Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help creating an empy Intel ME for HP EliteBook 1030 G4

Hi!

I've got a few identical HP EliteBook 1030 G4 laptops. Most of them I succeeded flashing, but a few went wrong. Therefore they're BIOS is now corrupted. Here is a dump of a correct/working bios (no password, fully working, exact same ram, display, LTE, WIFI etc etc).
    I tried cleaning the ME region myself (see attached file), but i think that's wrong, because it doesnt start with the correct amount of zero bytes...

Of course, just flashing those binaries on a different laptop will result in HP Endpoint Security controller problem and resetting the bios after that bricks the entire laptop. Therefore i'd like to not do that :P.

I;d like to clear the Intel ME so that i can flash one image to all laptops, but my own attempt at clearing the ME doesnt work correctly. Can someone also explain shortley what they did? (i used v12.0.47 corporate low power C RGN bin from the winraid forums, intel FIT tool version 12 and then simply opened the old bios, disabled intermediate files, saved to config.xml, replaced "ME Sub Partition.bin" with the 12.0.47 cor-lp-rg binary and then compiled)

Many thanks!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by bonsale View Post
    Hi!

I've got a few identical HP EliteBook 1030 G4 laptops. Most of them I succeeded flashing, but a few went wrong. Therefore they're BIOS is now corrupted. Here is a dump of a correct/working bios (no password, fully working, exact same ram, display, LTE, WIFI etc etc).
    I tried cleaning the ME region myself (see attached file), but i think that's wrong, because it doesnt start with the correct amount of zero bytes...

Of course, just flashing those binaries on a different laptop will result in HP Endpoint Security controller problem and resetting the bios after that bricks the entire laptop. Therefore i'd like to not do that :P.

I;d like to clear the Intel ME so that i can flash one image to all laptops, but my own attempt at clearing the ME doesnt work correctly. Can someone also explain shortley what they did? (i used v12.0.47 corporate low power C RGN bin from the winraid forums, intel FIT tool version 12 and then simply opened the old bios, disabled intermediate files, saved to config.xml, replaced "ME Sub Partition.bin" with the 12.0.47 cor-lp-rg binary and then compiled)

Many thanks!
    try
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bonsale View Post
      Hi!

I've got a few identical HP EliteBook 1030 G4 laptops. Most of them I succeeded flashing, but a few went wrong.
      RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
      • Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 ) ,The serial number, make, full model number, motherboard model and revision (except QR codes) must be written/typed at your request as per the rules. Not as a picture, part of the file name and so on.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
      X