LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

what to do when you don't have the supervisor password, and you get error 0183? model T490.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alexandrebrigues View Post
      what to do when you don't have the supervisor password, and you get error 0183? model T490.
      enter the bios, set the date and time.
      Check if the bios battery is connected.

Comment

Originally posted by danito View Post
        enter the bios, set the date and time.
        Check if the bios battery is connected.
        it is not possible to enter the bios, because I do not have the supervisor password.

Comment

Witam Ponownie

Proszę o pomoc nie radzę sobie z moim biosem od lenovo l470
          nawet autopatcher nie pomaga proszę o pomoc

Hello again

Please help, I can't deal with my bios from lenovo l470
          even autopatcher doesn't help please help

[Mod. Edit-Vesko356] This is an english language forum, post in English please!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Vesko356; 06-28-2023, 11:51 AM. Reason: Google translation.

Comment

Originally posted by seso1983 View Post
            Witam Ponownie

Proszę o pomoc nie radzę sobie z moim biosem od lenovo l470
            nawet autopatcher nie pomaga proszę o pomoc

Hello again

Please help, I can't deal with my bios from lenovo l470
            even autopatcher doesn't help please help

[Mod. Edit-Vesko356] This is an english language forum, post in English please!
            Are you kidding?

Your uploaded BIOS file is completely empty.

I would first try to create a reasonable backup of the notebook.

Ideally, create three backups.

And then read me how the auto-patcher works.

And the whole thing in English and not in Polish.

Good luck ...

Comment

Hi Markus as the file can be empty as it is 16MB I do not understand how it happens that it is like please help
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Markus as the file can be empty as it is 16MB I do not understand how it happens that it is like please help
                Open the backup with a hex editor,it will be all FF`s . HxD hex editor -> https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD20 .There is a polish version.
                What model is your programmer, i`ll guess its a CH341A or EZP20** .Have you desoldered the bios chip or are you using a clip. Post a picture if you can of the bios chip on the board.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

i have lenovo thinkpad t14s nm-c891 10th generation
                  i didnt find solution to remove password
                  can anyone help me please if there is any solution ???

Comment

Originally posted by hamodeh View Post
                    i have lenovo thinkpad t14s nm-c891 10th generation
                    i didnt find solution to remove password
                    can anyone help me please if there is any solution ???
                    Use the search engine before posting:
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111439

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                    Thanks to all supporters.​
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Hello,

After flashing the patched .bin on my T480s, my laptops screen stays dark and plays a short song.
                      Could anyone verify if the dump and the patch are actually ok?
                      And if not, could anyone try to correctly patch it?

Thanks!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shinr3x View Post
                        Hello,

After flashing the patched .bin on my T480s, my laptops screen stays dark and plays a short song.
                        Could anyone verify if the dump and the patch are actually ok?
                        And if not, could anyone try to correctly patch it?

Thanks!
                        You can check/verify this yourself by testing the laptop with the original dump, and regarding the patched file - yes, it is patched correctly.

All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                        Thanks to all supporters.​
                        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Welp.. I put back the original dump and it's doing the same beeping sound. Sooo... I might have done something wrong.
                          I'll investigate more. Hope I'll be able to bring it back

Is it possible for the clip that came with the ch341a to damage the connection of the bios cheap to the motherboard?

LE: Someone in post #2190 suggested also removing the ram when flashing. I'll try that later and report back in case that fixes it.
                          What I did right now is:
                          - removed battery
                          - removed CMOS battery
                          - held the power button to drain any remaining energy
                          - connected the bios chip to my PC via the CH341A (with the 3.3v mod) and the included clip
                          - read the bios 3 times and verified that they are the same via SHA256
                          - auto patched the dump
                          - flashed it back
                          - reconnected the CMOS battery and then the regular battery

I also tried with the SSD disconnected and there was no difference.
                          Last edited by Shinr3x; 07-01-2023, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinr3x View Post
                            Welp.. I put back the original dump and it's doing the same beeping sound. Sooo... I might have done something wrong.
                            I'll investigate more. Hope I'll be able to bring it back

Is it possible for the clip that came with the ch341a to damage the connection of the bios cheap to the motherboard?

