No announcement yet.

LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot! Thanks to your help, i managed to unlock my T470s. Although i know about the very useful help section, here some notes for others who might want to try the method as well (sorry for redundancy to other comments and instructions):
    * the whole process is perfectly described here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ypCYSxbxyY
    * i used a 9$ CH314a programmer with the 3V fix (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwnzzF645hA)
    * in-circuit flashing didn't work for me, so unsoldering seems to be mandatory for T470s
    * i found that i needed to erase my BIOS chip in order to get the write to work properly. Just as you already mentioned: ALSWAYS VERIFY the written chip
    * as addition to some forum questions: my T470s has W25Q128JV chips and does NOT need an 1,8V adapter. please check individually for your specific flash chip (e.g. at mouser.com)

Comment

Hi! I have superadmin pass. on bios. Can you help me?

lenovo p52
      sn:pf-1838a0
      EP520 NM-B562 Rev.1.0
      Attached Files
      Last edited by joger182; 01-05-2024, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justin.caseof View Post
      Thanks a lot! Thanks to your help, i managed to unlock my T470s. Although i know about the very useful help section, here some notes for others who might want to try the method as well (sorry for redundancy to other comments and instructions):
      * the whole process is perfectly described here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ypCYSxbxyY
      * i used a 9$ CH314a programmer with the 3V fix (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwnzzF645hA)
      * in-circuit flashing didn't work for me, so unsoldering seems to be mandatory for T470s
      * i found that i needed to erase my BIOS chip in order to get the write to work properly. Just as you already mentioned: ALSWAYS VERIFY the written chip
      * as addition to some forum questions: my T470s has W25Q128JV chips and does NOT need an 1,8V adapter. please check individually for your specific flash chip (e.g. at mouser.com)

I'm surprised I haven't seen another youtube tutorial on this tbh.
      I could imagine it's a bit of a learning curve for those without experience with SPI flashing

Comment

Thank you so much for providing this solution. It worked perfectly on my t470 using a CH341A programmer. I managed to remove my BIOS' password easily following all the steps and the Fluid Fix's video.

Comment

Hi, I'm trying to use this tool for my i7 x250 with a supervisor password. After I flash it it gives me 5 beeps - pause - 5 beeps. If I flash the backed up BIOS image again, it will boot as normal, but the BIOS doesn't get unlocked.
          I use AsProgrammer and a ch341a programmer. I read the chip and verify it, then save the read BIOS to a file, then modify it with auto-patcher. After that I use "Unprotect-> erase -> program -> verify" button to write the modified BIOS back to the chip. After that I try to boot but it gives the beeps. I also use Python 3.11 for running the script. Could anyone help me out with this BIOS file or tell me what am I doing wrong?
          My device:
          Thinkpad x250 with Intel i7-5600u CPU
          Laptop model 20CM003FRT
          S/N PC-0543Q4 15/05
          Board number viux1 nm-a091
          Chip Winbound 25q128fvsq 1453
          Attached is the original BIOS backup (before any modifications)

By the way, I tried to patch it on both Linux and Windows. When I compared the two patched files with diff, it said they differ. Is that supposed to be so?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by technoir; 01-09-2024, 07:08 AM.

Comment

thanks for your help

Comment

I DID NOT SEE THE LENOVO PATCHER FILE WILL U PLEASE PROVIDE

Comment

• Vesko356
              Vesko356 commented
              Editing a comment
              Posts 1, 3121
              Do not post in all caps please!
              Read at least the last page before asking questions.

hi there,
            try this

Attached Files

Comment

hello,
              I have a Lenovo Thinkpad 13

Thinkpad 13 with Intel i7-7500u CPU
              Laptop model 20J2S0KY00
              S/N LR-0AH7ED
              Board number A1SH7BW00A0

I have supervisory password problem.
              I cannot share BIOS backup, because I can not get from computer.

Comment

hello,
                please help to patch, tried to use all existing patched bios here but always blank screen.

