X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Surface 3 Clean Bios? (noob)

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
    @vagrants
    If you used UEFITool NE version, when you do a search for AMITSESetup, the match it finds in the UEFI variable section is just a link, so click on the variable and then right-click on it and select the menu option "Go to data", it will take you strait to the variable data contents. Then you can extract the variable and use the tools to decode the password.
    AMITSESetup var = 0993D7267FBA3B4DA2E051744D07EB9A152E8EC1E95444E89F7BFA0E55A2B0350BC9665CC1EF1C83

--------
    Helllo, AAAC. Thanks for the help. I initially used that one, but it looked complicated, I passed. I used HxD instead. I was seeing the same thing on the UEFITool NE A61 win32 initially, but I finally found what you pointed out. It was under NVRAM/AmiTseSetupGuid at header-offset "some Hex".

Thanks much, lapfix & AAAC.

Comment

Hello. I have a surface 3 with a locked bios pw and was wondering if anyone could put together a step by step explanation on where to get txe2 or whatever programmer I need, then a step by step to dump the bios using said programmer. I have attempted reading the guide here, but i need to understand if I am using powershell or if there is an executable file. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by xlzr404 View Post
        ...was wondering if anyone could put together a step by step explanation... then a step by step to dump the bios...
        I'll have to quote myself:
        Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
        And why not pizza and Diet Coke too? Anything else?

TXE2 is not a programmer but software. There's no need to use any programmer for this particular device. Read the thread carefully, all you need is already explained.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.​
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Still reading. Did I do this correctly?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by xlzr404 View Post
            Still reading. Did I do this correctly?
            No.
            Continue reading carefully from the beginning.

Hints:
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...9&postcount=94
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...31&postcount=2

Code:
            C:\Flash Programming Tool\WINDOWS64>fptw64.exe -bios -d surface.bin
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.​
            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Working...
            X