LE: Someone in post #2190 suggested also removing the ram when flashing. I'll try that later and report back in case that fixes it.
                            What I did right now is:
                            - removed battery
                            - removed CMOS battery
                            - held the power button to drain any remaining energy
                            - connected the bios chip to my PC via the CH341A (with the 3.3v mod) and the included clip
                            - read the bios 3 times and verified that they are the same via SHA256
                            - auto patched the dump
                            - flashed it back
                            - reconnected the CMOS battery and then the regular battery

I also tried with the SSD disconnected and there was no difference.
                            Oh the Lenovo T480s model is tricky the resistors are placed way too close to

the EEPROM they can be damaged very quickly with the clip.

This interrupts the signal path so that the BIOS can no longer start.

Please be sure to look at the pictures, I've already had to repair it.

Good luck ...
                            Attached Files

Comment

So it seems like you know your way around a t480s
                              Can you also confirm which is the bios chip? There's two possible ones: one near the ram (which I supposed was the right one) and another near the wifi card.

Thanks a lot for the recommendation. I'll try to see if that's the problem and if I can fix it.

Comment

Hallo Please help me my bios is have a password lenovo X1 carbon 3rd generation
                                LMQ-2 MB 1
                                13268-1
                                I tried with auto patcher but no result .and with other bois patched previously it gives always bips
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by atefdin; 07-01-2023, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by atefdin View Post
                                  Hallo Please help me my bios is have a password lenovo X1 carbon 3rd generation
                                  LMQ-2 MB 1
                                  13268-1
                                  I tried with auto patcher but no result .and with other bois patched previously it gives always bips
                                  STEP 1: Flash "clss__PATCHED" generated patch file

STEP 2: Boot the machine

STEP 3: Press ENTER/F1/etc. to enter BIOS settings

STEP 4: Enter 1234 ENTER when ask for Supervisor Password

STEP 5: Press ENTER when it shows Hardware ID

STEP 6: Press space bar 2x (2 time ) when asked

STEP 7: Turn off machine

STEP 8:take out the bios chip and WRITE ORIGINAL "clss" BIOS BACKUP

STEP 9: TURN ON LAPTOP AND ENTER IN TO BIOS SETTINGS

10: Reset BIOS settings to factory default
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by qayyum786; 07-02-2023, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Update on my T480s that was making beeping sounds.

I managed to get it all working. What I did different was taking out the RAM (though I doubt that actually made any difference) and enabling all options in the "Write IC" drop down in neoprogrammer: Off-Protect, Erase, Blank Check, Write and Verify.
                                    By default it was only Write and I didn't even notice the drop down menu there.
                                    Last edited by Shinr3x; 07-02-2023, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                      Open the backup with a hex editor,it will be all FF`s . HxD hex editor -> https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD20 .There is a polish version.
                                      What model is your programmer, i`ll guess its a CH341A or EZP20** .Have you desoldered the bios chip or are you using a clip. Post a picture if you can of the bios chip on the board.

Hi, it turns out that my programmer was damaged I bought a new one you can now look at this file

I used the EZP 2023 programmer + now I bought CH341 on clips my bios winbond 250 128 vso 1703
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by Vesko356; 07-03-2023, 10:25 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Comment

Hi, it turns out that my programmer was damaged I bought a new one you can now look at this file

I used the EZP 2023 programmer + now I bought CH341 on clips my bios winbond 250 128 vso 1703
                                        Hello now everything fits, try the file, good luck ...
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I tried to unlock the bios of a Lenovo ThinkPad X380 Yoga via the Patcher.
                                          For the backup of the Bios I used Asprogrammer V1.4.1, after which I patched the Bin generated with the Patcher and flash my bios. The problem, however, is that by turning on the PC the screen remains black, the fan runs for 1 second, the keyboard flashes and then everything remains off.
                                          I tried to flash the backup but the problem persists. Can someone help me?
                                          If it can be useful, I also made a backup with the "CH341A Programmer V1.3" program, which however gave me an error "Chip Main Memory with the content are in disagreement", and for this that I opted for As Programmer.
                                          My fear is that the backup made is corrupt or has been done badly. In this case, is there a way to be able to flash a working version of the bios?
                                          Last edited by vincycav; 07-04-2023, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X