Thinkpad T480s
                Laptop model 20L8-S4RV00
                S/N PC-15NX1R
                Board number NM-B471

Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by naga99 View Post
                  hello,
                  please help to patch, tried to use all existing patched bios here but always blank screen.

Thinkpad T480s
                  Laptop model 20L8-S4RV00
                  S/N PC-15NX1R
                  Board number NM-B471

Thanks
                  Hello pleas try this patched file ... Good luck ...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• naga99
                    naga99 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thank you for the help...

Hello. I want to download AUTO-PATCHER with LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal, where is the file? Where can I find it in BADCAPS' Knucklegrumble post? I have downloaded python, but I cannot download AUTO-PATCHER. Could you please tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by pdblues2231 View Post
                  hi there,
                  try this
                  Hi, thanks a lot for your help. I tried to flash your file, but when it asks for the supervisor password and I enter any symbol, it just counts it as a wrong password, then reboots after I reach 3 tries. It doesn't show Hardware ID or the next steps of patching. Do you know what's wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by technoir View Post

Hi, thanks a lot for your help. I tried to flash your file, but when it asks for the supervisor password and I enter any symbol, it just counts it as a wrong password, then reboots after I reach 3 tries. It doesn't show Hardware ID or the next steps of patching. Do you know what's wrong?
                    You doing something wrong obviously.
                    Here's your patched dump, read post #1 carefully and follow each step described in "how to use the patch".
                    Attached Files
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                    Thanks to all supporters.​
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post

You doing something wrong obviously.

Your file gives me 5 beeps - pause - 5 beeps, similar to how my own patches did.
                      Here's what I do:
                      1. Connect the chip, read it in AsProgrammer, verify; if everything's ok, open provided .bin file and unprotect -> erase -> program -> verify.
                      2. Once it finished flashing, remove the programmer from the board and plug in a power source (using an internal battery rn) and try to power on.
                      3. If it gives me the Thinkpad logo (as is with pdblues' file), press F1 to go to BIOS.
                      4. Dismiss the fingerprint scanner message to get to entering the password. After I enter the password 3 times, it blocks any further attempts and reboots.

Is that OK that your dump is 0.17 mb bigger than my original file? It looks like there's a bit of stuff at the very end that gets cut off.

edit Also the SSD is unplugged entirely. I could try taping down the tamper switch just in case later tonight, but this device doesn't have anti-tamper protection enabled anyways.
                      Last edited by Vesko356; 01-13-2024, 04:10 PM. Reason: !

Comment

hello,
                        please could You help to patch bios with supervisor password blocked after thermal paste replace.

Thinkpad T470p
                        Laptop model 20J6-0018MD
                        S/N PF-0WUH3E
                        Board number NM-B071 Rev:1.0

Thank You wery much.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by paboxx View Post
                          hello,
                          please could You help to patch bios with supervisor password blocked after thermal paste replace.

Thinkpad T470p
                          Laptop model 20J6-0018MD
                          S/N PF-0WUH3E
                          Board number NM-B071 Rev:1.0

Thank You wery much.
                          Try this patched file ...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thank You Markus, but with new bios laptop stuck at red lenovo logo.

If i interrupt pressing enter it gives me error 0183: Bad CRC of Security Settings in EFI variable.

Press F1 to enter Setup, and after press F1 supervisor password icon appears.

Maybe You could help me.

Comment

Hello once again, I type password "admin" and it go further.
                              Then appears screen uploaded in attachment, and I push Enter, then press space two times appears and reboot.
                              Now supervisor password not show up, but when trying to enter bios it only shows "Entering Setup" and 5 dots appearing
                              I think I made mistake not typing key under Hardware ID
                              What should I do now?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hello, have you ever read the instructions in post #1 where you can see everything about how to remove a password from the 4th to the 8th Lenovo version.
                                Last edited by Markus1741; 01-14-2024, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X