Need BIOS MSI GS66 Stealth 10UG please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need BIOS MSI GS66 Stealth 10UG please

I used the Amidewinx64 program and changed the bios manufacturer and product name values, after the changes the bios closed and did not change the values, now the msi dragon center does not recognize the motherboard.
    Soldered the bios chip.
    Please give bios dump for MSI GS66 STEALTH 10UG MS-16V3.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fesen; 04-26-2023, 12:40 PM.

Re: Need BIOS MSI GS66 Stealth 10UG please

Originally posted by fesen View Post
    I used the Amidewinx64 program and changed the bios manufacturer and product name values, after the changes the bios closed and did not change the values, now the msi dragon center does not recognize the motherboard.
    Soldered the bios chip.
    Please give bios dump for MSI GS66 STEALTH 10UG MS-16V3.
    Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
    If you don't know - usually MSI put the bios update at their support page as a ready to use file.
    https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GS66-Stealth-10UG/support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

This does not change the product name in the bios itself.
      Thanks for trying to help.
      After 1 change, the bios was blocked. Now writes a data change error.

Comment

I took out the bios chip and took a dump of what is there through the CH341 programmer.

Comment

I can't understand what you mean but all you have to do is download the archive and the bios is inside that archive.
          Don't send replies one after another, use EDIT button.

Comment

Renamed to .bin The programmer writes - the file size is larger than the chip size.

I sent the problem in the image. Instead of correct values - letters / numbers.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by fesen; 04-26-2023, 01:17 PM.

Comment

In this case obviously the chip you are trying to program with the downloaded file is not the right one. What are the chip markings?
              Btw I just looked at the attached file in your first post and it's not the bios dump, you dumped the wrong chip. So find the right one at the board. must be 16MB SPI, W25Q128xxxx or something similar as a marking on it.

Comment

In this case obviously the chip you are trying to program with the downloaded file is not the right one. What are the chip markings?
                Btw I just looked at the attached file in your first post and it's not the bios dump, you dumped the wrong chip. So find the right one at the board. must be 16MB SPI, W25Q128xxxx or something similar as a marking on it.

i got dump from this winbond 25Q80DVSIG

I replaced the bios chip in the laptop and it still turns on normally. Is it possible that the chip was damaged?

UPD.

I still managed to flash the bios!
                Thank you very much, I'm flashing a chip for the first time)
                It was necessary to erase the previous data.
                BUT the problem still remains, the product name and manufacterer are still incorrect.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by fesen; 04-26-2023, 02:53 PM.

Comment

i got dump from this winbond 25Q80DVSIG
                  Yep, obviously. And as I said it's not the right one.

I replaced the bios chip in the laptop and it still turns on normally. Is it possible that the chip was damaged?

What chip exactly you are talking about?
                  I didn't understand anything again!
                  As long as it turns on normally, what is the problem?
                  You want it to not turn on at all, right? Just joking.
                  Try to ask the questions a little more comprehensibly and meaningfully, because I can't help otherwise.

Edit:
                  UPD.

I still managed to flash the bios!
                  Thank you very much, I'm flashing a chip for the first time)
                  It was necessary to erase the previous data.
                  BUT the problem still remains, the product name and manufacterer are still incorrect.
                  Are you talking about the DMI data?
                  If yes - the DMI data should be copied (transferred) from the factory bios to the new virgin bios (downloaded from the MSI). Download the dump from your old bios here, along with the serial number from the label at the back cover.

Last edited by Vesko356; 04-26-2023, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Yep, obviously. And as I said it's not the right one.

What chip exactly you are talking about?
                    I didn't understand anything again!
                    As long as it turns on normally, what is the problem?
                    You want it to not turn on at all, right? Just joking.
                    Try to ask the questions a little more comprehensibly and meaningfully, because I can't help otherwise.

Edit:

Are you talking about the DMI data?
                    If yes - the DMI data should be copied (transferred) from the factory bios to the new virgin bios (downloaded from the MSI). Download the dump from your old bios here, along with the serial number from the label at the back cover.

Initially, I used a spoofer to change the hwid.
                    After applying ALL that could only change, the bios data was changed to letters / numbers.
                    Now, when flashing the BIOS chip, the original BIOS taken from msi.com writes an error about the size of the file, and as I understand it, even if it writes, it does not completely write the BIOS, I erase the chip before writing, I remove the chip lock completely in the programmer.

