Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic Plasma TC-P50GT30 7 blinks SC board shorted

Originally posted by Chaks View Post
    Slightly cracked Panel ( 2 inch 'X' shaped crack on the left bottom side) got hit with a golf ball

Plasma Panel lits up white screen for 2 seconds and shuts down with 7 red blinks ( blinking repeats with a 3 second pause)

Here is the link to the Panasonic Plasma TV TH-P42XT50D PCB Imagesof my TV.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Hc&usp=sharing

Hoping someone can help me diagnose the problem
    Photos of everything except the panel fault and crack. I'm thinking chances are the panel is stuffed unless this has a fascia glass panel in front of the screen but if it shut down with 7 blinks after impact then, the impact was enough for panel shorted, also means the buffer board most likely shorted , also means SC also maybe bad but if the screen fires up briefly Sc could be ok. maybe the gas has not all leaked out yet but i think it's probably all over for this TV.

Comment

there's no glass fascia, the crack is the PDP cracked.

Comment

Hi,
        I am working on TC-55GT30 SC card with 7 blinks (caused by loose mounting screws on the board). Found 3 shorted IGBTs (30F131) Q621,622,623 replaced with new ones, did a resistance check on all remaining 30F131 and got a consistent reading of 47Kohm across pins 1 and 3(G&E) all gate resistors for IGBT's measured fine. Checked all diodes for shorts and none found. I installed the board back into the unit with only SC 02 and the ribbon cable connected and all connectors to SU-SD boards disconnected with connector SC 50 shorted fired up the Plasma set and I briefly got the green LED on SC board to light up and then buzzing sound from SC card followed by 6 Blinks. Anybody can help me further resolve this problem. Cheers.

Comment

are they blown again? Is there a triple set of rjp30h2 also shorted? Maybe the FET driver ics are bad too, did you check gate resistors.

Comment

New member. First post ever. Working on 7-blink issue. I've read all posts.
            After replacing Q401,402, & 403 w/ parts from a 'Shop Jimmy' kit. I no longer have a short across SC2. At this point is it stupid to continue replacing parts, or should I proceed directly to the SC jig test w/ SU & SD disconnected?
            Also, does anyone have an opinion on a desoldering aid called 'Chip Quick'? Will its use lead to any problems down the road? Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

6 blink error is caused often by Q531, IC502

Comment

Update! I found one more IGBT shorted on the SS card after I wrote my last post, Q661 (RJP63G4). I have ordered it off eBay and waiting for the part to arrive. Will give you an you update once I receive the part.

Comment

Sorry I meant the SC card and not SS.

Comment

Hi
                    (First of all sorry for my English)

I have a p50st30 with 7 blinks of death
                    I live in a small town in Iran so I can't buy a repair kit from ebay - I search parts separately and find 30f131 rjp30h2 and rjp63g4 but can't find daf30 and rf1501 diodes and c08n25.
                    I don't know are diodes infected or not, but I want to know are there any alternative for these parts?

Comment

Originally posted by behking View Post
                      Hi
                      (First of all sorry for my English)

I have a p50st30 with 7 blinks of death
                      I live in a small town in Iran so I can't buy a repair kit from ebay - I search parts separately and find 30f131 rjp30h2 and rjp63g4 but can't find daf30 and rf1501 diodes and c08n25.
                      I don't know are diodes infected or not, but I want to know are there any alternative for these parts?
                      First step, verify what is shorted. Will probably find 30f131 rjp30h2 are, if they are remove and then check those diodes as there is a good chance they are ok so you won't need them. There probably are others that can do the job, just a matter of getting the specs and searching.

can you get parts from china? UTSOURCE

Comment

Ok
                        I received transistors today, but seller sends me RJP63k2 as Rjp30h2a replacement I saw Datasheets online except Collector to Emitter voltage these are the same, but because I am an amateur can you please see datasheets and say if I can use 63k2 as 30h2a?

http://www.datasheet4u.com/datasheet....php?id=718438

http://www.datasheet4u.com/datasheet....php?id=718452

Comment

Ok
                          I received transistors today, but seller sends me RJP63k2 as Rjp30h2a replacement I saw Datasheets online except Collector to Emitter voltage these are the same, but because I am an amateur can you please see datasheets and say if I can use 63k2 as 30h2a?

http://www.datasheet4u.com/datasheet....php?id=718438

http://www.datasheet4u.com/datasheet....php?id=718452
                          hard to say really. both rated at 35A but the 63 has a peak current rating 50A less at 200A.

don't know what to advise, probably will work

Comment

New member here. Have 2008 Panasonic th-c50hd18 with 7 blinking lights. Have read a lot of post and am starting with SC board. Have new SC board(TNPA4393) from ShopJimmy and want to test before attaching SD/SU boards. This model doesn't have SC50 jumper. other than disconnecting from SD/SU board and removing ground screws, what else do I need to do to isolate the SC board.

Comment

Originally posted by larwil View Post
                              New member here. Have 2008 Panasonic th-c50hd18 with 7 blinking lights. Have read a lot of post and am starting with SC board. Have new SC board(TNPA4393) from ShopJimmy and want to test before attaching SD/SU boards. This model doesn't have SC50 jumper. other than disconnecting from SD/SU board and removing ground screws, what else do I need to do to isolate the SC board.
                              Start a separate thread.

read this. I think there's more chance on bad sd/su for 7 blink with these
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                hard to say really. both rated at 35A but the 63 has a peak current rating 50A less at 200A.

don't know what to advise, probably will work

Hi, I didn't risk it and ordered rjp30ha2 from another shop. Yesterday I had some time, so I opened tv and replaced( 3 30f131 and 3 rjp30h2a ) now tv work perfectly but I have a question about firmware. Is it really necessary to update firmware on 7 blinks of death? My firmware is 2117

Thanks for your helping hands

Comment

Hi, I didn't risk it and ordered rjp30ha2 from another shop. Yesterday I had some time, so I opened tv and replaced( 3 30f131 and 3 rjp30h2a ) now tv work perfectly but I have a question about firmware. Is it really necessary to update firmware on 7 blinks of death? My firmware is 2117

Thanks for your helping hands
                                  looks like that's the latest for your region anyway.

