• Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Originally posted by il60 View Post
    Sorry really sorry

thans for information for next time...

Sn : C5CD051GMV8 yes, 650 g8

yes i have password

So now wait here if someone can help me ? or go ask on 650 G8 topic ?

again, thanks for you"r help !
    Upload the image here, showing the password prompt screen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Hello,

Could you please unlock this BIOS please ?
      Just did a donation because you are all very helpful
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kekosef View Post
        Hello,

Could you please unlock this BIOS please ?
        Just did a donation because you are all very helpful
        Thank you very much for your support! Appreciate it!

Here you are:
        Attached Files

Comment

Let me start out praising @RhetoricalCheese for an awesome application. Thank you sir!!
          This is my first chip (ever) that I am reprogramming so please be patient. I pulled a Winbond 25Q256JVEN (2202) (6141) (GM400) chip out of an HP Elitebook 850 G8 hoping to wipe the Admin password from the bios. I am using a XGecu T48 [TL866-3G] programmer. The chip did not work with any of the connectors I had so I had to use the test clip that came with it. I was able to READ then VERIFY the chip. I can see ASCII info that was added. I then saved the bios .BIN file and moved it to the RCunlocker.exe. But...I keep getting the same error, "Wrong Chip. Try reading and unlocking 16 MB chip." I am not sure what to do to get around this. I have tried using both "W25Q256JV SOIC8 and W25Q256JV SOIC16" but with no luck. I appreciate any help or input you can give me.

Comment

Originally posted by joe9041 View Post
            Let me start out praising @RhetoricalCheese for an awesome application. Thank you sir!!
            This is my first chip (ever) that I am reprogramming so please be patient. I pulled a Winbond 25Q256JVEN (2202) (6141) (GM400) chip out of an HP Elitebook 850 G8 hoping to wipe the Admin password from the bios. I am using a XGecu T48 [TL866-3G] programmer. The chip did not work with any of the connectors I had so I had to use the test clip that came with it. I was able to READ then VERIFY the chip. I can see ASCII info that was added. I then saved the bios .BIN file and moved it to the RCunlocker.exe. But...I keep getting the same error, "Wrong Chip. Try reading and unlocking 16 MB chip." I am not sure what to do to get around this. I have tried using both "W25Q256JV SOIC8 and W25Q256JV SOIC16" but with no luck. I appreciate any help or input you can give me.
            Shouldn't be a problem but If you want the members here to help you, post your original backup (both dumps) and someone will do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
              Shouldn't be a problem but If you want the members here to help you, post your original backup (both dumps) and someone will do it for you.

That is awesome!! Appreciate any help
              I am including the original BIOS from an HP Elitebook 850 G8 - Could you please unlock this BIOS?
              Attached Files

Comment

That is awesome!! Appreciate any help
                I am including the original BIOS from an HP Elitebook 850 G8 - Could you please unlock this BIOS?
                Sure, but you uploaded only the main bios dump - I've said both, where is the dump from the second (EC) chip?

Comment

Sure, but you uploaded only the main bios dump - I've said both, where is the dump from the second (EC) chip?

Sorry I was not aware there was a second (EC) chip that needed to be reprogrammed. Would you happen to know where this would be located? Maybe at the bottom of the board?

Comment

Sorry I was not aware there was a second (EC) chip that needed to be reprogrammed. Would you happen to know where this would be located? Maybe at the bottom of the board?
                    Yes, it's at the back side of the board (U366).

Last edited by Vesko356; 04-23-2023, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Yes, it's at the back side of the board (U366).

Thanks so much!!
                      Here are both the Main and EC bios files. I was able to extract the .BIN from the EC, but I thought it was weird that the software gave me a "Check ID" error. It told me to uncheck it and I then would be able to read/save the chip. When I scrolled through the ASCII section, I didnt see any characters like I did for the main chip read. The EC file is 32 MB.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks so much!!
                        Here are both the Main and EC bios files. I was able to extract the .BIN from the EC, but I thought it was weird that the software gave me a "Check ID" error. It told me to uncheck it and I then would be able to read/save the chip. When I scrolled through the ASCII section, I didnt see any characters like I did for the main chip read. The EC file is 32 MB.
                        EC dump is completely empty (FF filled), so you should try to read the chip again, use verification. What programmer you are using, ch341a?

Comment

EC dump is completely empty (FF filled), so you should try to read the chip again, use verification. What programmer you are using, ch341a?

I have tried it again and verified.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have tried it again and verified.
                            Well done. Much better attempt.
                            Below is your unlocked dump, program EC chip only (don't forget to erase it before programming), leave the other chip as is.
                            At the first boot enter the bios and reset security settings to default.
                            Then enjoy your unlocked toy, and don't forget to buy me a beer, you can do that by
                            making a donation in support of the "Bios Requests" section of the forum.

P.S. Just in case before all that take one more verified dump of the EC bios chip. Just to be on a safe side. I've checked your second read and it's looking perfectly fine, but as I said just in case, and for the sake of following the right procedure.

Leave feedback and Good Luck!

Attached Files

Comment

Well done. Much better attempt.
                              Below is your unlocked dump, program EC chip only (don't forget to erase it before programming), leave the other chip as is.
                              At the first boot enter the bios and reset security settings to default.
                              Then enjoy your unlocked toy, and don't forget to buy me a beer, you can do that by
                              making a donation in support of the "Bios Requests" section of the forum.

P.S. Just in case before all that take one more verified dump of the EC bios chip. Just to be on a safe side. I've checked your second read and it's looking perfectly fine, but as I said just in case, and for the sake of following the right procedure.

Leave feedback and Good Luck!

Appreciate the help. But....I am getting this error when I program the EC. Help please!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Appreciate the help. But....I am getting this error when I program the EC. Help please!
                                I don't know exactly what the problem is, most likely bad contact between the programmer and the chip. What is the connection type - wson8 to dip8 adapter or something else?

Comment

I don't know exactly what the problem is, most likely bad contact between the programmer and the chip. What is the connection type - wson8 to dip8 adapter or something else?

I was able to program the original .BIN file back to the EC with no issues. I am using a tester clip socket.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by joe9041; 04-26-2023, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I was able to program the original .BIN file back to the EC with no issues.
                                    So what's the problem then, program the unlocked file the same way.

I am using a tester clip socket.
                                    This "tester clip" as you call it is not intended for use with WSON8 SPI flash chip hence the problem. This clip is designed to be used with SOIC-8 SPI chip.
                                    So as I already supposed - your problem is a bad connection with the chip.

Comment

Upload the image here, showing the password prompt screen.

Sorry for late answer, you was right, i post the wrong bios laptop bios

thanks for all !

Comment

So I have a hp EliteBook 8470p with a Winbond 25Q128fvsq chip. I pulled the bin file from chip with exp2019+ and then I verified it. Everything appeared to be ok. So as I go to read it again every attempt to read chip shows chip is empty? What should I do from here? Any suggestion would be helpful. Also I've attached the original read I pulled. Thanks !
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aspenthedon View Post
                                          So I have a hp EliteBook 8470p with a Winbond 25Q128fvsq chip. I pulled the bin file from chip with exp2019+ and then I verified it. Everything appeared to be ok. So as I go to read it again every attempt to read chip shows chip is empty? What should I do from here? Any suggestion would be helpful. Also I've attached the original read I pulled. Thanks !
                                          yes, you wanted to delete his password, look at the bios here..
                                          Attached Files
                                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Working...
                                          X