Vizio VP50HDTV10A Plasma TV Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio VP50HDTV10A Plasma TV Issue

So, I'm having a bit of an issue here with a television set -- it's one I haven't encountered before. The original issue was the famous 'Bad YSUS' these are known for. So, replaced both buffer boards and the YSUS. TV worked great for 20 minutes, then a thin (1/2" - 1") part of the screen started acting weird. I say weird because, when there is composite/RCA (yellow/red/white) input, it shows up as a blue vertical line. When the inputs are being switched or there is no signal, it shows up as a part of the OSD not working and black. When you go to the TV selection, the 'snow' shows perfectly fine with no issues (did not try to tune into a station, though). Please see the attached pics for more details.

I'm wondering if one of the address buffers (XL/XC/XR) needs to be replaced maybe? Thanks for any advice you can provide on this; I find it very weird that the snow shows clear, and I can't see it being a bad panel as the part is not just 'dead', it -can- be addressed; as seen by the snow (at least that's what I make of it).

Also, some notes on the pictures. The text 'shadow' is just because of the extreme angle of the picture. Also, the 'discolored' look in the snow is just because of the camera, it is not there in real life. Note in the text how some of the 'writing' is missing, though; it corresponds perfectly with the solid colored bar when watching a DVD through the RCA input.

http://imgur.com/a/YX2lc

Re: Vizio VP50HDTV10A Plasma TV Issue

Well, I solved my own issue. I took the heatsinks off the XL/XC/XR boards, disconnected all the ribbon cables, alcohol swabbed them, and reinstalled. Problem is fixed. Hope this at least helps someone else in the future.

Comment

Re: Vizio VP50HDTV10A Plasma TV Issue

good to hear.

Comment

Working...
      X