Samsung P2770 vertical bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung P2770 vertical bands

I am new to all this, including this forum, my apologies for any faux pas.

I have searched the forum, have dloaded and read the provided PDF for TV/Monitor troubleshoot, plus the Service Manual available via the links in this forum.

I am guessing others have this issue, but have not seen/found the solution.

I have a Samsung P2770HD TV/monitor. A year ago the power supply went. I taught myself enough to be able to determine there were bad caps, and taught myself to solder in some new Rubicons from DigiKey ... All seemed well again.

A short while later, a thin (e.g. 1 pxl) vertical line appeared. As time went by, some more thin lines of various colours appeared.

Then, entire vertical bands appeared, about 6 cm wide (appear to be the same width as the connectors inside on what I believe is the T-Con board). Some of the bands are black, while others a collage of colours. Some of the bands will be black on some occasions, and collages on other occasions on power-up.

The behaviour of bands is the same whether in TV mode or attached to PC.

From what I have read on this forum, I am guessing this means a bad T-Con.

I have "fiddled" with various cables, inspected boards, etc, but cannot see any obvious issues, or have any effect on the "bands".

My questions:

1) Have I got it right, this is a bad T-Con board?

2) Is it repairable? If so, is there a resource that might guide me?

3) If not repairable, is it replaceable? If I understand the notes, the T-Con is "bonded" to the screen, so not sure if this is a sensible question.

I appreciate this is all too newbie for some. Still any assistance/guidance would be appreciated.

Enc:
    1) Attached is a picture of the "bands".

2) The thing I call the T-con board is the same thing in this image
    (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1359595116)
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung P2770 vertical bands

This looks like a bad Panel. You could remove clean and re-seat the ribbon cables from the T-CON Bd to the panel and clean and re-seat the LVDS cable from the Main Bd. to the T-CON, as well.

Comment

Cheers for that. Would there be a manual or whatever somewhere for disassembly of the T-Con/Panel (I can manage everything up to that point)?

Comment

OK, had a go at removing the panel from its metal "inner frame" so I could inspect how/whether I might clean/re-seat the ribbons from the T-Con to the panel.

In the event, those ribbons are "glued" both on the T-Con and "panel/LCD/LED" side.

I did clean the LVDS ribbon on the T-Con side. I did "un-lock" the ribbon on the logic board side but it did not want to come free, and did not wish to force it.

... put it all back together, and the result is per the attached jpg. Namely:

1) what were "black bands" are now all "white bands"
        2) most of what were "coloured bands" are now "white bands"
        3) one "previously working band" is now a "white band"

... there is one "working band" left, so in a sense it seems to be worse now compared to "pre-cleaning".

... well, I have a nice LED Lamp/1080p radio :-)

Should I take this to mean the panel is "toast", and not repairable?

If repairable, any chance of being pointed in the right direction?

Cheers
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X