Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Emulating a main board CPU.

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
    It is possible but unlikely. If you find cleartext in it, it is probably not obfuscated or encrypted.

But it takes years of experience to even know where to start with this.
    I had been reading this and that's what got me thinking about obfuscation.
    http://www.devttys0.com/2014/02/reve...e-obfuscation/

It may also be that binwalk and other tools don't detect the bootloader because they don't have the signature. Most of what I find online concerning firmware RE is about routers. I seem to be the only one interested in TV firmware. I'm going try to decompile it and see what turns up.
    ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Re: Emulating a main board CPU.

Well, I figured out how to enable UART. It's in the service menu. I haven't tried it yet. I've spent days trying to get Avast's decompiler installed on Kali Linux, and still no luck. I get past one issue, and then it's another, and another. Ubuntu just randomly crashed last week and wouldn't boot. I had realized the day after installing it that Kali was the new Backtrack and more suited to what I am trying to do, so I decided not to waste time trying to fix it. I've got some other work to do now, but I'm anxious to see what I can learn from the UART debugging. I might be able to get to it tomorrow.
      Attached Files
      ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Working...
      X