Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello may you please help downgrade hp envy x360 bios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello may you please help downgrade hp envy x360 bios?

Hi I have a HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bq121dx & am getting WHEA errors in hwinfo after the latest BIOS update & crashes in game. HP won't let me downgrade back to the initial release BIOS where I had no issues with. I would like to test the different BIOS versions to find out which one has the least issues. Not to mention I wouldn't mind unlocking the advanced BIOS menu as well if possible.

Thank You
    Attached Files

Re: Hello may you please help downgrade hp envy x360 bios?

Originally posted by chris89 View Post
    Hi I have a HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bq121dx & am getting WHEA errors in hwinfo after the latest BIOS update & crashes in game. HP won't let me downgrade back to the initial release BIOS where I had no issues with. I would like to test the different BIOS versions to find out which one has the least issues. Not to mention I wouldn't mind unlocking the advanced BIOS menu as well if possible.

Thank You
    maybe this will help you..if you haven't tried them already ...

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers...model/18967057
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

@peste Thank you for the comment. However yes I attached a picture showing how upgrading the BIOS is greyed out for F11 BIOS initial release, since I'm on F22 BIOS latest now. I'd like to know if someone out there in the world knows how to bypass the version check for HP BIOS & let me flash back to older BIOS without issue.

Thanks again

Comment

@peste Thank you for the comment. However yes I attached a picture showing how upgrading the BIOS is greyed out for F11 BIOS initial release, since I'm on F22 BIOS latest now. I'd like to know if someone out there in the world knows how to bypass the version check for HP BIOS & let me flash back to older BIOS without issue.

Thanks again
        try this ..if you can, on this version of the bios install win and the game again ..
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

@peste try what exactly buddy? I don't understand. I'd love to try anything to revert to old BIOS & fix my gaming stability indefinitely.

Comment

Thanks again
            Try this at your own risk...

Download the bios from the support page,extract the exe to a folder using 7-zip or winrar .
            Open the platform.ini ,platformxxxx.ini (xxxx is 4 numbers) files with notepad .There are 3 files altogether.
            Edit each [Bios_Version_Check] Flag from Flag=2 to Flag=0 .Save the changes to each one then run InsydeFlash.exe

[Bios_Version_Check]
            Flag=2
            ;This flag is the switch of checking BIOS version.
            ;Flag default : 2.
            ; 0 : Don't check rom file version.
            ; 1 : Check BIOS version.
            ; When rom file version is older than BIOS, it will display
            ; a warning message and close application.
            ; 2 : Depend on BIOS report.
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-22-2021, 09:40 AM.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

If only I had Insyde BIOS. Mine is AMI American Microtrends BIOS. The .exe must be edited by hex to fix the BIOS VERSION CHECK... I don't know what to do in HxD sadly after finding text string "BIOS Version Check".
              Attached Files

Comment

Post a picture of the serial number on the bottom case,and another of the bios info screen showing the serial number etc .
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you
                  Attached Files

Comment

If only I had Insyde BIOS. Mine is AMI American Microtrends BIOS. The .exe must be edited by hex to fix the BIOS VERSION CHECK... I don't know what to do in HxD sadly after finding text string "BIOS Version Check".
                    Here`s the support page for your laptop,with the correct Insyde Bios - https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...57?sku=1KS90UA

I don`t know where you got that bios version from but its the wrong one.

You won`t get much improvement by unlocking,you`re getting the best you can out of it - https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...equest.271083/

Comment

Only problem is the motherboard for Insyde BIOS is 08312 & my motherboard is for AMI American Microtrends BIOS, 083C6.

Comment

Working...
                      X