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...own_aamo2.html

Comment

Regarding the following:
                                    ..."As for the SC50, disconnect, the 3 white connectors from the SC to the SD/SU. remove the 4 earth screws at the buffer boards. Jumper SC50. Turn the TV on and confirm it starts normally, no blinks and also if you view the TV from the rear on both the sustain boards there should also be an onboard green LED lit. This will confirm both boths are good and running."

I am troubleshooting a TC-P55ST50. Does the quoted procedure above confirm the SC is good and SU or SD is not?
                                    Here's the history of what I did:

1. TV went pop and started displaying 7 blinks.
                                    2. When thru troubleshooting flowchart from web
                                    3. Flow told me SD was bad ( I think- bottom one)
                                    4. Replaced that board from ShopJimmy.com
                                    5. It displayed a menu rectangle middle of screen with white horizontal lines near vertical center of screen (maybe some ribbons not seated properly?)
                                    6. After a few seconds back to 7 blinks.
                                    Ran thru flow again - isolated SU/SD and no blinks- says change su and sd

I am hearing that I should replace SU, SD and SC but I am not sure.

- with Grounds removed from SU/SD and white connectors lifted (3) and isolation jumper in place no blinks and green light on SC

What I am not sure of is this:
                                    If White connectors are in place when I check continuity from floating ground to pins 2 and 6, they both show short on one or the other but no shorts when connectors lifted- checked from SC ground to pins 2/6 or from SC/SD grounds to pins 2/6
                                    Also, as per a youtube video, before replacing the SD board, I checked continuity from floating grounds on SU and SD to all ribbon connections and got some shorts on SD confirming that it was bad SD as the flowchart also indicated.
                                    Now (even after 7 blinks returned) I see no shorts on the new board

But still 7 blinks and not sure what to do
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by billyac; 10-16-2015, 11:02 AM. Reason: wrong model

Comment

I cannot find exact service manual for this TC-P55ST50
                                      Don't see it here
                                      http://www.toms-service-manuals.com/...h=Submit+Query

Does anyone know a compatible manual I can use?
                                      The one I have been using for flowchart is
                                      Model :TC-P50ST50* (America)

Comment

Originally posted by billyac View Post
                                        Regarding the following:
                                        ..."As for the SC50, disconnect, the 3 white connectors from the SC to the SD/SU. remove the 4 earth screws at the buffer boards. Jumper SC50. Turn the TV on and confirm it starts normally, no blinks and also if you view the TV from the rear on both the sustain boards there should also be an onboard green LED lit. This will confirm both boths are good and running."

I am troubleshooting a TC-P55ST50. Does the quoted procedure above confirm the SC is good and SU or SD is not?
                                        Here's the history of what I did:

1. TV went pop and started displaying 7 blinks.
                                        2. When thru troubleshooting flowchart from web
                                        3. Flow told me SD was bad ( I think- bottom one)
                                        4. Replaced that board from ShopJimmy.com
                                        5. It displayed a menu rectangle middle of screen with white horizontal lines near vertical center of screen (maybe some ribbons not seated properly?)
                                        6. After a few seconds back to 7 blinks.
                                        Ran thru flow again - isolated SU/SD and no blinks- says change su and sd

I am hearing that I should replace SU, SD and SC but I am not sure.

- with Grounds removed from SU/SD and white connectors lifted (3) and isolation jumper in place no blinks and green light on SC

What I am not sure of is this:
                                        If White connectors are in place when I check continuity from floating ground to pins 2 and 6, they both show short on one or the other but no shorts when connectors lifted- checked from SC ground to pins 2/6 or from SC/SD grounds to pins 2/6
                                        Also, as per a youtube video, before replacing the SD board, I checked continuity from floating grounds on SU and SD to all ribbon connections and got some shorts on SD confirming that it was bad SD as the flowchart also indicated.
                                        Now (even after 7 blinks returned) I see no shorts on the new board

But still 7 blinks and not sure what to do
                                        Originally posted by billyac View Post
                                        I cannot find exact service manual for this TC-P55ST50
                                        Don't see it here
                                        http://www.toms-service-manuals.com/...h=Submit+Query

Does anyone know a compatible manual I can use?
                                        The one I have been using for flowchart is
                                        Model :TC-P50ST50* (America)
                                        replied HERE

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                          are they blown again? Is there a triple set of rjp30h2 also shorted? Maybe the FET driver ics are bad too, did you check gate resistors.
                                          Update:
                                          I finally got the RJP63G4 IGBT's and replaced, fired up the SC board with SC50 jumpered and once again fired up for a seconds and died with 7 blinks. This time I found the replaced Q661 RJP64G4 shorted and also found Q600 C08N25 shorted (between D and S). I have ordered C08N25 MOS FET and once I get it will test it and hoping it will work.

I Checked all gate resistors and all of them check out fine.
                                          I checked measured all other IGBT's and no shorts.

Comment

Working...
                                          X