X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for Lenovo 5-15IMH05H Type 81Y6 BIOS bin file

Hello Everyone,

I have Lenovo Legion 5-15IMH05H (Lenovo) - Type 81Y6

and I have encountered a Black screen on startup. I have tried the power drain and all sorts of tricks that were available online to revive it but no joy.

Since I have already an expired warranty, I am thinking of flashing the BIOS externally. I have a Ch341A SPI flasher to program the BIOS externally. I see that to program the BIOS, I need a bin file for the BIOS. The latest BIOS executable can be found here but I need the bin file to flash it externally.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/d...ion-5-17imh05h

Is there somebody who might have the correct file that I could use to flash or help me how to create one?

The BIOS chip (I suspect) is: 25B127DSIG. Let me know if it is the case or maybe I am mistaken.

Look forward to your reply and any sort of help in reviving my Laptop.

Regards,
    Brecht

Re: Request for Lenovo Legion 5 BIOS bin file

Originally posted by maanee11 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have Lenovo Legion 5-15IMH05H (Lenovo) - Type 81Y6

and I have encountered a Black screen on startup. I have tried the power drain and all sorts of tricks that were available online to revive it but no joy.

Since I have already an expired warranty, I am thinking of flashing the BIOS externally. I have a Ch341A SPI flasher to program the BIOS externally. I see that to program the BIOS, I need a bin file for the BIOS. The latest BIOS executable can be found here but I need the bin file to flash it externally.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/d...ion-5-17imh05h

Is there somebody who might have the correct file that I could use to flash or help me how to create one?

The BIOS chip (I suspect) is: 25B127DSIG. Let me know if it is the case or maybe I am mistaken.

Look forward to your reply and any sort of help in reviving my Laptop.

Regards,
    Brecht
    Always remember to back up the original bios even if it's broken before flashing a new bios.

The steps to program the bios chip are: READ ( for backup ) --> Erase --> Blank check --> Write --> Verify

READ your bios chip and post backup file and serial number here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hi, I have a Lenovo Legion 5 which is dead when turned on except for the power LED. After connecting the power supply, it starts by itself and the same situation, the charging diode is on. I suspect BIOS corruption because the laptop does not start, the CPU and GPU do not heat up.

Lenovo Legion 5 15IMH05H
      S/N: PF2DBKX1
      MTM: 81Y600BSPB
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MiXeR View Post
        Hi, I have a Lenovo Legion 5 which is dead when turned on except for the power LED. After connecting the power supply, it starts by itself and the same situation, the charging diode is on. I suspect BIOS corruption because the laptop does not start, the CPU and GPU do not heat up.

Lenovo Legion 5 15IMH05H
        S/N: PF2DBKX1
        MTM: 81Y600BSPB
        try post #2
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...mp#post1726131
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
          Unfortunately, the laptop behaves the same. I don't rule out a hardware problem, the laptop was terribly dirty and the paste had expired.

Comment

Working...
          X