Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Macbook 2018 above firmware password

Originally posted by kevingill View Post
    So you're not on the older iBridgeOS firmware?
    Not sure why my response went to the other post. Reposting here.

Based on the image found on page 21 -
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...=93978&page=21
    it starts out as the image on the left when I boot, then shows the second image and prompts me to connect to internet.

I found couple clips on youtube about using either paid or modifying the bios, but from reading the multiple posts here, it seems the bios method is not possible(?). If so, why did Siddig post T203 unlock bin on 2/25/22 which includes my model number A2179 in the zip file? This is what's confusing me. Is it that this flashing method is what is patched by the new Bridge OS?

Also, from my reading it seems paid solution is temporary in removing the lock. I don't mind paying, but don't want to waste money on something if it's not permanent.

Comment

Nobody knows if the crack will be permanent for intel T2 macs. But Apple won't likely spend ressources to try to patch it for models that are at least 3 years old and on a platform they moved away from.

Comment

Btw apple is ditching software upgrade support of intel macs at an accelerated pace. Monterey supported macbook air models from 2015, ventura from 2018 only.

Comment

Originally posted by daguix View Post
          Nobody knows if the crack will be permanent for intel T2 macs. But Apple won't likely spend ressources to try to patch it for models that are at least 3 years old and on a platform they moved away from.
          Unfortunately that's not true my friend, Apple is releasing new bridgeOs for T2 macs almost once a month with always new changes mostly security, I dont think they will let the T2 macs go easy until another few years from now maybe 2025 or more since they are known to support macs sometimes up to 8 years, so they will keep patching and we will keep h@cking. till today we can do great things
          -bypass old & new bridge icloud
          -remove EFI & keeping the data
          -changing SN all from software
          -even cracking ssd encryption
          Last edited by alassane.dontavius; 01-31-2023, 04:46 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Dr33m0FTwoo View Post
            Not sure why my response went to the other post. Reposting here.

Based on the image found on page 21 -
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...=93978&page=21
            it starts out as the image on the left when I boot, then shows the second image and prompts me to connect to internet.

I found couple clips on youtube about using either paid or modifying the bios, but from reading the multiple posts here, it seems the bios method is not possible(?). If so, why did Siddig post T203 unlock bin on 2/25/22 which includes my model number A2179 in the zip file? This is what's confusing me. Is it that this flashing method is what is patched by the new Bridge OS?

Also, from my reading it seems paid solution is temporary in removing the lock. I don't mind paying, but don't want to waste money on something if it's not permanent.

My friend let me summarize it for you
            you have A2179 which is T2 mac with intel CPU
            so

If you have iCloud lock old bridgeOS you can you pay a tool for bypass or buy T203 to do it manually "T203 will cost you more than paying a tool"

if you have mdm lock then buy T203 to change SN or find someone that can change SN without T203, that's possible as well

If you have efi lock old bridgeOS you can you pay a tool for bypass or buy T203 to do it manually "T203 will cost you more than paying a tool"

new bridge can be unlocked too if you have icloud, efi, mdm
            Last edited by alassane.dontavius; 01-31-2023, 04:53 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

Originally posted by alassane.dontavius View Post
              My friend let me summarize it for you
              you have A2179 which is T2 mac with intel CPU
              so

If you have iCloud lock old bridgeOS you can you pay a tool for bypass or buy T203 to do it manually "T203 will cost you more than paying a tool"

if you have mdm lock then buy T203 to change SN or find someone that can change SN without T203, that's possible as well

If you have efi lock old bridgeOS you can you pay a tool for bypass or buy T203 to do it manually "T203 will cost you more than paying a tool"

new bridge can be unlocked too if you have icloud, efi, mdm
              Thank you for the clarification. From trying to restore the system after the initial download, the only option I get is to enter the icloud email address which I don't have as this is from a third party that sold it as parts. I figured I should take a shot at trying to get it in a usable state, instead of just dismantling it for parts only. I understand the need to protect a device if lost or stolen, but this level of lockdown on a system is like a sin. Especially for tech lovers that try to repair or reuse. At least allowing to install Ubuntu would have been great. Not sure if anyone tried it and was successful.

I got the system for much less than what the T203 costs. My confusion still is there is a post here from Siddig on 02-25-2022, 09:59 AM "this is all T203 unlock bin .you can use any programmer to flashing it."
              The zip contains a file named A2179 T2 Unlock Data.BIN. Is this something I can use to flash the bios to get around the lock? Has anyone tried this? Is this something usable to avoid paying for the T203 or paid service?

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. From trying to restore the system after the initial download, the only option I get is to enter the icloud email address which I don't have as this is from a third party that sold it as parts. I figured I should take a shot at trying to get it in a usable state, instead of just dismantling it for parts only. I understand the need to protect a device if lost or stolen, but this level of lockdown on a system is like a sin. Especially for tech lovers that try to repair or reuse. At least allowing to install Ubuntu would have been great. Not sure if anyone tried it and was successful.

I got the system for much less than what the T203 costs. My confusion still is there is a post here from Siddig on 02-25-2022, 09:59 AM "this is all T203 unlock bin .you can use any programmer to flashing it."
                The zip contains a file named A2179 T2 Unlock Data.BIN. Is this something I can use to flash the bios to get around the lock? Has anyone tried this? Is this something usable to avoid paying for the T203 or paid service?

forget about Siddig, its all wrong

Comment

Originally posted by alassane.dontavius View Post
                  forget about Siddig, its all wrong
                  So I guess I am back to sqaure one.

Comment

So I guess I am back to sqaure one.
                    Yes!

Comment