My opinion is that the chip is either blocked or burned out, as I understand it, i need to buy a new chip. 25q80dv.
                    Please tell me your opinion on this matter.

Also, my laptop turns on, enters Windows and enters the BIOS with a missing 25q80dv chip ...
                    the product name is incorrect on the image in bios without bios chip.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by fesen; 04-26-2023, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I don't know what you did or what programs you used to mess up the things,
                      Apparently we are on different pages, because after everything I explained I see from the image that you are trying to write the downloaded dump which is 16MB on a chip which is 1MB. It will never happen.

W25Q128XXXXX is 128 Megabits flash memory chip = 128 Megabits (Mb) = 16,384 KiloBytes (KB)
                      So the bios bin file for your machine must be 16,384 KB.
                      W25Q80xxxx: 1Mb = 1,024 KiloBytes (KB) (1048576Bytes)

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf-file/1...d/25Q80DVSIG/1

E16V3IMS.111 = 16,384 KiloBytes > 1,024 KiloBytes

Last edited by Vesko356; 04-26-2023, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Apparently we are on different pages, because after everything I explained I see from the image that you are trying to write the downloaded dump which is 16MB on a chip which is 1MB. It will never happen.

Where did you find the 1mb bios file?
                        The BIOS file from here https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/nb/E16V3IMS.111.zip weighs 16MB

dump I sent 1mb - the very first message, you said the dump is wrong.

The dmi values need to be changed to get the laptop back to normal.
                        But I tried many ways - there was always a DMI write error.
                        That's why I decided to flash the BIOS.

I flashed the BIOS from under the BIOS - it did not help to return the original name of the laptop and flashed firmware EC.
                        Last edited by fesen; 04-26-2023, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Where did you find the 1mb bios file?
                          The BIOS file from here https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/nb/E16V3IMS.111.zip weighs 16MB

dump I sent 1mb - the very first message, you said the dump is wrong
                          I didn't find it, you uploaded it.
                          Again, slowly, for the LAST time: your bios is 16Mb, E16V3IMS.111 is your virgin bios from MSI, you must find the 16Mb chip at the board, you have to take the dump from it to extract the DMI information and to transfer DMI to E16V3IMS.111, than to program back the dump to the chip.
                          Read all my replies carefully again.
                          1Mb file you've uploaded is not your bios, and the 25Q80DVSIG is not your bios chip.

Comment

Ok, I think I'm starting to understand. I need to find a microchip with a capacity of 16 mb, right?

Thanks, I found the bios diagram. As soon as I do everything, I will write.
                            Last edited by fesen; 04-26-2023, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I decided to take the laptop to the msi service center, because BIOS firmware does not solve anything, SMBIOS is most likely blocked by the developer.
                              Thanks for trying to help. As soon as they fix everything, if they say what the reason is, I will write.

Comment

I didn't find it, you uploaded it.
                                Again, slowly, for the LAST time: your bios is 16Mb, E16V3IMS.111 is your virgin bios from MSI, you must find the 16Mb chip at the board, you have to take the dump from it to extract the DMI information and to transfer DMI to E16V3IMS.111, than to program back the dump to the chip.
                                Read all my replies carefully again.
                                1Mb file you've uploaded is not your bios, and the 25Q80DVSIG is not your bios chip.
                                Hello, i find bios chip =)
                                Now the only problem is setting the correct DMI values.
                                I restored one GS65 laptop (I also used the amidewin program and the BIOS was blocked, I removed one dot (which I set for the experiment) and the BIOS was restored).

In the gs66 laptop, all values changed by another program - therefore I don’t know which value is responsible for what.

If it doesn't make it difficult - please indicate what data should be, if possible - please send a bios dump.

004321f0 - dmi adress in hex editor.
                                I edit dmi, but MSI Dragon Center not started...
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by fesen; 05-08-2023, 01:39 AM.

Comment

I did it!
                                  After changing all DMIs to stock with HxD editor in dump bios from chip, I flashed the EC Firmware from the MSI website, then flashed the BIOS through the BIOS.
                                  Reinstalled Windows and everything worked as it should!)
                                  Thanks to everyone who helped and followed the topic!
                                  From equipment programmer: CH341A, soldering iron TS-80, solder paste 180C, wick CP-2515.
                                  After flashing the BIOS chip, the laptop reboots itself 5 times - this is normal, leave it, most likely it processes the BIOS firmware!
                                  Good luck!)
                                  Last edited by fesen; 05-08-2023, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                  X