected and cleaned all the ribbon cables (left & right side of t-con, and all 4 ribbons from t-con to panel).
    - Did not notice anything damaged or dirty.
    - Plugged in the TV after cleaning just to test.
    - No change (still get sound and no picture).

1 & 4)
    - Disconnected main board from socket 201 on powerboard and both LVDS cables from T-CON.
    - Jumpered P_ON, 12VT_ON, and DRV_ON to 3.5V. Confirmed jumpers good using continuity test from pin to pin on the power board.
    - Plugged the TV in.
    - Heard relay click on.
    - Tested voltage and confirmed that there is 12v & 24v at P201, 12v at P202, and 24v at P203.
    - Still no picture. (and obviously, no sound, since the mainboard is disconnected)
    Last edited by Daveleone; 02-06-2021, 04:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Diah
    replied

all voltage are fine. yours mainboards fine too from yours description of the signs you have on it.
    do the following exactly one after other.
    1- disconnect the mainboards totally from powerboards ( plug out the socket 201 from mainboards side) and the 2 LVDS which goes to T-CON ( plug them from T-CON side )

2- you have ribbon cable jumper connected at the T-CON from left to right side.. get it out and inspect the pins contact clean them and put it back )

3- same way inspect & clean the 4 ribbon cable between T-CON and panel module

4- on the socket 201 at the powerboards you need to make 3 jumpers ( testing the T-CON and panel module as stand alone) all three must remain in place at the test.
    A- 3.5V --- P_ON ( you will have at the same socket 12 & 24V )
    B- 3.5V --- 12VT_ON ( you will have 12V at P202 & T-CON 12V )
    C- 3.5V --- DRV_ON ( you will have 24V at P203 & T-CON 24V )

plug the set in wall socket and watch what you will have on the screen show me over here.... give it time to remark any change could happened on the screen.

Leave a comment:

• Daveleone
    started a topic LG OLED 65EG9600 no picture

LG OLED 65EG9600 no picture

Someone gave me a 65EG9600. When I received it, the set would power on and provide a picture, but on the right half of the screen approx every 1/2 second the picture would flicker with a horizontal distortion. I put the TV in my garage to work on when I had time, where it sat for about 6 months. I recently brought it inside to begin working on it, and now the TV will turn on, but no picture.

I DO get:
    - red light on the optical output.
    - sound (static on TV input).
    - ethernet (plugged in a network cable and confirmed that the TV got DHCP from my router, and I could even successfully ping the TV's IP address).
    - correct voltages on P201, P202, P203 (see below), when the set is powered on, I think (not sure about ACD and DRV_ON?).
    - correct voltages on both sides of F1 (24v) & F3 (12v).

And I hear the T-con making some noises when the TV is powered on. I would suspect T-Con failure based on half of the screen having a problem before, and based on the fact that all of the correct voltages exist and the main board sound, ethernet, power-on circuits all working properly. BUT, I've read several other posts on this site where people had similar half screen problems and the problem still ended up being the main board.

1) Are ACD and DRV_ON voltages as expected?
    2) Is there an F2 I'm missing somewhere on the T-Con?
    3) Need help to determine if the problem is the main board or the t-con (or maybe even the panel?)

Thanks!
    --Dave

Measurements
    P201
    GND 0 | GND 0
    24VS 24v | 24VS 24v
    24VS 24v | 24VS 24v
    GND 0 | 12VT_ON 3.5v
    12VM 12v | GND 0
    12VM 12v | 12VM 12v
    12VM 12v | 12VM 12v
    GND 0 | GND 0
    3.5V 3.5v | 3.5V 3.5v
    3.5V 3.5v | GND 0
    DPC 0 | ACD 3.3v
    P_ON 3.3v | DRV_ON 3.0v

P202
    1 (GND): 0
    2 (N/C): N/C
    3-8 (12VT): 12v
    9-14 (GND): 0

P203
    1-7 (GND): 0
    8-15 (24VD): 24v

F1: 24v
    F3: 12v
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Daveleone; 02-06-2021, 11:48 AM.
Working...
X