Toshiba 50HP66 intermittent problem - boot issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 50HP66 intermittent problem - boot issues

Hi, I have a Toshiba plasma - 50HP66 - that intermittently won't start up.

It always comes on and says "Please wait Thank you for your patience" and most of the time will then go to the component that it's on (HDMI1, Colorstream HD1, whatever and then it comes on). Sometimes it will just sit there indefinitely at the Please wait screen.

This is my personal set and it's done this for a long time. It gets worse at times, then it's fine for a while. We deal with it, but I'd like to fix it so we don't have a failure at some point.

This TV has done this for the 4 years that I've had it. It's just getting a little more frequent (and annoying!).

Anyone seen this? I haven't done anything to it. I bought it as a refurb in '07.

Thanks in advance,

WooO~

Re: Toshiba 50HP66 intermittent problem - boot issues

Monday BUMP!

Comment

The frequency of this problem is intermittent too.

Sometimes it will come up fine, other times it hangs at the please wait screen.

Not a show stopper, but I would like to fix it if possible.

Thanks!

Comment

I would suggest you take it apart and have a look for bad capacitors, though Toshiba TVs are generally very good. Also, check if there are firmware updates available - it sounds far more like a software issue than a hardware problem.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
        X