Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung ps42a457 plasma tv (blue tint fault)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung ps42a457 plasma tv (blue tint fault)

Hey guys,

I have the above tv in bits right now, pictures got like a blue tint all over, on all inputs including menus.

Tried resetting defaults.
    Va and vs from psu all ok.

If I change the picture mode to dynamic, it goes from a blue tint to a red tint.

Just trying to narrow it down to which boats is faulty.

Video controller card has 1 x flashing led named "led2"- I'm not entirely sure what this is but the board is getting the full 5.3v from psu

Hope you guys can help with this one

Re: Samsung ps42a457 plasma tv (blue tint fault)

Try this test
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...61&postcount=2
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks tom

I will try that and come back.

Once the pins are shorted, how do I know if it's faulty or working?

Comment

Test patterns will appear. If the patterns are bad, the main board is ruled out; if they are good, the main board is bad.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Is this the 4 pin connector?
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Well I think it's the main board causing my problems

On the test, reds blues and greens all look fine to me.

See what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz474UfFvBo

Comment

Definitely looks like it, could you upload a sample of normal viewing with the fault too?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sov3m...e_gdata_player

Here's the original fault, screens either got a blue it red tint to it depending on which picture mode I choose.

Also I get no on screen menus or input images on any other input

Only DTV

Comment

Ah that's interesting. Could be just corrupt EEPROM.
                    Try this:
                    - Put TV into standby.
                    - Press Info, Menu, Mute, Power on remote (Europe/Asia) or Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power (US).
                    - Service menu appears.
                    - If you see an OPTION or CONTROL menu, select that.
                    - Check the LVDS setting / PDP group should be set to correct setting. (For example on 42"PDP, etc... if unsure take some pictures.)
                    - After doing this go back in the service menu and select Factory Reset or plain Reset.
                    Last edited by tom66; 11-05-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Hi tom, I tried this today

Got into service menu but couldn't select anything, nothing happens, everything's unresponsive.

But all ok to turn off with standby button

Comment

Are you using the original Samsung remote?

Comment

Yes

Comment

OK, we may need to try an additional trick, for that the EEPROM needs to be jumpered, you will need two 20cm pieces of wire and a soldering iron. Plus a picture of the main board.

If this does not work you will need to replace the main board outright.

Comment

Ok I have done this couple of times before on a ps42q96

But I cannot find the EEPROM on this board

Can you see it
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Liam.25; 11-05-2013, 05:01 PM.

Comment

EEPROM will be marked "24" some letters and then some numbers e.g. 24LC64. There may be several on the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X