Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN55MU6290 - No Power, No Standby Light

Originally posted by brucetv View Post
    Turn the tv off and unplug one ribbon cable from the main board to the panel and turn it on and see if it stays on without turning on and off in a boot loop. If it does stay on turn the tv off. Wait about 5 minutes and then hook that cable up and unhook the other ribbon cable to the panel. Turn it on. If it boot loops then you have a short in the lower driver board on that side of the panel. A common fault on both the 55" and 65" MU models. This is a tedious repair involving a capacitor or two on that driver board that are in parallel so it takes a lot of time to find it. This is the result of Samsung's attempt to eliminate the tcon board to save money and allows a surge to take out these tiny caps instead of a tcon board. We are seeing this so often now we just refuse the repair due to the bench time involved in doing it right. And now Samsung's Display has announce they will no longer manufacture panel's for Samsung and sent Samsung begging back for mercy at Sharp for panels. What are you thinking Samsung? Just pay more for the panels from Samsung Display so they can make a profit instead of going back to Sharp panels that can't perform. And then to make things worse Samsung announced they will end their agreement with Kateeva for their new QD Oled film technology development that looked promising and put Kateeva nearly out of business. Don't be surprised if TCL or Hisense swoops in like a vulture with a claw full of cash and buys Kateeva or it's technology giving them the edge for the first QD Oled before Samsung's engineer's have a chance to breath, and then cry.
    Hi @BruceTV. I have a similar problem on a samsung panel. Have you ever documented which caps are going bad? I have been searching for bad caps with no luck on mine but did find a couple shorted resistors. model i this case is the UN65RU8200F but same problem.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X