Samsung Plasma TV PN42B400 - Static/Snowy Negative Looking Display Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Plasma TV PN42B400 - Static/Snowy Negative Looking Display Problem

My Samsung Plasma TV, Model: pn42b400 started to invert the colour, like if you were looking at a photo Negative and would have this static/snowy look on the screen that would come and go. It would be fine for a couple of hours, and then it would go all wanky.

It started happening more and more now. I have attached images of what it looks like.

If you can let me know what it could be and let me know if its worth fixing ot not, I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Plasma TV PN42B400 - Static/Snowy Negative Looking Display Problem

My Samsung Plasma TV model: pn58a550s1fxzc started doing the exact same thing. Its about 5yrs old and i'm wondering if its repairable for a reasonable cost or is it junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Viperac View Post
      My Samsung Plasma TV, Model: pn42b400 started to invert the colour, like if you were looking at a photo Negative and would have this static/snowy look on the screen that would come and go. It would be fine for a couple of hours, and then it would go all wanky.

It started happening more and more now. I have attached images of what it looks like.

If you can let me know what it could be and let me know if its worth fixing ot not, I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.
      Yes still worth for repair, Locate the Control Board w/c is always located in the middle of the TV when you open it from the back. Get the Part Nmber on the board and order it from Ebay.com. Let me know if you fixed it. Goodluck !!!

Comment

Originally posted by krusty View Post
        My Samsung Plasma TV model: pn58a550s1fxzc started doing the exact same thing. Its about 5yrs old and i'm wondering if its repairable for a reasonable cost or is it junk.
        Yes still worth for repair, Locate the Control Board w/c is always located in the middle of the TV when you open it from the back. Get the Part Nmber on the board and order it from Ebay.com. Let me know if you fixed it. Goodluck !!!

Comment

Might not be control board, worth a quick test before ordering.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
          X