No announcement yet.

latitude 5300 with password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi - I have a dell latitude 5300, service tag 53BCFW2 & 53BCFW2-8FC8 and need a BIOS password reset please. I have tried the p/w recovery but no luck. Thanks.

Comment

Hello guys, please help me with unlocking the BIOS, I will be very grateful.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey Guys

I just bought my First Notebook with a Bios ADMIN lock

NOTEBOOK: Dell Latitude 5300 Gen 8
      MOTHERBOARD: NorthBay Non-TBT MB A00 18827-1 P3HJY$JA

i found 3 BIOS chips on my Motherboard

1.) MXIC MX 25L3006E M2I-12G => chip sits on the front of the MB, next to the HDMI Port

2.) winbond 25Q128JVSQ 1941 => chip sits on the front of the MB, next to the FAN-Connector

3.) winbond 25Q64JVIQ 1942 => chip sits on the backside of the MB, next to the Fan

So sadly i have no Tools for reading out the Bios chip, but thats why i ask here to get the correct and hopefull not too expansive tool to read and write the chip

So, can somebody tell me which of these 3 chips are the correct one i have to read and write, and which tool you recommend

Thanks Guys
      Attached Files

Comment

i forget my service tag is

F2TBJW2

Comment

Originally posted by 123hasni123 View Post
          Hey Guys

1.) MXIC MX 25L3006E M2I-12G => chip sits on the front of the MB, next to the HDMI Port

2.) winbond 25Q128JVSQ 1941 => chip sits on the front of the MB, next to the FAN-Connector

3.) winbond 25Q64JVIQ 1942 => chip sits on the backside of the MB, next to the Fan

So sadly i have no Tools for reading out the Bios chip, but thats why i ask here to get the correct and hopefull not too expansive tool to read and write the chip

So, can somebody tell me which of these 3 chips are the correct one i have to read and write, and which tool you recommend

Thanks Guys
          Look
          Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hey Guys

Thanks Guys
            only read this make sure verify after reading.
            then upload that 8mb here.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

Look
              hey, thanks for your answer, so you pointed to chip 2 and 3, why 2 chips, are there the same bios on it or what

would love to do this with chip nr. 2 because this i should be able to read out without desoldering (because of the legs of the chip)

Comment

hey, thanks for your answer, so you pointed to chip 2 and 3, why 2 chips, are there the same bios on it or what

would love to do this with chip nr. 2 because this i should be able to read out without desoldering (because of the legs of the chip)

Your bios file is divided into 2 parts. 8 MB and 16 MB.
                Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Your bios file is divided into 2 parts. 8 MB and 16 MB.
                  ok but why then almost all of the peope only sent in one bios file and not two?

and also they get as an respond also only 1 bios file back

sorry for my maybe stupid questions,

i just ordered this bios flashing tools

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ellf32 View Post
                    Hello guys, please help me with unlocking the BIOS, I will be very grateful.
                    I'm sorry, I don't have the device itself, they just asked me to help and gave me the dump itself. I have already successfully removed the password using a hex editor. Sorry for disturbing.

Comment

ok but why then almost all of the peope only sent in one bios file and not two?

and also they get as an respond also only 1 bios file back

sorry for my maybe stupid questions,

i just ordered this bios flashing tools
                      If you want to unlock the bios, you can reluctantly use the 8MB file (but it's best to have enough bios_8MB + 16MB files, it helps people unlock faster).

Comment

If you want to unlock the bios, you can reluctantly use the 8MB file (but it's best to have enough bios_8MB + 16MB files, it helps people unlock faster).

yeah but the problem is that the WSON8 chip will be much harder to read out and write because of the WSON8 form factor, iam new to this bios soldering things, so i would prefer if anyhow possible to use the

chip winbond 25Q128JVSQ 1941 for doing this

today i should get my order CH341A with the clamp, but this set wont work easyly on the WSON8 winbond 25Q64JVIQ 1942

but would be easy i guess to do on the winbond 25Q128JVSQ 1941 chip because the clamp would work here

so thats the reason for asking this

thanks

Comment

yeah but the problem is that the WSON8 chip will be much harder to read out and write because of the WSON8 form factor, iam new to this bios soldering things, so i would prefer if anyhow possible to use the

chip winbond 25Q128JVSQ 1941 for doing this

today i should get my order CH341A with the clamp, but this set wont work easyly on the WSON8 winbond 25Q64JVIQ 1942

but would be easy i guess to do on the winbond 25Q128JVSQ 1941 chip because the clamp would work here

so thats the reason for asking this

thanks
                          do not use clamp or any stupid wires, just remove the chip directly and put in adapter.

Comment

hey guys i did it it worked with my CH341A

i desoldered the CHIP on the BACK and also read out the Chip on the Front via Clip (worked perfectly)

My Service Tag is

F2TBJW2

Would be mega nice if someone could sent me the file of the new BIOS which i have to write back to the CHIP.

I am so proud of me haha that i managed to desolder this and read out everything like you guys need from me (i hope so ;-).

Yeahhh
                            Attached Files

Comment

hey guys i did it it worked with my CH341A

i desoldered the CHIP on the BACK and also read out the Chip on the Front via Clip (worked perfectly)

My Service Tag is

F2TBJW2

Would be mega nice if someone could sent me the file of the new BIOS which i have to write back to the CHIP.

I am so proud of me haha that i managed to desolder this and read out everything like you guys need from me (i hope so ;-).

Yeahhh
                              here is your unlocked file just flash 8mb and password will be gone
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alfredposadas09 View Post

here is your unlocked file just flash 8mb and password will be gone
                                i just did the flashing and rebuilding the notebook and no everytime i press the powerbutton only the small yellow indicator lights up when i press the button, nothing else happing now

shit something is really bad here

hope there was no error in the bios or so

i tried it wit verfiy on deleted it before, all looked so good

Comment

i just did the flashing and rebuilding the notebook and no everytime i press the powerbutton only the small yellow indicator lights up when i press the button, nothing else happing now

the program is good.. the question is does the backup or dump is good? additional ch341a does not read properly sometimes better u get rt809f or svod for better reading

Comment

now try flash the original 8mb lets see if the display comes back

Comment

Originally posted by alfredposadas09 View Post

now try flash the original 8mb lets see if the display comes back
                                      soo, i just flashed the originall bios back and these notebook startet again

1.) maybe i did something wrong while soldering
                                      2.) maybe the unlocked bios is not correct

@hoaca388

can you also look into this, i am new to this and soldering this chip on and off many times doesnt make it better i guess

maybe anyhow possible to read out the adminpassword via the bios file?

Comment

soo, i just flashed the originall bios back and these notebook startet again

1.) maybe i did something wrong while soldering
                                        2.) maybe the unlocked bios is not correct

@hoaca388

can you also look into this, i am new to this and soldering this chip on and off many times doesnt make it better i guess

maybe anyhow possible to read out the adminpassword via the bios file?

hey guys i just read out my own bios file in a hex editor and did my mods of some HEX like shown in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAxdl59j7u0

this worked perfeclty for me, but i have to say, maybe i did the soldering wrong with the first try of alfredposadas09 bios file

so thanks also to him, and all of your infos i could solve the issue

niceeeee

Comment

Working...
                                        X