Sanyo Turns off when sound turned up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo Turns off when sound turned up

I have a sanyo DP47460 when I turn on the led go green nothing else after several try the led no came on at all after disconnecting the tv for 10 minutes the same happens, only the 5v standby is on, I need help

Comment

Originally posted by precario View Post
      I have a sanyo DP47460 when I turn on the led go green nothing else after several try the led no came on at all after disconnecting the tv for 10 minutes the same happens, only the 5v standby is on, I need help
      Start a new thread with pictures of the inside of the tv.

Comment

Been having the same problem with my Sanyo for several years- originally would shut off only occasionally and just unplugged power and system reset.
        then it popped once loudly when it shut off and then would work but not play DVDs or download online movies- would do the same shut down procedure again and would start up but then it got worse until it wouldn't stay on at all no matter how low the volume was..
        Figured out a workaround since I wasn't impressed with the TV speakers anyway and based on what you guys said it had to be something related to the soundboard circuit, so for a bit of $ and a great sound I bought a good sound bar and just hooked up the audio output so all the sound goes to the sound bar and TV sound is zero and has been working like a charm since Dec 2013.
        as soon as I turn TV sound up will shut off but as long as TV sound is off have had no issues and really enjoying the quality of sound from the sound bar and don't have to use my $ to pay for a circuit board repair or a new one that might give me the recurring problem. Let me know if anyone else has done this with the same good results.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppydom View Post
          Been having the same problem with my Sanyo for several years- originally would shut off only occasionally and just unplugged power and system reset.
          then it popped once loudly when it shut off and then would work but not play DVDs or download online movies- would do the same shut down procedure again and would start up but then it got worse until it wouldn't stay on at all no matter how low the volume was..
          Figured out a workaround since I wasn't impressed with the TV speakers anyway and based on what you guys said it had to be something related to the soundboard circuit, so for a bit of $ and a great sound I bought a good sound bar and just hooked up the audio output so all the sound goes to the sound bar and TV sound is zero and has been working like a charm since Dec 2013.
          as soon as I turn TV sound up will shut off but as long as TV sound is off have had no issues and really enjoying the quality of sound from the sound bar and don't have to use my $ to pay for a circuit board repair or a new one that might give me the recurring problem. Let me know if anyone else has done this with the same good results.
          Worked great for me! I bought a dp47460 47" Sanyo HDTV from a guy on Craigslist for 40$. He said it didn't turn on sometimes and it turned off on him all the time. I thought it was a great deal even if I had to replace p/s or something like that so I bought it. I then brought it home, plugged it up, and it worked! I then started messing around with it and after I hooked up my xbox 360 with hdmi it turned off. So now I've hooked up a speaker dock I had for my iPhone and it's working great! Hasn't turned off yet! I have tv volume at 0. Everything I used to turn up volume to 38 it would turn off and take atleast an hour to turn back on. Now everything works great and my tv sounds better! Anybody who wants to fix their tv by doing this make sure your alternate audio source has it own volume up and down function. IT has to be a unit that plugs into the wall. I then ran the red/white audio outputs from the tv to the speaker dock via a 3.5 to red/white cable.

Comment

This should be a good start...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSYCn93pz6kgg

Comment

Working...
            X