Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips LCD 42PFL5432D/37 no picture, no sound.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips LCD 42PFL5432D/37 no picture, no sound.

Normally, we don't see too many bloated caps on the main/logic board, but you have 4 which suggests the caps are really poor quality brands and/or the TV runs really hot.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

How is everyone doing?

I also have the Phillips LCD issue, none of the caps look bulged and I have not noticed any burn marks on the bottom of the board. When I plug the tv into the ac outlet and push the power button I get a blue light then followed by 6 red lights. No sound or video is present, not sure how to approach this. Willing to try anything as long it doesn't add up to the cost of a tv

Thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by M1SCH1EFMAYHEM View Post
        How is everyone doing?

I also have the Phillips LCD issue, none of the caps look bulged and I have not noticed any burn marks on the bottom of the board. When I plug the tv into the ac outlet and push the power button I get a blue light then followed by 6 red lights. No sound or video is present, not sure how to approach this. Willing to try anything as long it doesn't add up to the cost of a tv

Thank you
        Follow the link to the service manual in post #17. Download it, and read the section on error codes. the either refer to the section on troubleshooting that error or report back.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I have a philips plasma TV. Woke up this morning no pic no sound. The blue light in front just blinks. Help I know nothing about fixing a TV but going to try. I did replace the bulb about a year ago.

Comment

In the diagnostic phase of a 42PFL5432D/37 myself. Just wanted to say this guide is a great read! I will get pics posted with a description of the issue and hopefully the resolution. That's about all thats really missing, an after shot of a functional unit.

Comment

Working...
            X