Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
    Oh the Lenovo T480s model is tricky the resistors are placed way too close to

the EEPROM they can be damaged very quickly with the clip.

This interrupts the signal path so that the BIOS can no longer start.

Please be sure to look at the pictures, I've already had to repair it.

Good luck ...
    looks like i did exactly what you said and knocked off resistors with the bleeping clip should have read this post and waited for my hot air station to arrive. Is it poosible to fix? will bridging the pads work? these things are so tiny i cant imagine fitting new ones

Comment

Hey, so far I have used this tool successfully on two other ThinkPads and I can't be more grateful.

However, today I used the tool as per usual but came across an issue when going through the sequence on an x280.
      After booting into the patched bios I have the option to enter setup, and so I do. At this point I can no longer proceed as the ThinkPad is at a constant state of, "Entering Setup".

After a quick search through this forum someone else seems to have had the same problem. For them it was a problem with their original bios being corrupt.

I am not experienced enough in this subject and therefore do not have the knowledge of finding out whether my original bios is corrupt or not, let alone the knowledge of how to fix said corrupt broken bios.

Can anyone confirm whether or not this issue is as a result of my original bios being corrupt? I have attached the original bios file.

Many thanks, PT
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ThinkpadMounty View Post
        looks like i did exactly what you said and knocked off resistors with the bleeping clip should have read this post and waited for my hot air station to arrive. Is it poosible to fix? will bridging the pads work? these things are so tiny i cant imagine fitting new ones
        Hello, you can try to bridge the resistance with a solder bridge.

I can't guarantee that it will work.

I've also read that this was done.

It's all too good that these resistances are very small.

Design 0201

Here is a size comparison.

Good luck.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PTMQ View Post
          Hey, so far I have used this tool successfully on two other ThinkPads and I can't be more grateful.

However, today I used the tool as per usual but came across an issue when going through the sequence on an x280.
          After booting into the patched bios I have the option to enter setup, and so I do. At this point I can no longer proceed as the ThinkPad is at a constant state of, "Entering Setup".

After a quick search through this forum someone else seems to have had the same problem. For them it was a problem with their original bios being corrupt.

I am not experienced enough in this subject and therefore do not have the knowledge of finding out whether my original bios is corrupt or not, let alone the knowledge of how to fix said corrupt broken bios.

Can anyone confirm whether or not this issue is as a result of my original bios being corrupt? I have attached the original bios file.

Many thanks, PT
          Hello try this me clean file ...

Good luck
          Attached Files

Comment

Tried it with a T540p, works as intended, just remember to take the EC dump (4mbit file) instead of main bios
            Forced to love badcaps.net

Comment

Hello try this me clean file ...

Good luck
              Excellent, thank you, I will let you know later how it goes.
              Many thanks, PT

Comment

Originally posted by PTMQ View Post
                Excellent, thank you, I will let you know later how it goes.
                Many thanks, PT
                Hello, yes, try it out.

If it doesn't work, I think it's not your BIOS file.

Because in my opinion it was OK.

I would then suspect a hardware error.

Good luck ....

Comment

Hello, yes, try it out.

Good luck ....
                  Hi Markus,

Just to make sure, I will patch the bios file generously attached by another user, flash that, then flash the un-patched version of that file after going through the steps as opposed to my own original bios?
                  *Edit: Oh and how would I convert the .bin file into an .ext so that I can use it with the autopatcher.
                  Apologies if these questions are a bit silly (I'm still learning)*

Many thanks, PT
                  Last edited by PTMQ; 09-26-2023, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Hello, help, remove the password from lenovo p50 lenovo autopather does not create a file
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ramkaskad12 View Post
                      Hello, help, remove the password from lenovo p50 lenovo autopather does not create a file
                      You must post the laptop serial number https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by smdflea View Post
                        you must post the laptop serial number https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

s/n pc-0g0388

Comment

Originally posted by ramkaskad12 View Post
                          Try ...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Try ...
                            thanks it works

Comment

Hello, yes, try it out.

Good luck ....
                              Hi Marcus,

So what I did was rename the file you sent so that it was an ext. I then used the autopatcher to generate a patched file. I flashed that but I still have the same issue.
                              Is what I did correct or did you have different intentions for the bin you sent?

Many thanks, PT

Comment

Hey, me again,

forget everything I said, I don't know what I did but I ended up with a stable unlocked bios.
                                I didn't go through the process of pressing space when asked to on the patched bios etc as I didn't have the option to but I eventually ended up with an unlocked bios.
                                Apologies for the silly questions and constant pestering.

Many thanks, PT

Comment

hi, new to this programming of bios, i have attached my dump, made 4 copies. can some one confirm nothing is corrupt before i patch?
                                  its a winbond 25q80dvs1g1844
                                  thanks
                                  its a lenovo x8380 yoga sorry for typo
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by singh4lfie; 09-27-2023, 06:44 AM. Reason: not mentioning model number in original post

Comment

Originally posted by singh4lfie View Post
                                    hi, new to this programming of bios, i have attached my dump, made 4 copies. can some one confirm nothing is corrupt before i patch?
                                    its a winbond 25q80dvs1g1844
                                    thanks
                                    its a lenovo x8250
                                    Wrong chip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                    Thanks to all supporters.
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

sorry i had the wrong model number typed. which chip do i have to look for?
                                      this is of the ut2.

Comment

this is of the ut2.
                                        You choose the chips W25Q64..., W25Q128..., W25Q256...(for winbond chips)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

this is of the ut2.
                                          Read the rules before posting:
                                          RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

You MUST:

Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Working...
                                          X